MAN SL200

Canberra / ACT Transport Discussion - Where the ACTION is

Moderator: Busnerd

Transperthpaperbus

MAN SL200

Post by Transperthpaperbus »

I work for a company called Transwest and have noticed that we have a couple of MAN SL200's which I believe are ex. Canberra ones.
The chassis numbers are 294 0124 0124 and the one is 292 0126 0126 can anybody please tell me what their former Canberra numbers are.
Looking to getting more Transperth bus, train and ferry models made up through Transit Graphics.
Currently driving for The Transporter & Buswest Wangara.
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Re: MAN SL200

Post by Sir Pompously »

Sadly, you may find it hard to find that information as there is no disposals fleet list covering the MAN SL200 fleet. http://actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?t ... _Disposals is a wealth of information, and is currently under construction. http://actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.php?t ... :MAN_SL200 is a list of all former SL200's in Canberran service. There are no body numbers, sadly.
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Buscarl - whilst they may look like Canberra ones they are not. They are actually fully imported ones with Goppell bodies built in 1976 which were in the Westbus fleet in Sydney as m/o 580 (0124) and m/o 271 (0126). Prior to that they were with Toongabbie buses also in Sydney (taken over by Westbus)who had bought them new ex MAN stock.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
MAN_LOVER

Post by MAN_LOVER »

An extensive disposal list of ACTION buses was done by me many many years ago which saw alot of incorrect info from various publications and reports all sorted out etc, but it seems that has long gone. That's the thanks you get at times, some just stuff things up! Even i cant check my own records anymore :roll:
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

MAN_LOVER wrote:An extensive disposal list of ACTION buses was done by me many many years ago which saw alot of incorrect info from various publications and reports all sorted out etc, but it seems that has long gone. That's the thanks you get at times, some just stuff things up! Even i cant check my own records anymore :roll:
The ACT Bus Disposal List features VINs, body numbers and body dates for the majority of vehicles dating back to the 1950s: http://www.actbus.net/fleetwiki/index.p ... _Disposals

Clicking the linked registration number for a given vehicle will provide an image (where available) as well as further detail on where the bus has been since leaving ACTION
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
MAN_LOVER

Post by MAN_LOVER »

While linking body and chassis details is good, the rest of the info is very incomplete when compared to the disposal lists i made years ago.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I still have the source of the old Man_Lover lists. If the people currently doing the newer version, would like a copy of them, I would be happy to oblige.
Living in the Shire.
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

MAN SL200

Post by Ryan »

I'd be happy to have a look at those and incorporate any missing data, provided "man_lover" has no objections.

website@actbus.net is the best address to send them to.
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
MAN_LOVER

Post by MAN_LOVER »

do what's need.... it's a shame the ACT side of things have moved away from Bus Australia....
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Post by Sir Pompously »

I don't think it is much of a shame, simply because us ACT Gunzels can now try and provide a more detailed picture into the history of bus services in the ACT as a whole, something which is not as possible on Bus Australia. As we do not have any organisations like the HCVA and Bus Museum active in the ACT, it is up to our small group (And RATEC) to maintain information regarding the history of our bus service! Another thing is it removes all the stuff that other enthusiasts seem as useless to what they want to know to a site that people have to search for or a site people are looking for because they are interested in the information. The site tries to work in conjunction with Bus Australia, and we are pretty good in that regard.

We thank anyone for any information they can provide to us to help our little site expand, and if you have any more information that we don't have and you are happy for us to use, please let us know! Nothing is too small, infact some things small can certainly be the most interesting tidbits of information!
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club

Return to “Discussion - Canberra / ACT”