Private Observations - September 2017

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Campbelltown busboy

Re: Private Observations - September 2017

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Curious but is it common for busses from other Depots to operate another Depots route?

Yesterday I spotted a Hunter Valley bus (7599 MO mind you) at Greenhills that had come all the way from Singleton (It's a Singleton CDC Bus, not Thornton). I'd assume it had just finished the 180 run from Singleton as the last stop is outside the NRMA or NAB Bank (Actually called the Hit & Dip bus stop). The Driver changed the destination board and up came "187, Woodlands Estate Via Metford".

I'm curious that's all? Usually at this time of the afternoon when ever I've been at Greenhills it's always a Thornton bus that operates it. I've Never seen a Singleton bus operate 187 before or a Thornton Depot route. Maybe this is more common then what I think it is?
STA does this with routes 525 and 545 Burwood helps Ryde out on the 525 and Willoughby helps Ryde out on the 545 and Transdev shares Revesby routes 922-926 between Revesby and South Granville
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

STA does a lot more than that - far too many for me to mention them all.
And the same with Transdev where virtually all routes in the western part of the Shire are shared between Menai and Taren Point and routes further north between Kingsgrove and Taren Point,
Menai also does some 922-926 trips.
And all the Metrobus routes both with STA and Transdev (and probably also Hillsbus) are shared between depots.
And that is only scratching the surface.
Living in the Shire.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Fleet Lists wrote: And all the Metrobus routes both with STA and Transdev (and probably also Hillsbus) are shared between depots.
In regards to the Transdev depots running their Metrobus routes, all but one are shared. From what I've seen, the M90 is run only by Bankstown Airport, thus being the only Metrobus route with CB60 Evo II B7RLEs. The M91 and M92 (as you'd already know) are definitely shared.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

With Hillsbus the Parramatta to Blacktown routes 700,705,706,711 and North West T way routes T60-T66 are shared between Northmead and Seven Hills and the 625 is shared between Dural and Northmead
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Apart from depots sharing runs, operators will often loan buses from one depot/region to another to cover shortages. CDC Hunter vehicles have been seen operating in Sydney at various times. From the original comments, this appears to have happened.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
ScaniaGrenda wrote:Curious but is it common for busses from other Depots to operate another Depots route?

Yesterday I spotted a Hunter Valley bus (7599 MO mind you) at Greenhills that had come all the way from Singleton (It's a Singleton CDC Bus, not Thornton). I'd assume it had just finished the 180 run from Singleton as the last stop is outside the NRMA or NAB Bank (Actually called the Hit & Dip bus stop). The Driver changed the destination board and up came "187, Woodlands Estate Via Metford".

I'm curious that's all? Usually at this time of the afternoon when ever I've been at Greenhills it's always a Thornton bus that operates it. I've Never seen a Singleton bus operate 187 before or a Thornton Depot route. Maybe this is more common then what I think it is?
STA does this with routes 525 and 545 Burwood helps Ryde out on the 525 and Willoughby helps Ryde out on the 545 and Transdev shares Revesby routes 922-926 between Revesby and South Granville
I’ve seen M codeshare a couple of Epping Road services with Y, e.g. routes 288, 290, 291 & 292.
From what I’ve heard, the new route 530 probably is codeshared between M, L and B (maybe Y?) as it is a cross-regional route.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Another one from my recent visit to Canberra
Lodge, Culcairn 8380 MO is another Scania K310 with vin ending in 1685. Did not record fleet number
Attachments
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG (111.37 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”