GM PD4107

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Benno

Re: GM PD4107

Post by Benno »

God day shagger, I have owned a PD4107 for the last 13 years, after spending some dollars when I bought her it has never let me down, mine is a 4 speed manual boxed coach and although cruces a bit after time you get used to how they operate, reverse is not as hard to get when set up right, my coach has been my home for this time and I tow a 7.5 metre trailer with car and tinnie inside, also set up as workshop and garage for boat when parked up, I realistically ony covered around 40,000 km in those 13 years,regrettably I have now put her on the market as I have just bought a house and drove it down from Darwin to the Hervey Bay region, I can tell you now that I will miss the old girl greatly as has been a joy to own, can sit for a year or 2 and she just fires up and motors off don the road, mine is also on 11.25 tyres not the 10,00 that were standard back then so is geared up a tad, I have run it to 130kph and she loved getting the run, no trailer when this was done, it really likes to run at 2000rpm and a bit above and fuel economy is very good for the size and weight, with trailer I seem to always get around 3- 3.3 k/ litre when considering that a land cruiser with caravan only return around 6-8 km / litre and I run around 18 ton all up with water tanks full, some of the grey nomads get a shock when I tell them of the economy, I am trying to find an auto trans for it only to make resale a bit easier but anybody with crash gearbox exp will have no trouble, bit different with the oil bath multi plate clutch, warm her up and get air in the bags I turn off motor, engage first and start engine again, only when cold, after about an hr of running and gearbox warmed up have no trouble engaging first. You will love it, get up to speed take foot off throttle and you are in an airplane, just wind noise, enjoy your time with a legend. By the way my VIN is PD41071025. Cheers. I would like to post you a photo but do not know how
Nomadicfrog

Post by Nomadicfrog »

Hi I'm new here Glenn I supposed to be my name seldom called it go by Frog or Froggy .
I recently bought a PD4107 as well . What a fun thing to drive . Did years interstate express the old girl puts a I've driven over the years to shame when it comes to driving pleasure like a go-cart on steroids. I'm having trouble with Vin Number I thought it would be catch number accoetk RMS the old girl doesn't exist . It's been registered in Australia since early 70s . My coach Number is P4107 1031. I'm looking for somewhere to get spares from as well . My one I the 4 speed manual still has 871 N . Contemplating a repower possibly a Silver 6V92T or derated Silver 8V92 T . Mainly for fuel economy and the 92 is a far better and reliable motor to the 71 . From past experience on road and workshop days .
Cheers
Stay upright
Froggy (Glenn)
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Nomadicfrog wrote:Hi I'm new here Glenn I supposed to be my name seldom called it go by Frog or Froggy .
I recently bought a PD4107 as well . What a fun thing to drive . Did years interstate express the old girl puts a I've driven over the years to shame when it comes to driving pleasure like a go-cart on steroids. I'm having trouble with Vin Number I thought it would be catch number accoetk RMS the old girl doesn't exist . It's been registered in Australia since early 70s . My coach Number is P4107 1031. I'm looking for somewhere to get spares from as well . My one I the 4 speed manual still has 871 N . Contemplating a repower possibly a Silver 6V92T or derated Silver 8V92 T . Mainly for fuel economy and the 92 is a far better and reliable motor to the 71 . From past experience on road and workshop days .
Cheers
Stay upright
Froggy (Glenn)
we need some pic's please.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

There are a few clubs and internet groups dedicated to GM buses in the USA.

Facebook and google would be a good place to start. Videos on youtube too.

Haven't driven one for over 30 years, and haven't found anything since that has given me the same driving pleasure. Good luck with yours.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”