Richmond Vale Railway

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Richmond Vale Railway

Post by boronia »

Sad to see on the news just now that the Richmond Vale Railway Museum has suffered extensive damage in the current bushfires in the area.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Re: Richmond Vale Railway

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

There's photos in the tweet below from the Richmond Vale Railway Museum from the Herald's Brodie Owen. Normally I'd post the full photos here but there too big & I'm not really in the mood to go downsizing them now but it's in the posted tweet below anyway.

https://twitter.com/Brodie_Owen/status/ ... 5286510592

Devastating News of course :(
Last edited by ScaniaGrenda on Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

It's a shame to see heritage rolling stock be destroyed by fire.
Last edited by Ben_Daui on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

A guy set fire to a car which lead to this devastating loss. I can't imagine the pain going through the members. A shame I had to learn of this museum's existence this way.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Swift wrote:A guy set fire to a car which lead to this devastating loss. I can't imagine the pain going through the members. A shame I had to learn of this museum's existence this way.
Knowing our justice system the person(s) responsible for this will only be giving the ol slap on the wrist & told to be free or only put on a good behaviour bond. Even more devastating I've just picked up on the fact now it was vandals behind this :/

I hope their caught. This is something you can't bring back. I wonder how they'd like it if someone went through their own family history collection of items and destroyed it.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

The Richmond vale museums own facebook site is saying it was an RFS back burn which went wrong due to a wind change.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

A "back burn" is usually an attempt to stop/contain an existing fire. in this case the original outbreak may still have spread to the site.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Bloody frustrating, whoever is responsible, but you do hope it isn't the deliberate act of vandals!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

when I lived at pelaw main just before every school holidays a scrub fire would start & the local council would never clear the land close to that museun & they owned it!the homes on the edge of town have nearlly gone up many times the people get caught get a slap on the wrist their parents house should be sold to pay for the damage caused the ferrals who live there wouldn't work even with free oxygen 3 gererations have never worked a day in their lives & they will tell you the govt OWES them a living! :twisted: :evil: :roll: :shock: what with zig zag/ richmond rail /canberra being sold there will be NO railway museums left!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”