'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
swtt

Re: 'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Post by swtt »

moa999 wrote:Well the new Green T8 and light blue T2 means ait of these signs now need to get replaced.

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/system ... g-2017.pdf
Those signs are hardly permanent and can be reprinted at very little cost anyway

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

The extension of T2 to Parramatta defeats the purpose of utilising the Homebush turnback for terminating Inner West trains. Currently the six tracks reduce to four just west of Homebush. Also, I thought that Auburn, Clyde, and Harris Park would be skipped permanently by T1 trains and only served by T2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

T1 will likely serve those stations on the weekends, as the announcement says T2 to Parramatta is weekday only.
TheOpalUser

Post by TheOpalUser »

moa999 wrote:Well the new Green T8 and light blue T2 means ait of these signs now need to get replaced.

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/system ... g-2017.pdf
Presumably why a lot of the signage has been corflute :)
Posts and comments made here are my own personal opinions, and not on behalf of my employer.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Maybe they are waiting for this timetable/network change to roll out and then they'll add the more detailed platform signage more across the network at bigger stations. I'd give it the thumbs up!
swtt

Post by swtt »

I am suspecting in 2019 there will be a new T9 - Hornsby - Nth Sydney via Strathfield created again if they could do T8 today.
Richard290
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus

Post by Richard290 »

swtt wrote:I am suspecting in 2019 there will be a new T9 - Hornsby - Nth Sydney via Strathfield created again if they could do T8 today.
Definitely the return of the red Northern Line, like it should have been.
Living at the north end of the 513 & 535. and the confluence of 513, 535, 546, 549, 550, 553, 625 & 630.
simonl

Post by simonl »

^ Why should it have been?
Stu

Post by Stu »

In recent minutes months, stations along the T2 Airport line have had the standard orange hop signs signifying the station name. In more recent weeks, the remaining smaller signage has been installed. This includes signage for platforms, access, toilets ect. This is one example of the Liberal party going all out to remove any trace of public transport signage from the previous Labour government.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

Stu wrote:In recent minutes months, stations along the T2 Airport line have had the standard orange hop signs signifying the station name. In more recent weeks, the remaining smaller signage has been installed. This includes signage for platforms, access, toilets ect. This is one example of the Liberal party going all out to remove any trace of public transport signage from the previous Labour government.
There are still a couple of stations between Macarthur and Glenfield that have the white signs with the green line under the stations name those stations are Leumeah and Macquarie Fields
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Disagree about the political motive. If they were going all out, it would have all been done 3-4 years ago rather than as strung out as it has predictably ended up.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

Aurora wrote:Disagree about the political motive. If they were going all out, it would have all been done 3-4 years ago rather than as strung out as it has predictably ended up.
The trial went out in 2013. TfNSW made a decision to alter the original design which delayed the initial rollout, new programme came out in 2014 with from what I heard a 4-5 year rollout which seems fair given the number of assets
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

kypros1992 wrote:
Aurora wrote:Disagree about the political motive. If they were going all out, it would have all been done 3-4 years ago rather than as strung out as it has predictably ended up.
The trial went out in 2013. TfNSW made a decision to alter the original design which delayed the initial rollout, new programme came out in 2014 with from what I heard a 4-5 year rollout which seems fair given the number of assets
Point being if the motive was politics, they would have been a lot more aggressive in the rollout to erase the prior "Labor" brand.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

The section of TfNSW tasked with the roll out probably enjoys its work. No point in rushing things and making yourself redundant. Take long enough to hang in the for the next theme.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

In my mind though the 'M' branding that we look like getting for the Metro is political.

Non-political it would just be a T and line T9 (or T10 if they also rebrand the North Shore segment of T1)

Private operated buses are no different to STA, same three digit route number, (eventually) same livery.

The Metro is a train, just single deck, like much of the Sydney fleet was for many years, and driverless.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

If they could run a P.T.C era S set on it, you would have a strong case, but as it is autonomous from the rest of the network and is much more metro in flavour, I think they can get away with it.
M designation may lead to a push for expansion if it is a runaway success and works noticeably better than the "old" T network.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

boronia wrote:The section of TfNSW tasked with the roll out probably enjoys its work. No point in rushing things and making yourself redundant. Take long enough to hang in the for the next theme.
A lifetime position - who could object?
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Okay, looks like the hop has taken over the section between Glenfield and Merrylands...

Casula, Warwick Farm, Canley Vale, Yennora, Guildford and Merrylands have received the new signs over the last few weeks from what I can remember.
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ I wonder why it has taken so long for those stations to receive this dressing?
Are any stations in more affluent areas still waiting?
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Swift wrote:^ I wonder why it has taken so long for those stations to receive this dressing?
Because they voted Labor. Thats why. It's not like you'd want the refit though!!!

Anyways here I am at Gordon, here's your way finding. 2-3. 2 to 3 what? Chickens? Hours to get down the stairs? Just what? Where? Wheres the arrows? And look at all that wasted space next to the numbers. It is an absolute eyesore, glad Gordon isn't my home station.
IMG_8545.JPG
IMG_8545.JPG (73.46 KiB) Viewed 9886 times
Gordon before Gladys touched it - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... course.jpg - of course, infinitely better. (except for one possible oversight, Platform 1 isn't even in regular use I believe, 2 and 3 have the timetabled services.)
moa999

Post by moa999 »

And with a few ticketing relics visible as well.
Plat 1 certainly was used for a number of morning services.l that commenced at Gordon.
The regulars preferred these as they got a guaranteed seat
Swift

Post by Swift »

When did they cease Gordon starters? What do they do with this platform one now?
I presume 2 and 3 are the main ones. It has been years since I used Gordon, possibly decades.
I used to wag sport every Tuesday as a year tenner in 1989 and catch a Tangara from West Ryde to Gordon to relive memories riding ex Deane's Coaches buses, then being used by Hornsby Bus Group, on the Gordon station to Macquarie Centre route 568 and I do recall Gordon being a partial terminating station like Epping.
It sure beat tennis coaching!
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Gordon is still used as a terminating / starting station in the weekday the morning peak. Lindfield is no longer.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

andy_centralcoast wrote:Gordon is still used as a terminating / starting station in the weekday the morning peak. Lindfield is no longer.

Perhaps 'at the moment' needs to be added to that.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Richard290 wrote:
swtt wrote:I am suspecting in 2019 there will be a new T9 - Hornsby - Nth Sydney via Strathfield created again if they could do T8 today.
Definitely the return of the red Northern Line, like it should have been.
It still confuses me why they changed the Northern Line to yellow, the same colour as the Western Line and Blue Mountains Line. At least they left the Central Coast & Newcastle Line as red, but it's a bit inconsistent now.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”