Some Newcastle Transport photos taken over June and November

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Some Newcastle Transport photos taken over June and November

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

It's been quite a while since I've submitted photos photos here in the Photo forum. Well in my absence in this area I've been out in the Newcastle CBD and around town taking photos of you guessed it. Newcastle Transport's buses. Anyway I won't put you through a boring introduction speech and I'm sure you are here for the photos so I'll let the mini gallery get on the road. These Photos were taken between June 2017 and November 2017. They are in no particular order.

Starting with Newcastle Transports Volvo B12BLE CB60 EVO 2 Rego 2078 ST (Ex State Transit and it was the old ST Christmas bus) and and NT's only BCI Proma LF rego M/O 5489

2731 ST Volvo B7RLE Bustech VST (With Driver taking a nap) and 2140 ST still with the old Transport buses logo in June 2017: Volvo B12BLE CB60 EVO 2 (Both Ex State Transit)

Ah next up is Newcastle Transports BCI Citirider 12 (Rego M/O 5491) operating the 110 shuttle run back to Newcastle Interchange.

Newcastle's Famous Tram follows Newcastle Transport's Volvo B7RLE VST 2745 ST

Newcastle Transport Volvo B10BLE APG Orana (Rego M/O 3876, Still on Sydney 2000 Olympic plates) Ex-State Transit Bus.

And to finish up with today's mini gallery Newcastle Transport's M/O 1421 Volvo B12BLE euro 3 CB60 is seen operating a 363 to Warners Bay.

Thank you for taking a moment to view my mini gallery. Hopefully you enjoyed the pictures I've posted and don't worry, I still have more to come of Newcastle Transport but that will be for another time.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Some Newcastle Transport photos taken over June and Nove

Post by Swift »

I absolutely loathe that stupid Newcastle Transport
sticker they slapped on nearly all their buses overnight. Was that really needed on a contract operation?
How is State Transit's Oranas able to be kept up there?
Thank goodness these very good vehicles didn't all get transferred only for this newcomer from the corporate world to get their slimy claws on them all.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Eh I don't mind it as such. My favourite logo was the old STA one with the loop not sure if It had a name?
Swift wrote: How is State Transit's Oranas able to be kept up there?
Thank goodness these very good vehicles didn't all get transferred only for this newcomer from the corporate world to get their slimy claws on them all.
No idea how the Oranas are able to be kept up here. If they intended to get rid of them before Keolis Downer took over then we wouldn't of gotten Randwicks Scania L113CRL Orana. (As in retiring all the Oranas from the fleet) I think Newcastles EX State Transit depot is the only remaining depot to have the MAN Midis. Can't seem to see any listings for them with the other STA Depots.

I wonder If Newcastle Transport plans to retire the Oranas. Those and the 3(?)Remaining Volvo B10B's are the oldest in the Newcastle fleet.

Here's the thing tho. Since KD have taken over I've seen some buses come out less and less. The 2 Mercedes Oranas M/O 3505 and m/o 3506 I haven't seen for the entire year now. I've only seen one CC 238 Volvo this year and I missed my chance to get a photo of it and I'm yet to see the recent Scania L113CRL make an appearance.

Anyway thanks for dropping by and viewing my Mini bus photo gallery :)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Eh I don't mind it as such. My favourite logo was the old STA one with the loop not sure if It had a name?
Newcastle Buses was the name it went by. Often the name would stick around on buses transferred down south.
What I mainly hate about the tacked on signs is the comfort of seeing the same buses serving so far away from Sydney has been abruptly taken away by this move.
It almost feels like an occupation from an invading country. It's like KD are determined to let everyone know that the new boys are running the show, even though it isn't as clear cut as that.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Transport: Buses
Favourite Vehicle: Bustech VST on Scania K280UB

Post by Transport: Buses »

Swift wrote:I absolutely loathe that stupid Newcastle Transport
sticker they slapped on nearly all their buses overnight. Was that really needed on a contract operation?
Hear hear!!

It seems to be the government's fault, though. "Newcastle Transport" seems to be yet another useless branding effort by the government (http://revitalisingnewcastle.nsw.gov.au ... transport/). The new operator is called Keolis Downer
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

But the same applies to many operators eg Hillsbus is owned by CDC same as Blue Mountains Transit so not unique to Newcastle Transport.
And I believe region 6 will a name including Western Sydney or similar irrespective of owner.
Sydney Ferries is also owned by a Transdev consortium and so on.

And as far as the "contractor" comment is concerned, every region is now under contract with the name of the operator shown on the buses, so again Newcastle is no different to other regions.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Photos - Sydney/NSW”