**FAREWELL TO THE WELLINGTON STREET BUS STATION 11/01/2014**

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

I love the old buses

Re: **FAREWELL TO THE WELLINGTON STREET BUS STATION 11/01/20

Post by I love the old buses »

Is there a video on the web that has this event in it? Like a Ch 7 video link etc..? I can't seem to find one, i missed the news due to sweating it out in a Cricket match.
Dennis96

Post by Dennis96 »

Sports like cricket should always play second fiddle to historic transport moments. You can play/watch/do whatever cricket people do any time, but transport events such as the Wellington Street Bus Station farewell only happen once.

Channel Seven was the only media outlet to pick up on the PTA's media release. The news item was very short and at the end of the main body of the news. Few seconds of old footage from Alan Mortimer's cine efforts in the 1970's, PTA media spokesperson speaking about service changes and the cavalcade of preserved buses - and that's about it. I wouldn't worry about missing the news item.
Passengers must not talk to Driver
High Floor Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Olden Holdens
Location: Sitting behind a wheel thingy where all the lights & switches are.

Post by High Floor Bus »

http://youtu.be/Y8X51Y3dnxg[/youtube]
Ch7 News covering the WSBS farewell

for the ones who can not see the embeded link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8X51Y3 ... 1389600548
Last edited by High Floor Bus on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The whole World is going to "HELL" And I'm driving the Bus!
Go ESSENDON for 2022
Proud owner of Preserved Merc Benz O405 679,688,689,691 &1101& Renaults 602 626 647 & 1119
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

Let me add my thanks to everyone who organized Saturday it was a lovely day out.
What I enjoyed the most was seeing the public checking out & taking photos of the old buses throughout the day. Even though the ones with the mobile phones were like me & not even born before when some of the buses were around. They still took some fascination.
I love the old buses

Post by I love the old buses »

Dennis96 wrote:Sports like cricket should always play second fiddle to historic transport moments. You can play/watch/do whatever cricket people do any time, but transport events such as the Wellington Street Bus Station farewell only happen once.
You can't "play anytime" when it is a set fixture. It's hard enough getting into the men's side as it is, I don't want to be disappointing them by not turning up! And me being a very Sporty/Athletic young teen, Transport related things play second fiddle. :roll: Plus I opened the bowling and got a 3 nice wickets so I was happy :)
Dennis96 wrote:Channel Seven was the only media outlet to pick up on the PTA's media release. The news item was very short and at the end of the main body of the news. Few seconds of old footage from Alan Mortimer's cine efforts in the 1970's, PTA media spokesperson speaking about service changes and the cavalcade of preserved buses - and that's about it. I wouldn't worry about missing the news item.
Thanks for that, I won't waste my time looking for a video clip then. :)

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”