STA Observations - September 2017

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Jurassic_Joke

Re: STA Observations - September 2017

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Okay im so very pleased we seem to be moving away from Bustechs for new deliveries!! I welcome the new deliveries given the 2017 Volvo CB80's, was really pleased with them. It would be nice to see the variety in some areas at nightime increase a little bit and move away from a Bustech-only zone.

I can't really predict where the new buses are going.

But for next time. Hmmm. If I had a choice, I'd order some Volgren standard buses, like the ones you see operating up in Newcastle. Haven't had any new ones for quite a while at STA.
Frosty wrote:
Did notice 1313 has just been repainted into corportate v2 and is carrying Port Botany accreditation. .
I think that could be a possible indicator that the rest of the fleet will indeed be retired not too long off from now. Or, e.g., this idea of "trial failed". I didn't think it looked that bad in TfNSW livery, especially compared to some others (looking at you, Ansair Orana)
Stu

Post by Stu »

De-commissioned 3704 from R at K undergoing an inspection - no rego plates.
The King of Buses
Favourite Vehicle: ACTION Renault PR100.2 BUS967

Post by The King of Buses »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:I think that could be a possible indicator that the rest of the fleet will indeed be retired not too long off from now. Or, e.g., this idea of "trial failed". I didn't think it looked that bad in TfNSW livery, especially compared to some others (looking at you, Ansair Orana)
Isn't 1213 the O405NH in TfNSW livery? Not 1313?
“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.” - The Doctor
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Stu wrote:De-commissioned 3704 from R at K undergoing an inspection - no rego plates.
Do you mean from a prospective buyer?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

The King of Buses wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:I think that could be a possible indicator that the rest of the fleet will indeed be retired not too long off from now. Or, e.g., this idea of "trial failed". I didn't think it looked that bad in TfNSW livery, especially compared to some others (looking at you, Ansair Orana)
That is correct.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Fleet Lists wrote:
The King of Buses wrote:
That is correct.
And it still was this morning
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Alric

Post by Alric »

Isn't 1213 the O405NH in TfNSW livery? Not 1313?[/quote]
That is correct.[/quote]
And it still was this morning[/quote]
As was 1313 from W still in Mk1 Livery when I saw it this afternoon.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

If it is wrong I do take it back may have mistaken for another gassie that may been painted into V2 it seem to have the fleet number 1313 did notice while I was on run so maybe not the most accurate time.

Though I do notice I trend a lot of the rears of the Euro 5 Volvo B12s have had the rear repainted and/or currently not carrying rear advertising. Looks cleaner.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Swift wrote:
Stu wrote:De-commissioned 3704 from R at K undergoing an inspection - no rego plates.
Do you mean from a prospective buyer?
No, sorry I meant mechanical inspection :oops:
Stu

Post by Stu »

Frosty wrote:If it is wrong I do take it back may have mistaken for another gassie that may been painted into V2 it seem to have the fleet number 1313 did notice while I was on run so maybe not the most accurate time.

Though I do notice I trend a lot of the rears of the Euro 5 Volvo B12s have had the rear repainted and/or currently not carrying rear advertising. Looks cleaner.
1872 from R was repainted (same v2 livery) in early August and it looks like when it was brand new to K back in its rookie year.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Was waiting for a "service " on Sadsack Pde, Maroubra when the bus I "wanted" was in the outside lane attempting to overtake a car. Hmmm this is interesting , I thought. I signalled this "driver", wondering whether I was going to be able get this service I had been waiting 15 minutes for. He had to dive two lanes and overshot the stop with his ar$e over hanging the next lane.
Utterly unprofessional conduct. I gave a sarcastic thanks as I boarded. He seemed very angry when I looked at him.
What is this guy's problem? So much for State Transient's selection process.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Swift wrote:Was waiting for a "service " on Sadsack Pde, Maroubra when the bus I "wanted" was in the outside lane attempting to overtake a car. Hmmm this is interesting , I thought. I signalled this "driver", wondering whether I was going to be able get this service I had been waiting 15 minutes for. He had to dive two lanes and overshot the stop with his ar$e over hanging the next lane.
Utterly unprofessional conduct. I gave a sarcastic thanks as I boarded. He seemed very angry when I looked at him.
He was just inconvenienced by having to stop to pick up a passenger. What's your problem? Please drive your car next time and don't inconvenience the transit operator. :wink:
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Swift wrote:Was waiting for a "service " on Sadsack Pde, Maroubra when the bus I "wanted" was in the outside lane attempting to overtake a car. Hmmm this is interesting , I thought. I signalled this "driver", wondering whether I was going to be able get this service I had been waiting 15 minutes for. He had to dive two lanes and overshot the stop with his ar$e over hanging the next lane.
Download Feedback2go in iOS or report him here, https://transportnsw.info/contact-us/fe ... s-feedback, that is quite rude on his part. Sounds to me like he was putting getting to the end of his shift above serving customers.

They'll investigate + get back to you over the phone or email with a sincere response/apology.

If you aren't up to doing your job that you were hired for, step down and give it to someone else that actually needs it and/or will do it with some passion/desire to do the role.
boronia

Post by boronia »

tonyp wrote: He was just inconvenienced by having to stop to pick up a passenger. What's your problem? Please drive your car next time and don't inconvenience the transit operator. :wink:
Or catch a cab. They have such nice drivers :lol: :lol:
@ The Museum of Fire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^Lucky for him, I didn't have to. :x At least he did stop.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Catching a Maroubra bound bus on Anzac Pde at the Robertson Rd stop is similarly entertaining. Drivers are usually out in lane 2 to avoid the tail of stationary Alison Rd bound traffic. :evil:
@ The Museum of Fire.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Anzac Parade with the never ending changes I do see drivers cut across lanes even more now. I had time at the southbound Anzac & Cleveland St stop driver just totally ignored me managed to sprint Robertson Rd and beat the bus to it he didn't seem pleased.

There is another tactic I've seen drivers engage in at Elizabeth St southbound turning right into Bourke St I've seen bus drivers use the left lane to turn right to avoid the long tailback. I've seen on Oxford St eastbound towards BJ drivers cut from lane 4 to lane 1 for the bus stop opposite Centennial Park.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Frosty wrote:Anzac Parade with the never ending changes I do see drivers cut across lanes even more now. I had time at the southbound Anzac & Cleveland St stop driver just totally ignored me managed to sprint Robertson Rd and beat the bus to it he didn't seem pleased.
Oh waaaah waaaaah he was displeased was he? Well, I can only imagine how displeased you must have been!! :roll:
Stu

Post by Stu »

2557 from R to K. I wonder if this is anything to do with the rumoured potential delivery of new Scanias?
hornetfig

Post by hornetfig »

Frosty wrote: I've seen on Oxford St eastbound towards BJ drivers cut from lane 4 to lane 1 for the bus stop opposite Centennial Park.
That should be only something that could affect route 355. But the stop was deleted from 355 for that reason.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Maybe its a case of bus drivers thinking nobody would want to get on/off at that stop and then want to get into the right lane for the right turn at the traffic lights.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

STA Observations - September 2017

Post by Richard290 »

Found this notice on NextThere about tonight’s late night Saturday services in dealing with the daylight savings change tonight with the protocol for the arrangement of the operation of overnight transport services.Image
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What does this have to with STA? Not an STA service listed.
And it is a lot of rubbish. None of the services listed operated overnight with 54 a school service, 2 an Olympic Park service which will operate later today and so on.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”