'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Jurassic_Joke

Re: 'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

I don't think its purely for the escalator changes. To those escalators that are not going towards the platform, theres already an appropriate overhead NO ENTRY sign that can easily be flipped to Platform 4/ Platforms 5-6

I'm wondering if it'll actually be something like the Dutch do with their railway system:

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media ... aption.jpg

A small electronic screen on the concourse, giving some brief information about the next train departure on the platform.

But knowing TfNSW under the Libs and how much care, thought and creativity has actually gone into The Hop (aka none at all), I'm not really that hopeful :D can always dream
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

It doesn't appear they are large enough for that level of detail.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

8 electronic signs, 8 escalators.
From the current text could be up to four lines of display.

But I'd expect it just to show platform numbers and Tx Line identifier, or No Entry.

Already plenty of PIDs around the Concourse
Stu

Post by Stu »

The impending new timetable commmencing from 26/11/2017 also means that the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program will see changes rolled out across the Inner West, mostly affecting Region 6. During June and July a very large percentage of bus stops along routes 412 and 423 had the old yellow j-stems removed and new blue hop blades and j-stems installed. Now some of these shinny and colourful new bus stops will be removed due to the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, what a waste of time and money. I wonder if it is possible to screen print white ink over the blade that has been removed and then reprint the new information over the blade? Otherwise the blade or j-stem for that matter will have to be thrown out (recycled) due to each blade/j-stem displaying individual location information and route information.

TfNSW tasked the RMS with the responsibility for rolling out this particular program, at the same time TfNSW are busy putting up new hop bus stops the RMS will now be busy removing the said new bus stop signage.

There is a bus stop on Livingstone Rd (facing North) near Morgan St, Petersham which has a hop bus stop blade with the incorrect information. Two services stop here; 412-In and 428-Out.
- 412 City Martin Place.
- 428 City Martin Place. (Incorrect)
Solution; afix white tape over the affected area to convince customers that the 428 does not stop here at all or if it does stop here, the service has no destination.
quaidy

Post by quaidy »

Stu wrote:The impending new timetable commmencing from 26/11/2017 also means that the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program will see changes rolled out across the Inner West, mostly affecting Region 6. During June and July a very large percentage of bus stops along routes 412 and 423 had the old yellow j-stems removed and new blue hop blades and j-stems installed. Now some of these shinny and colourful new bus stops will be removed due to the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, what a waste of time and money. I wonder if it is possible to screen print white ink over the blade that has been removed and then reprint the new information over the blade? Otherwise the blade or j-stem for that matter will have to be thrown out (recycled) due to each blade/j-stem displaying individual location information and route information.

TfNSW tasked the RMS with the responsibility for rolling out this particular program, at the same time TfNSW are busy putting up new hop bus stops the RMS will now be busy removing the said new bus stop signage.

There is a bus stop on Livingstone Rd (facing North) near Morgan St, Petersham which has a hop bus stop blade with the incorrect information. Two services stop here; 412-In and 428-Out.
- 412 City Martin Place.
Solution; afix white tape over the affected area to convince customers that the 428 does not stop here at all or if it does stop here, the service has no destination.
Many of the stops to be removed along the 412 were not redone in the new style. Initially I wondered why they missed a few but now it seems these are the ones to be removed. Notices have gone up at them.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

About half the new Town Hall signs were working today.
Pic from outside, with my crappy focus in low light.

As I predicted, very simple.

This was next to two no-entry escalators. Arrow points 45 deg down when next to an entry point.
swtt

Post by swtt »

moa999 wrote:About half the new Town Hall signs were working today.
Pic from outside, with my crappy focus in low light.

As I predicted, very simple.

