Page 13 of 16

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:52 am
by shinjiman
Seen 2428, 2429, 2439, 2443 and 2571 did the Diwali Mela tonight.

Image

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 am
by Fleet Lists
TP1462 wrote:https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-news/1910/transit-systems-perth-bus-contracts-renewed-expanded

After weeks and months of speculation it’s been officially announced on the ASX today by Transit Systems (SEALINK) operating as Swan Transit have retained all their existing Marmion contracts and picked up Joondalup. Swan Transit will have over 800 buses in their fleet and 16 depots


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also see https://www.transitsystems.com.au/news/ ... s-in-perth

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:30 pm
by Bus-1809
Squiddy wrote:2572 is at CV, been running full circles all day


I believe 2571 and 2573 have also moved south. Will confirm where they are with one of my associates.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:02 pm
by Squiddy
Bus-1809 wrote:
Squiddy wrote:2572 is at CV, been running full circles all day


I believe 2571 and 2573 have also moved south. Will confirm where they are with one of my associates.


I have 2571 at Karrinyup and 72/73 at CV

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:18 am
by tonyp
Getting stuck on the way back to the depot after a shift must be the worst thing for a driver!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/offbea ... s9Vhry1Xcc

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:43 am
by the c man
tonyp wrote:Getting stuck on the way back to the depot after a shift must be the worst thing for a driver!

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/offbea ... s9Vhry1Xcc

Do you need to post this when it has already been posted?

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:11 pm
by tonyp
the c man wrote:Do you need to post this when it has already been posted?

Not Perth Now nor the more detail provided. But if people don't like expanded information I won't do it again.,

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:14 pm
by TP1462
Noticed today that the Australind has been fitted with LED running lights


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 pm
by Off The Rails
2961 and 2962 seen in service this afternoon - the latter on a 504 to Murdoch and 510 to Booragoon, the former on a 501 to Freo.

Cheers! :wink:

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:05 pm
by TP1462
Off The Rails wrote:2961 and 2962 seen in service this afternoon - the latter on a 504 to Murdoch and 510 to Booragoon, the former on a 501 to Freo.

Cheers! :wink:


Hang on aren’t they going to become swan buses?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:16 pm
by Off The Rails
Quite clearly not if they're based at Freo...

Cheers! :wink:

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:22 pm
by TP1462
Off The Rails wrote:Quite clearly not if they're based at Freo...

Cheers! :wink:


Aah sorry my bad I thought the 2900s were meant to go to swan as part of the contract change that’s why I asked that’s all


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:26 pm
by Zidanehartono
Spotted Ex-UQB069 parked on a lawn along Wingrove Road in Langford. I believe this one might've been used as a mobile clinic but it doesn't have plates fitted though.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:35 pm
by Bus-1809
It's not all 29xx's, it's a case of put all the numbers into a hat that begin with 21, 22, 26 & 29, pull some random ones out and off they go with the Joondalup Contract. Seems to be absolutely no method to it whatsoever these days.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:29 pm
by Squiddy
Bus-1809 wrote:It's not all 29xx's, it's a case of put all the numbers into a hat that begin with 21, 22, 26 & 29, pull some random ones out and off they go with the Joondalup Contract. Seems to be absolutely no method to it whatsoever these days.


Couldn't agree more... though the Joondalup list is nowhere near as random as the Marmion/Claremont lists!

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:23 am
by TP1462
Honestly if that’s the case it’s going to get very confusing to keep up with which bus goes where hopefully there is some logic to it. I was driving earlier today coming back home from Joondalup on the freeway and saw B SET 6112 I’m pretty sure it was not looking the best the green pin stripe was all faded and scratched off it’s disappointing that PTA think it’s acceptable to send them out in that condition especially for a relatively new train that’s less than 5 years old


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:14 am
by Squiddy
TP1462 wrote: it’s disappointing that PTA think it’s acceptable to send them out in that condition especially for a relatively new train that’s less than 5 years old


