December 2017 timetable changes

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: December 2017 timetable changes

Post by TA3001 »

bigrobbo wrote:
jibb wrote:I reckon the G40 route should be abolished. Goodwood Road G10 services should be increased from 30 minutes to 15 minutes between 900am and 300pm to compensate for this.
Those G40 buses could be put to better use to improve frequencies on the O-Bahn between TTP and the City.
Once the new Flinders Link train service opens in January 2019 there won't be the need for so many buses to go to Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University.
Maybe for 2018, we may need to cut the G40 in two. Having express or semi express buses to and from Flinders Uni are popular.

In 2019, the demand may decrease. Depends if the same level of demand is around the Central Market for a express service to Flinders
I think the G40 should be scrapped along with the M44. Having O'bahn equipped buses at Morphettville is like having electric railcar consists stabled at Gawler.

The O'bahn and the Morphettville depot are too far apart. Scrapping the through-linked routes in question would free up resources to provide more capacity on existing services.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Why would you split the M44-it is a successful and well patronised route.You need buses stabled at Morphettville to enable M44 to operate at its maximum.
Apart from that 19-20 Morphettville buses for the O-Bahn wouldn't fit into the current St Agnes Depot layout-it is pretty much at capacity at the moment.
DPTI have tried to buy property adjacent to the depot,but without any luck so far.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Currently riding 445 on a 361 to TTP. Maybe my last ride? Who knows.

If you were to split the G40, you could do it in January. Demand for it from FU will soon die right down.

Have the split ready for the new uni year in March.

Do you all reckon there still should be an obahn service from Victoria Sq along King William St and North Tce? At peak times only.

Just offers something alternative for those who may want the Markets etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

From memory the G40 does not run between Flinders and the City during the summer school holidays. If it were to be split, this would be the opportune time to do so it. Splitting it may increase the service kilometres required, by requiring two buses travelling through the City in lieu of the single one currently.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
jibb

Post by jibb »

Don't see the point of splitting the route.You do 1 of 2 things;-
Keep it the way it is.
Just run it a a G40/G40M to/from the City.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

jibb wrote:Don't see the point of splitting the route.You do 1 of 2 things;-
Keep it the way it is.
Just run it a a G40/G40M to/from the City.
Should just renumber it 540 and whilst you are it renumber M44 to 544. For short workings
540M for Flinders Uni to Modbury, 540C for buses terminating in city. 544C for buses terminating in city.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

as I was saying earlier 200 all via eliza place in panorama for people who don't always need the central market but a fast service into town.it sucks due to work schedules i am racing against the clock to get the bus from colonel light gardens stop 18 kent rd when i can get one from 19c eliza place within walking distance of bedford panorama all on 15 minute intervals and maybe a dedicated 201 for Clapham terminators operating as the same back to town but change the timetables for people who finish work between 3pm and 3:30pm.the silly no services 7am to 7pm weekday policy is dumb to be honest on inbounds.i was on one of the ex clapham 200's after work yesterday(i normally catch the g40)and was impressed but am thinking people who work in the area that want an alternative especially in the days during december/january school holidays where the only bus between 11am and 3pm on the inbounds in that part of town is a g10 that takes about six to eight minutes longer and what is essentially until about north adelaide essentially the same service as what we used to get years ago till serco and now southlink elizabeth took that route over in the last twenty one years with the 222/224/225/226/228/229 the latter numbers being what they run as beyond the city on weekends and public holidays.
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

Not being entirely familiar with the traffic volumes in the area; I suspect that the "silly no services 7am to 7pm weekday policy" has been implemented to provide drivers the best possible opportunity to run on time, by avoiding a right hand turn into a busy main road. I recognise it to be inconvenient to you on paper; but how convenient is it for you and all the other people that have to catch the bus to have the bus running 10 minutes late every day because the driver can't get around a corner due to traffic volumes?
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

The 200B daytime route is similar to the 262 which operates instead of 263 services to the city in peak times to avoid a right turn across Brighton Road.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Self service timetable racks at Adelaide Metro info centres in Currie Street and Adelaide Railway station have been removed- you now have to queue up and ask for timetables-what a retrograde step.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

jibb wrote:Self service timetable racks at Adelaide Metro info centres in Currie Street and Adelaide Railway station have been removed- you now have to queue up and ask for timetables-what a retrograde step.
I think there is at least one registered member here who (possibly) collects timetables. So will it still be possible to ask for printed copies of every timetable? Will the staff be forced to oblige in regards to this request?

