2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Liamena

Re: 2017 Train & Bus timetable changes

Post by Liamena »

Free Lance wrote:Airport to Bankstown simply, (1) catch first train Airport to Wolli Creek change trains (2) train from Wolli Creek to Sydenham (3) change trains again (3) Sydenham to Bankstown
(4) of course knowing Sydney, Airport to Padstow Station then bus to Bankstown (either M91 or M92 or some I don't even know)
Connections for this are likely to be poor, you're probably better off going to Central.

Anyway, it is pretty poor of the signs at the airport not to show that the line through International and Domestic stations does not also go in the other direction, towards Campbelltown as well as towards Wolli Creek and Illawarra, Eastern Suburbs and South Coast line.

They also have a rather bizarre outline of a 747 departing from the domestic airport.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

boronia wrote:I think the problem at Redern is the platforms, not the concourse.
Or the number of gates.
Glen

Post by Glen »

boronia wrote:I notice in the new printed timetables, there are separate pages for Saturdays and Sundays/holidays, where as previously there was just one page for both.
Strangely not on T1 North Shore.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

I accidentally edited this post, instead of quoting parts.

But to summarise

Redfern stopping
CCN trains not stopping at Redfern
GOOD!
Why can't V-Sets be used on the Wickham to Central Line on the weekend & an Oscar allowed 130kmh
But aren't V-Sets capable of 130kmh & don't their speedometers have a maximum of 160kmh?

05:03 Wickham - Central weekday express
I went on the 05:03 Wickham Interchange to Central, now the fastest express the other day, and even it was arriving anywhere from 2 to 3+ minutes early, eg: (Compared to the due it was meant to leave stations) about 1½ mins early at Hamilton, roughly on time at Broadmeadow, 3 mins early at Morisset, just under 3 mins early at Wyong, 1 min early at Tuggerah, 3 mins early at Gosford, only about ½ min late at Woy Woy, 2 mins early at both Epping & Strathfield. 3 minutes stopped at a signal just outside Central Station (I think near SY 110) but arrived Central 1 minute late.

So even stopping at the same stations, it could do it in say 2hr 12 -14 mins.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Glen

Post by Glen »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
I went on the 05:03 Wickham Interchange to Central, now the fastest express the other day, and even it was arriving anywhere from 2 to 3+ minutes early, eg: (Compared to the due it was meant to leave stations) about 1½ mins early at Hamilton, roughly on time at Broadmeadow, 3 mins early at Morisset, just under 3 mins early at Wyong, 1 min early at Tuggerah, 3 mins early at Gosford, only about ½ min late at Woy Woy, 2 mins early at both Epping & Strathfield. 3 minutes stopped at a signal just outside Central Station (I think near SY 110) but arrived Central 1 minute late.

Indeed!

So don't anybody tell me we can't run trains a whole lot faster than the 'timetable on valium' system we currently have.
Newcastle Flyer

Allowing for 4 minutes from the real Newcastle Station, that would be actually faster than the former 08:00 (later 07:58) times of Newcastle - Central. In total the above running times equals about 2hrs 11 mins.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Scott4570

Post by Scott4570 »

boronia wrote:I notice in the new printed timetables, there are separate pages for Saturdays and Sundays/holidays, where as previously there was just one page for both.

A quick look through T1 West didn't show any differences, has anyone checked in detail?:
T8 services on Saturday Evening use two trains:-
1/ All Stations Revesby service.
2/ Macarthur Express service.
Sunday Night, the service is combined into one train:-
All Stations to Revesby, then continuing all stations to Macarthur for the outbound journey, and reverse for the inbound journey.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Scott4570 wrote:

A quick look through T1 West didn't show any differences, has anyone checked in detail?:
T8 services on Saturday Evening use two trains:-
1/ All Stations Revesby service.
2/ Macarthur Express service.
Sunday Night, the service is combined into one train:-
All Stations to Revesby, then continuing all stations to Macarthur for the outbound journey, and reverse for the inbound journey.
They must have run out of money to keep the 8 tph Airport service going on Sunday night.

And here's me thinking a lot of people fly home on Sunday nights.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Glen wrote:
Newcastle Flyer wrote:

Indeed!

So don't anybody tell me we can't run trains a whole lot faster than the 'timetable on valium' system we currently have.
I noticed last weekend the CCN train I was on arrived at Epping a full 3 minutes early.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: I went on the 05:03 Wickham Interchange to Central, now the fastest express the other day, and even it was arriving anywhere from 2 to 3+ minutes early, eg: (Compared to the due it was meant to leave stations) about 1½ mins early at Hamilton, roughly on time at Broadmeadow, 3 mins early at Morisset, just under 3 mins early at Wyong, 1 min early at Tuggerah, 3 mins early at Gosford, only about ½ min late at Woy Woy, 2 mins early at both Epping & Strathfield. 3 minutes stopped at a signal just outside Central Station (I think near SY 110) but arrived Central 1 minute late.