This was next to two no-entry escalators. Arrow points 45 deg down when next to an entry point.
I guess the directions of the escalators will be changing according to needs, much more frequently than they currently do?
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

The new concourse-indicators at Parramatta giving some brief information of the next departing train (what I was hoping what we would see at Town Hall with those new LED displays) is a step in the right direction vs useless platform numbers at stations with more platforms/lines
IMG_9790.jpg
IMG_9790.jpg (92.49 KiB) Viewed 11249 times
Meanwhile, at Parramatta as well, T5 line signage directing customers where the 4 car trains will stop:
IMG_9834-2.jpg
IMG_9834-2.jpg (104.19 KiB) Viewed 11249 times
quaidy

Post by quaidy »

They need something instead of a T for intercity, maybe BMT in a box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Your avatar provides the ultimate solution, but this is today's NSW.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Stu

Post by Stu »

quaidy wrote:
Stu wrote:The impending new timetable commmencing from 26/11/2017 also means that the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program will see changes rolled out across the Inner West, mostly affecting Region 6. During June and July a very large percentage of bus stops along routes 412 and 423 had the old yellow j-stems removed and new blue hop blades and j-stems installed. Now some of these shinny and colourful new bus stops will be removed due to the Bus Priority Infrastructure Program, what a waste of time and money. I wonder if it is possible to screen print white ink over the blade that has been removed and then reprint the new information over the blade? Otherwise the blade or j-stem for that matter will have to be thrown out (recycled) due to each blade/j-stem displaying individual location information and route information.

- 412 City Martin Place.
Many of the stops to be removed along the 412 were not redone in the new style. Initially I wondered why they missed a few but now it seems these are the ones to be removed. Notices have gone up at them.

The bus stop on Homer St near Braeside Cr is a blue Hop branded bus stop and is scheduled for removal.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Does anyone have copy of "Getting around with Sydney Trains" brochure with November 2017 version?
MLVD

Post by MLVD »

At Glenfield station:
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Looks great, now hopefully they bring these to more (larger) stations on the network.
Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Looks like a cheap version of Hop branding has made its way to Red Bus bus stop signs on the Central Coast. B with a "Please signal driver" decal covering the old version.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Town Hall has already been updated.

New subtle design/style which I think is quite nice.
IMG_9866.jpg
IMG_9866.jpg (103.81 KiB) Viewed 10837 times
IMG_9869.jpg
IMG_9869.jpg (116.23 KiB) Viewed 10837 times
And then naturally the rest of the existing signs got refreshed.
IMG_9867.jpg
IMG_9867.jpg (106.61 KiB) Viewed 10837 times
IMG_9868.jpg
IMG_9868.jpg (91.19 KiB) Viewed 10837 times
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I still don't understand this T nonsense. How would poor visitors to Sydney cope? They would feel lost like they are in another...oh never mind.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
jaseee

Post by jaseee »

The Town Hall signage says that T3 Liverpool services go from Platform 6, except a lot of them now go from Platform 1 instead, so it is a bit confusing for passengers who might not know this.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

Liverpool is mentioned on the Platform 1 list as well.
swtt

Post by swtt »

moa999 wrote:Liverpool is mentioned on the Platform 1 list as well.
Because it's T2 Leppington via Liverpool? :P

Or is it T3 Liverpool via Bankstown?
jaseee

Post by jaseee »

It's T3 Liverpool via Bankstown, hence my post! It is wrong (the sign).
swtt

Post by swtt »

jaseee wrote:It's T3 Liverpool via Bankstown, hence my post! It is wrong (the sign).
Misread your post.

Not exactly wrong, but on weekends that is where Liverpool via Bankstown trains depart.

Hard when it's both platforms 1 and 6.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

If I'm not wrong, most T3 services from city use City Circle clockwise (even on weekends) except for Liverpool bound on weekdays, so it would use Platform 6 (clockwise City Circle) a lot more often than Platform 1 (anticlockwise City Circle).
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Some stations that never had (Hop) platform-wayfinding before the new timetable have gotten this recently since the new timetable.
IMG_9957.jpg
IMG_9957.jpg (64.03 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
Mascot. First Airport Link station I've seen with this kind of sign.
IMG_9975.jpg
IMG_9975.jpg (105.85 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
IMG_9976.jpg
IMG_9976.jpg (95.38 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
Redfern has been given back platform information too which was wrongly removed when the station underwent Hop treatment.
IMG_9977.jpg
IMG_9977.jpg (99.97 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
They forgot one for platform 12??? Looks pretty half baked to me
moa999

Post by moa999 »

The new 'City' line branding (obviously a virtual combination) is interesting

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”