LEYLAND WORLDMASTER VIN LOCATION

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Trevor 062
Favourite Vehicle: SUSSEX INLET SB50 HCL

LEYLAND WORLDMASTER VIN LOCATION

Post by Trevor 062 »

As title suggests, can anyone help to find VIN located on the chassis for Leyland Worldmaster, this has come up on a FB page.. Cheers Trevor
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: LEYLAND WORLDMASTER VIN LOCATION

Post by boronia »

It won't have a VIN, just a chassis number which is usually stamped into the chassis rail near the n/s/f spring hangers. Might be hidden under paint.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
zindello

Post by zindello »

This on my behalf Trevor? :)

I'm led to believe that she started life as a Leopard, well, the front half anyway.
Trevor 062
Favourite Vehicle: SUSSEX INLET SB50 HCL

Post by Trevor 062 »

Yes Zindelo,
I'm not surprised what it started out in life as, I've seen his modified chassis's with GM engines fitted, so as per Boronia's post look for chassis number at the Near Side Front spring hanger...
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What happened to the photo I was looking at a few minutes ago?

From the fleet lists it could be
m/o 7255 Leyland Leopard PSU3/2R L64286 Custom Coaches 87-221 15/1/88 RC57F
Rebody ex UTA 3571 (PMC body) - chassis extended with ex UTA Worldmaster 3366.
Sold to the Church of Scientology as YZJ 151 - Repowered with a Leyland TL11 engine and rereg AI35NT.
where L64286 could have been part of the original chassis number which was ex UTA 3571
I dont have the chassis number of the Worldmaster of ex UTA Worldmaster 3366 which was used to extend it.
Living in the Shire.
zindello

Post by zindello »

I know what the chassis number is.

It's L64286PSU32R She is ex M/O 7255, last rego was BM 33 ZK (Feel free to update the Fleet List as now in private hands for a moho conversion, in Kandos)

The problem I'm having is the physical location on the chassis. I've crawled all over underneath it and can't find it, and I'm hoping on the longshot that somebody here might have worked on the bus and can point me in the right direction of where it is.

Here's a photo of the old girl.

zindello

Post by zindello »

Trevor 062 wrote:Yes Zindelo,
I'm not surprised what it started out in life as, I've seen his modified chassis's with GM engines fitted, so as per Boronia's post look for chassis number at the Near Side Front spring hanger...
She's on airbags, at least two each side in the rear, and I think two each side at the front too, with independent height control valves.
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

Go to a tool shop, buy a set of punches, and I am sure I don't have to tell you the rest.........................

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”