Denning Landseer Motorhome

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
DLKnight

Denning Landseer Motorhome

Post by DLKnight »

Just for those interested i thought i'd post pics of our landseer that is embarking on it's first major trip in its new disguise, colac to quilpie so far and no dramas :D
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Denning Landseer Motorhome

Post by Fleet Lists »

No photos???
Living in the Shire.
DLKnight

Post by DLKnight »

trip1.jpg
trip1.jpg (205.24 KiB) Viewed 15028 times
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

Clean looking landseer , looks a late series one.
DLKnight

Post by DLKnight »

1992 model 692 ta six speed spicer , think it was originally tv1806 toronto bus service, regards darren
CCCC

Post by CCCC »

DLKnight wrote:1992 model 692 ta six speed spicer , think it was originally tv1806 toronto bus service, regards darren
I thought it looked familiar , Its my old girl , Drove it from new until 1996 when the B12 was introduced , there's a few shots on here in original TBS colours.

It had a nice spring loaded tight gear change , was well insulated so little engine noise and no one could pick up any gearbox crashes , was actually hard to
drive for some because you had to use tacho to change gears because was hard to hear engine revs.
Only thing wrong with it was the engine was a very slow revving engine.
One of the stainless skirts on door side bins should be a little shinier after replacement.(not my doing)

Enjoy.
DLKnight

Post by DLKnight »

Thanks for the support, when i bought it the tacho wasn't working, it was raining, and with demisters running i thought i may have bought an impossible challenge, starting to get it sorted now though, and love it, cheers
DLKnight

Post by DLKnight »

I've only set the tacho approximately where i think it should be, can you remember how many rpm this rig used to do at 100? i've set it at 1700 but not really sure where it should be regards darren
rustbucket

Post by rustbucket »

I think 1850 was around it at 100 kph ?
I have 2 tachos, one is the original tachograph that I spent a small fortune getting rebuilt, but they set it wrong, other is a VDO cockpit one but it changes with he weather can't rely on it either.
CCCC

Post by CCCC »

DLKnight wrote:I've only set the tacho approximately where i think it should be, can you remember how many rpm this rig used to do at 100? i've set it at 1700 but not really sure where it should be regards darren
To long ago to remember , It originally would not have had the opening tachograph would have just been fixed speedo and tacho next to it. so Im presuming now still has original tacho and tachograph ???

Not sure how Mackays treated her after she left TBS but it was sadly missed by all the drivers who got the chance to drive it.
Had tight body , little rattles and squeaks and great disc brakes.

More pics would be great.

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”