Desto board Alcatel Renault pr180.2

Canberra / ACT Transport Discussion - Where the ACTION is

Moderator: Busnerd

wisbydriverB40
Favourite Vehicle: 1993 Hino CG277K

Desto board Alcatel Renault pr180.2

Post by wisbydriverB40 »

Hi there action peoples!

Just wondering if anyone has the input numbers in a list of all the destinations stored on the Renault Mack flip dot boards with Alcatel input board? I work for Wisbys Buses which has purchased ex action artics 701,710,984,986 & 987 and we would like to know what are the numbers to get, Charter, Out of Service and also how to leave it blank, we have worked out how to get the sign to say School Bus by entering 999 into the system but we cannot work out the rest without going through all of them which needless to say would take a fair chunk of time to do :)

If anyone can help it would be appreciated very much :)

Cheers
The King of Buses
Favourite Vehicle: ACTION Renault PR100.2 BUS967

Re: Desto board Alcatel Renault pr180.2

Post by The King of Buses »

Hi there!

Well, to get any of those destos on ex 701 or 710 I suggest you use the rollers by pressing the up down switch then toggle through the different rolls using the sideways switch. :lol:

As for the Alcatel destos in ex 984, 986 and 987, try the following...

Press "Enter", Clear previous entry in "A" using "Clr" (if applicable), insert route number as "110", press "enter", clear previous entry in "B" using "Clr" (if applicable), insert route number as "110", press "enter".

This is the standard numberless desto code.

If you press enter twice more (leaving the trip code as "0" or "000"), you should (I think) get "Not in Service". If you enter other numbers between 1 and 10, you'll end up with (in some order, I can't remember specifically) a numberless "School Bus", "Special", Chartered" or "On Hire from ACTION Buses" desto.

To get a numbered version of "school bus", you do the standard numberless code, then you insert the number you want for the school run (e.g. 500). Then press enter. If you press enter twice, "A" will be the numbered code and "B" will be an unnumbered standard "not in service" desto. If you press enter once, you can set "B" as a second numbered desto - to do this, you do the same as you would for programming "A".

That should get the destos you need without programming new ones.

If you wanted to play around, there are 4 digit codes you can insert in the "numberless code" section which get all sorts of destos, but I'm not even sure where to start with those. Just stick with using 110 for now for in service destos.

If you wanted any old Canberra destos to put up for fun, insert a different number where you put "110" at the very start (in "A") and press enter, then enter a number in "B" (maybe keep 110 there) and press enter, then press enter twice more, and press 1, 2, 3, etc to scroll through different destinations for different routes (no need to press enter). E.g. If you enter "333" as route, then press 1, it might be "Belconnen", 2 might be "Tuggeranong", 3 might be "Woden, etc.

Have fun and I hope that helps (and makes sense!).

If you have any further questions, I can try help!

KoB

P.S. It may be obvious to me, but in case it isn't to you, if you've preprogrammed two destos ("A" and "B"), pressing "A" or "B" (but not enter) will change to the other preset desto. :D

P.P.S. The funny thing is, I learnt how to use this type of desto on ex 986!
“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.” - The Doctor
wisbydriverB40

Post by wisbydriverB40 »

Hi KoB

Thank you very much for that info :)

I will have a play tomorrow when I'm back at work as I'm driving 986 for the rest of the week :)

I have had a play with destos on the mk1's and on a few occasions have had "on hire from action" up just for fun :lol:

I have entered 000 once or twice and it comes up with "cemetery call police" obviously haven't had that up when driving around on a school run but I did have it going when the last photo was taken by a couple of enthusiasts down here

I noticed that 986 seems to go a lot better than the other artics and is a lot quicker off the mark too (might have something to do with the highly sensitive accelerator pedal :lol: )

I will have a play with the destos more and let you know if I have any more questions but thank you heaps for the info, I really appreciate it and I know our other drivers will to when we are out doing other jobs other than school runs.

Cheers
WisbyDriverB40
The King of Buses

No problems. :)

I believe it might have been you (or another driver at Wisby's) that I've already discussed ex-986's sort of "superiority" in some ways over the other Renault artics you have on a video of 986's final "in service" trip with ACTION which I posted on youtube, haha.

Glad to know that "On Hire from ACTION" is used occasionally still just for fun!

Not sure what the "Cemetery Call Police" desto is about under 000, but only because of the cemetery bit. If it was just "000 Call Police" that'd make sense as I'm fairly certain that used to be somewhere in the Canberra desto files (not sure if the it ever was the same in these artics, though) which could be put up in conjunction with the activation of the duress button. :?

Cemetery should be in their own its own still too though haha - might only appear as a 4 digit code these days, but there is a chance it could be still in their under one of the options for route 48. :lol:
“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.” - The Doctor
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Usually, the wording is EMERGENCY - CALL POLICE.

In STA Sydney I believe this could be activated by an emergency button on the floor of some buses.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
wisbydriverB40

Post by wisbydriverB40 »

Yeah that would be me in regards to the video of 986 :lol:
She certainly is a far superior artic compared to our other macks :)

Yeah we thought it was bit odd but it definitely scrolls through "cemetery" then "call police"

I haven't seen what metro tas have on their buses in regards to that desto but I believe they only have duress button, maybe Tasbusnut could answer that one for us :D

Thanks again guys for your help, I'll let you all know how I get along :)

P.s I thought I might also let you know that on 987 I found the desto "kangaroos" we weren't too sure what that was about but it did come in handy when we did the charter for the football game between north Melbourne and Richmond at Bellerive oval :lol:
The King of Buses

boronia wrote:Usually, the wording is EMERGENCY - CALL POLICE.

In STA Sydney I believe this could be activated by an emergency button on the floor of some buses.
Not sure if this happens on the Alcatel destos, but I believe it does do this for the rest of the fleet. There is a manual input code for something along those lines though. Not sure why the version they've gotten so far mentions "Cemetery" though. :?
wisbydriverB40 wrote:I thought I might also let you know that on 987 I found the desto "kangaroos" we weren't too sure what that was about but it did come in handy when we did the charter for the football game between north Melbourne and Richmond at Bellerive oval :lol:
Never found that desto before! Would love to know what code that is and/or see some photos (in case ACTION decide to withdraw or upgrade the 4 remaining buses fitted with these destos). That said, there is likely to be some "special event destos" in the file, so it could be one of those - try some other numbers within the 990 - 999 range and you might find things like "ANZAC Shuttle", "Manuka Oval", "Canberra Stadium", or "Raiders Shuttle".

And another fun thing you might find useful - if you look under routes 200, 80, 980, 39 or 84, you might find "Kingston". :D
ZIB-585
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O305G

Post by ZIB-585 »

Yes, Kangaroos should be one of the special event destos. In the days before GWS, North Melbourne played a few games at Manuka Oval.

There is a code to display a blank screen, but the simplest way is to just press enter and then not enter any code - that will blank out the displays. If, however, you want a blank display with a route number, you'll have to find the right code.

(ACTION now only have 6 buses remaining in service with the Alcatel flip dots.)
Fully accredited Hino Poncho driver.

Return to “Discussion - Canberra / ACT”