TO HONOUR THE BRISBANE BUS DRIVER!!!!!

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

TO HONOUR THE BRISBANE BUS DRIVER!!!!!

Post by captainch »

As a former Brisbane City Council tram motorman I would like to see the head of Brisbane City Council Transport Dept Rename the bus depot he was from after him what do others think much better than a bus stop which can be vandelized!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Re: TO HONOUR THE BRISBANE BUS DRIVER!!!!!

Post by moreton »

I think this proposal has been put forward to BCC, to date we have not heard about any details as yet. Regards Moreton :wink:
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?
ABS

Post by ABS »

I think it is a completely inappropriate idea that will serve as a constant reminder of what happened. We need to move on from traumatic experiences, not reinforce them.
^^__^^
Favourite Vehicle: S1989 - Live well poppin' tags

Post by ^^__^^ »

There are two memorials at Sherwood for the driver. A lovely wooden seat and a picture hung on the wall inside the depot. The depot has also scrapped the B7 involved and it is expected there will never again be a bus with the fleet number '1980'.
captainch

Post by captainch »

ABS wrote:I think it is a completely inappropriate idea that will serve as a constant reminder of what happened. We need to move on from traumatic experiences, not reinforce them.
................As a formermoter & ex viet-nam vetran according to you we may as well cancell ANZAC DAY! i FIND YOUR COMMENTS offensive!. get a life ! why did I go to war ..............I still get counciling for traumatic experiemces 50 years latter & ITS CALLED RESPECT WE MAY AS WELL PULL ALL WAR MEMORIALS DOWN!& kill anzac :evil: :twisted: day!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
captainch

Post by captainch »

ABS wrote:I think it is a completely inappropriate idea that will serve as a constant reminder of what happened. We need to move on from traumatic experiences, not reinforce them.
WELL AS A ex moterman who servered his country 50 years ago & has was truma why not kill off ANZAC DAY as it might offend some people! :evil:
^^__^^
Favourite Vehicle: S1989 - Live well poppin' tags

Post by ^^__^^ »

Whilst your passion regarding the memorial is commendable Captainch, there is a memorial in place. The drivers at Sherwood were all wounded by the event and I think that it is prudent to remember, which we have done but not dwell, on the event. The main thing to do now is to ensure it doesn't happen again. I also think it is a step to far to suggest that war memorials should be torn down. You are trying to correlate between two completely separate incidents. Both horrific and both to be remembered in their own way.
moreton
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo and Ford
Location: *Never have to wait behind a Taxi doing an EFTPOS transation in Brisbane.

Post by moreton »

Memorial Service at Moorooka this Sunday, April 23

Manmeet's parents are visiting Brisbane for a few weeks. There will be a service at the Moorooka site this Sunday from 10-11am. They have brought a statue from India to place there as a memorial. Drivers are most welcome, so get the word around.
It's been almost six months since our fellow driver Manmeet Sharma was murdered in Moorooka but the shock and anger felt by his fellow drivers across Brisbane remains. Losing a friend and co-worker is always difficult, but the violence of the attack on Manmeet is something that's impossible to come to terms with.

Over the next few weeks there will be several opportunities for Drivers to gather and remember Manmeet, and also get involved in the ongoing fight to get safer working conditions for drivers.
I would also like to thank all the fellow bus drivers, past present and future for the continued support for getting bus driver safety improved for all drivers all over the world. Thank you for all the donations to the Manmeet Fund also. Moreton.
Never again have to wait in a Q,in Queen Street ?

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”