On the contrary, Transperth has one of (if not the) highest reliablity train networks in the country. I am quite happy that they send out trains that are in perfect working order (and focus on keeping them running) to maintain that reliability rather than keeping them cooped up in a workshop repairing relatively minor cosmetic issues. I am sure that most people don't really care or notice the paintwork as long as it gets them from A to B.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:31 am
by TP1462
Squiddy wrote:
TP1462 wrote: it’s disappointing that PTA think it’s acceptable to send them out in that condition especially for a relatively new train that’s less than 5 years old


On the contrary, Transperth has one of (if not the) highest reliablity train networks in the country. I am quite happy that they send out trains that are in perfect working order (and focus on keeping them running) to maintain that reliability rather than keeping them cooped up in a workshop repairing relatively minor cosmetic issues. I am sure that most people don't really care or notice the paintwork as long as it gets them from A to B.


You won’t get any arguments from me when it comes to TPs reliability the complaint was more related to presentation considering 112 is still relatively new


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:28 pm
by sylar
Squiddy wrote:
Bus-1809 wrote:It's not all 29xx's, it's a case of put all the numbers into a hat that begin with 21, 22, 26 & 29, pull some random ones out and off they go with the Joondalup Contract. Seems to be absolutely no method to it whatsoever these days.


Couldn't agree more... though the Joondalup list is nowhere near as random as the Marmion/Claremont lists!


Yeah i agree... organisation of the fleet went out the window a long time ago, the PTA seems to be more in favour of fragmenting the fleet especially when it comes to the new deliveries... a couple of newbies here, a few over there, maybe one down there instead of allocating them in bulk. The bus lease listings in the tender docs for Marmion, Claremont and Joondalup were very random as well, eg: 2244 to Joondalup, 2135, 2137 & 2156 to Mandurah, I would have taken this as an opportunity to consolidate the fleet leaving all the 21xx Volvos in the Joondalup contract (exception of the Perth CATS), leave all the 22xx Volvos in the Freo/Rockingham contracts, move as many 26xx as possible to Joondalup and 29xx to Freo/Rockingham.

And as Squiddy touched on I would also take the opportunity to consolidate the 24xx, 25xx & 28xx Volvos across the Marmion, Claremont, Canning Vale, Midland and Southern River contracts.

Only the Gassies are well consolidated due to the limited depots with CNG facilities....... maybe they have put Ralph Wiggum in charge of fleet allocations now :P

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:30 pm
by Off The Rails
sylar wrote:And as Squiddy touched on I would also take the opportunity to consolidate the 24xx, 25xx & 28xx Volvos across the Marmion, Claremont, Canning Vale, Midland and Southern River contracts.


Keep those blasted B7's away from SR thanks :lol:

Cheers! :wink:

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:36 pm
by TP1462
Off The Rails wrote:
sylar wrote:And as Squiddy touched on I would also take the opportunity to consolidate the 24xx, 25xx & 28xx Volvos across the Marmion, Claremont, Canning Vale, Midland and Southern River contracts.


Keep those blasted B7's away from SR thanks :lol:

Cheers! :wink:


Oh you know you love them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:00 pm
by Merc1107
It's annoying from our perspective as enthusiasts, but really, a bus is a bus.
Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things - a few years ago there was a lot of service expansion going on, in addition to the need to rapidly withdraw the high-floor fleet due to the impending DDA requirements, in addition to age (i.e. averages) and general condition of vehicles. So I imagine the vehicles were sent where they were needed at the time.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:55 am
by Bus-1809
I think "Scania3000" has hit the nail on the head. It would have had a lot to do with service expansion and withdrawals etc...

2244 was delivered new to Joondalup and was transferred to Mandurah as a part of it's trial, hence it going back to Joondalup.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:27 pm
by Zidanehartono
The on-stand display for the driver at Perth Busport has been modified which now includes a camera view showing the inside of the busport to see if any last minute passengers shows-up.

Re: PTA / Transperth & Private Observations - 2019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 pm
by TP1462
Went to pay my rego and noticed that 2775, 2841 & 2964 are registered apologies if this has already been mentioned


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk