Mercedes 1316 Custom Coach Body - Side Window Window Seals

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Rod B

Mercedes 1316 Custom Coach Body - Side Window Window Seals

Post by Rod B »

Hi All,
I am trying to establish if the rubber seal used on the side window fixed pane (under the sliding windows) is a one piece seal or is in two pieces, being the top horizontal piece with the second piece doing the sides and the bottom. I am hesitant to pull one out at this stage and am calling on those of you with far greater knowledge than I to afford me some advice. I have attached a photo of the windows in question.
Attachments
window.PNG
window.PNG (215.06 KiB) Viewed 6848 times
ax8

Re: Mercedes 1316 Custom Coach Body - Side Window Window Sea

Post by ax8 »

i've got a custom coaches step deck body with those windows and its a 1 piece rubber seal which goes around the whole window
Rod B

Post by Rod B »

Thanks ax8, I might go direct to them and ask.
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

For the lower fixed pane section off memory is a single rubber. you need to remove the slider windows then undo the screws that hold the window track in to be able to remove that glass
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
Rod B

Post by Rod B »

Thanks for all the info. I am still chasing a price on the rubbers.

On another matter but related to the windows, does anyone know of replacement windows that either slide or pushout for increased air flow? I am wanting them to fit the same cut out if possible. I know its a big ask as the existing windows have the angled sides. Its worth an ask to see what people have to say!

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”