BTW, it's not me. I use apps, or occasionally pdf versions.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

They might have to source their timetables from displays at shopping centres, or any other place which would have a timetable rack.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

New bus timetables effective 17 December 2017 are up on the AdMet website. To view them search for each O-Bahn route and the new PDF is listed under the existing timetable.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Also other Grenfell and Currie Street routes e.g. H30 have new timetables too. However there doesn't appear to be much changing at all except for stops on Grenfell and Currie Streets.
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

Not just buses that go into/thru the city having timetable changes.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

A new yet very infrequent (only twice a week) 164 service is commencing from December 17 - from Harbourtown to the City - Route 164

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/conten ... -12-17.pdf
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

Adelaide Metro bus service changes 17 December 2017.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... ember-2017
softgrow

Post by softgrow »

jibb wrote:Self service timetable racks at Adelaide Metro info centres in Currie Street and Adelaide Railway station have been removed- you now have to queue up and ask for timetables-what a retrograde step.
Not quite right.

The bottom row out of four rows at the Currie Street info centre has been removed. The other three rows are still in use and filled with printed goodness :D
Racks Fri08 left hand side
Racks Fri08 left hand side
softgrow

Post by softgrow »

There are corflutes outlining changes attached to the new digital stops. Example below taken yesterday at the (soon to be former) Taxi Rank on South side of Grenfell Street near James Place.
O Bahn Changes Corflute
O Bahn Changes Corflute
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Many 493 and 494 services deleted during interpeak. Evanston Park commuters will have to request a 495 (Dial A Ride) to pick them up or walk to Tambelin, Evanston, Gawler Stations or closest 491/492 stop.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

And which genius decided to give J1s 18 minutes from Harbortown to the airport? You could do this on a pushbike. It's the same at night!

Why not just gives all J1s two hours from Glenelg to Adelaide instead? It would improve on time running at least.
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

What does everyone think about the concept stop designs for O-Bahn routes? I think they look pretty good and fit in well with the new digital city stop designs.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

TA3001 wrote:And which genius decided to give J1s 18 minutes from Harbortown to the airport? You could do this on a pushbike. It's the same at night!
Probably because the J1 tends to spend a lot of time sitting at the airport, dealing with passenger questions and people who don't know how to validate a ticket. It arrives on time or early, then leaves late.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

busrider wrote:
Probably because the J1 tends to spend a lot of time sitting at the airport, dealing with passenger questions and people who don't know how to validate a ticket. It arrives on time or early, then leaves late.
Well giving it that long will encourage at least a few drivers to sit on 30kph. This seems to be most common on Newton high floors. Catch a peak hour W90 from Adelaide to Marion, and you will see what I mean, or an inbound 174 between 3 and 7PM. From my obs, the last few inbound J1s from Glenelg tend to sit at stop 17 Military Rd at least 5 minutes. This could be to reduce early running before Harbortown, but there is at least 5 minutes in that schedule that could be deducted in the evening.

I know that Winston Ave can get congested at busy times, along with Cross Rd, but I think the timetable (from Marion in the arvo at least) is way too loose, given that at least one driver left Marion 13 minutes late at one point with at least 15-20 passengers aboard, got the usual mix of red/green lights, moderate traffic volumes on Sturt Rd and Cross Rd and still arrived stop D1 Currie St on time.
nscaler69

Post by nscaler69 »

I would like to why the AdMetro doesn't like having the 150 and 333 to have any kind of connection on a weekend at Port Adelaide.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”