Question re extension of Route 28

Canberra / ACT Transport Discussion - Where the ACTION is

Moderator: Busnerd

Project6029

Question re extension of Route 28

Post by Project6029 »

Hi all,

Lucky me who has got a job at Brindabella Business Park is looking at taking advantage of the 'new services' out this way to get to and from work. - Not great if you are coming from Weston Creek or Woden areas...

The question that I have, however, is based on the fact that I dont want to commit to getting a month's worth of tickets for the park-n-ride at Woden, I would like to park in the back streets of Lyon for free and get the 28 to take me to work.

Can anyone tell me that after the three morning services depart the Woden Interchange on their way to Campbell/BBP, does the bus stop again on Launceston Street (I believe outside IP Australia), or again, on the stop on Melrose Drive just north of Launceston Street prior to fanging it up Adelaide Avenue on the 'intertown route'?

If they do, then it would save me having to get on at say the Lyons Shops and having a pointless travel into Woden Interchange and back out again (also consuming another 10 minutes for no reason)...

Any info you could provide would be greatly received.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Cheers,

M
Busnerd

Re: Question re extension of Route 28

Post by Busnerd »

Well if you live along the 28 route then thats great news as the 28 will take you to work and back all week.

Either way, if you live around woden theres a few cheap ways, just buy a weekly $24.60 or monthly $82 bus ticket.

* Get your local bus to woden and get the 28 from there
* Get a bus to woden, then to the city and get the 10 which operates during the days but not during peak hour
* Get a bus to woden, then to the city and get the 737 which operates from city interchange to brindabella park
* Get a bus to woden, then to tuggeranong and then get the 786 which operates to brindabella park also

Or pay like $15 a day to catch deanes.
www.actbus.net | Get On Board

Return to “Discussion - Canberra / ACT”