They don't seem to like letting trains into Central early. Any time made up along the way will be cut out under Cleveland St. Esp if there is a departure around the same time, the departing train gets priority.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Newcastle Flyer

Note: I accidentally edited my post here so I've just summarised parts of it.

Click on Train 281C Wickham - Central for the times I recorded.

(Not sure if two of the times maybe out of alignment when others view it - They're not when I view it. If you have a slow internet connection, you'll need to wait to it stops loading & the times and borders should be the correct alignment.)
White lives matter too.
andy_centralcoast

boronia wrote:They don't seem to like letting trains into Central early. Any time made up along the way will be cut out under Cleveland St. Esp if there is a departure around the same time, the departing train gets priority.
Which makes the removal of Redfern all the more puzzling.

Also, I've heard some rumours that there are plans to make a few minor tweaks to some of the train times starting at Gosford on weekday mornings, increasing some journey times slightly by adding more 'recovery' time.
boronia

Post by boronia »

As only BMT services have been deleted at Redfern, one can only assume it is some form of political punishment.
@ The Museum of Fire.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

The T1 Western Line, T2 Inner West & Leppington Line, T5 Cumberland Line and T8 Airport & South Line has Saturday and Sunday timetable
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

boronia wrote:As only BMT services have been deleted at Redfern, one can only assume it is some form of political punishment.
I've never been on a CCN that stopped there, so I just assumed the BMT was the only Sydney Terminal line that did. Am I mistaken?
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

mandonov wrote:
boronia wrote:As only BMT services have been deleted at Redfern, one can only assume it is some form of political punishment.
I've never been on a CCN that stopped there, so I just assumed the BMT was the only Sydney Terminal line that did. Am I mistaken?
There are several services in each peak that stop at Redfern, most of which are operated using H sets.

Of particular interest are these services which are 8-car V sets that stop at Redfern, however the two afternoon trips both have it marked as a pickup only stop.

06:14 Gosford to Central
07:13 Gosford to Central
15:59 Central to Newcastle Interchange
16:29 Central to Gosford
andy_centralcoast

mandonov wrote:
15 each weekday. 9 of the morning CCN trains to Sydney Terminal stop at Redfern, and 6 towards Gosford in the afternoon peak.

The South Coast Line services that go in and out of Sydney Terminal also stop at Redfern.
boronia

Post by boronia »

andy_centralcoast wrote: 15 each weekday. 9 of the morning CCN trains to Sydney Terminal stop at Redfern, and 6 towards Gosford in the afternoon peak.

The South Coast Line services that go in and out of Sydney Terminal also stop at Redfern.
Only peak hour BMT trains stopped there. I think about 6 in AM and 4 in PM
@ The Museum of Fire.
Glen

Post by Glen »

My guess is still because an 8DDIU over hangs the platform creating a safety issue.
andy_centralcoast

Glen wrote:
My guess is still because an 8DDIU over hangs the platform creating a safety issue.
What makes is it a safety issue for the Blue Mountains services but not the 8 car V-sets from the Central Coast? They still stop at Redfern, announced as alight from the front 6 cars.
boronia

Post by boronia »

That might be considered too hard for westies to understand?
@ The Museum of Fire.
andy_centralcoast

If you look at Redfern on the new intercity network map, you can see they've taken away the yellow dot for Blue Mountains Line but left the blue and red ones for Central Coast and South Coast.

A lot more suburban stops have also been added to the intercity network map: Lindfield, Artarmon, Wollstonecraft, Waverton and Burwood on the Central Coast Newcastle Line, Westmead on the Blue Mountains Line and Sydenham, Penshurst, Mortdale, Oatley, Jannali, Loftus, Engadine and Heathcote on the South Coast Line!
boronia

Post by boronia »

Westmead has been on BMT line for a while, most off peak M-F services have stopped there.

Now, only the Bathurst services, and one AM down Lithgow and one PM up service stop there.
@ The Museum of Fire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

boronia wrote:Westmead has been on BMT line for a while, most off peak M-F services have stopped there.

Now, only the Bathurst services, and one AM down Lithgow and one PM up service stop there.
Well, 0.5% of people who use Refern are Blue Mountains line passengers :)

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/transport-min ... 01ixd.html

Learn to change trains like the rest of us, or move closer!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

boronia wrote:That might be considered too hard for westies to understand?
You’re probably right. :)

I think Westmead was the same problem. 8V too long for the platforms.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”