Service changes to Madora Bay, San Remo and Silver Sands

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Service changes to Madora Bay, San Remo and Silver Sands

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Proposed Transperth bus changes in Madora Bay, Mandurah, San Remo and Silver Sands

Transperth is inviting the public to comment on proposed changes to bus routes serving Madora Bay, Mandurah, San Remo and Silver Sands. The proposed changes will affect routes 588, 589 and 590.

Representatives from Transperth and Veolia Transdev will be available to discuss the proposed service changes as follows:

Centro Mandurah
Date: Thursday 22 September 2011
Time: 2.00pm until 7.00pm

Centro Mandurah
Date: Saturday 24 September 2011
Time: 10.00am until 3.00pm

Click here to view a map of the proposed changes

Click here to download a feedback form and email it to transperthplanning@pta.wa.gov.au to provide feedback on these proposed changes before 5.00pm on Friday 30 September 2011. Please note that you will not receive a reply to your submission.

Services are proposed to change as follows:

Route 583 Mandurah Station to Silver Sands – New Route

New Route 583 will be predominantly replacing existing Route 588 service.
New Route 583 will operate everyday between Silver Sands (Mandurah Terrace and Orion Road) and Mandurah Station via Peel Street and Allnutt Street.
Route 583 will operate on the same frequency as the old Route 588, however there will be major time changes.
Route 583 will be coordinated with the new Route 584 service.
Route 583 will provide a faster, more direct path for Silver Sands residents to Mandurah Station and provide improved public transport access for residents along Peel Street.
Passengers wishing to access Centro Mandurah will need to transfer at Mandurah Station for the Mandurah Shuttle or Routes 591, 592, 594 or 597.

Route 584 Mandurah Station to Madora Bay – New Route

New Route 584 will be predominantly replacing existing Route 589 services.
New Route 584 will operate a everyday between Madora Bay (Madora Beach Road near Sabina Drive) and Mandurah Station via Peel Street and Allnutt Street.
Route 584 will operate on the same frequency as the old Route 589, however there will be major time changes.
Route 584 will be coordinated with the new Route 583 service.
Route 584 will provide a faster, more direct path for Silver Sands, Madora Bay and San Remo residents to Mandurah Station and provide improved public transport access for residents along Peel Street.
Passengers wishing to access Centro Mandurah will need to transfer at Mandurah Station for the Mandurah Shuttle or Routes 591, 592, 594 or 597.

Route 588 Mandurah Shuttle (Clockwise) – Route and Frequency Change

The existing Route 588 service will be withdrawn and replaced by a new Route 588 Mandurah Shuttle.
New Route 588 will travel a circular route from Mandurah Station to Mandurah Station via Centro Mandurah and the Mandurah Foreshore.
New Route 588 will operate in a clockwise direction.
New Route 588 will no longer service Silver Sands with Mandurah Terrace north of Peel Street being served by new routes 583 and 584.
On weekdays, Route 588 will operate every 20 minutes during peak periods, every 15 minutes between the peak periods and every 30 minutes at night.
Route 588 will operate every 15 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays during the day.
Route 588 will appear on the new Southern 135 bus service timetable and will be operated with accessible buses.

Route 589 Mandurah Shuttle (Anti-clockwise) – Route and Frequency Change

The existing Route 589 will be withdrawn and replaced by new Route 589 Mandurah Shuttle.
New Route 589 will travel a circular route from Mandurah Station to Mandurah Station via Centro Mandurah and the Mandurah Foreshore.
New 589 will operate in an anti-clockwise direction.
New Route 589 will no longer service Silver Sands with Mandurah Terrace north of Peel Street being served by new routes 583 and 584. Mandurah Road and Madora Bay will be served by New Route 584.
On weekdays, Route 589 will operate every 20 minutes during peak periods, every 15 minutes between peak periods and every 30 minutes in the evening.
Route 589 will operate every 15 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays during the day.
Route 589 will appear on the new Southern 135 bus service timetable and will be operated with accessible buses.

Route 590 Mandurah Station to Mandurah Foreshore – Route Withdrawal

Route 590 will be withdrawn and replaced by the Mandurah Shuttle Service (New Routes 588 & 589).

No changes are proposed for routes 558, 586, 587, 591, 592, 594, 597, 598 or any Transperth school routes at this time.

For more information on these proposed changes, please call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TTY: 9428 1999, TIS: 13 14 50).
There are so many service improvements and changes this year thanks to the government that it's getting hard to keep on track with it all!

Also interesting to note that I thought Southern 135 timetable was going to be reserved for Baldivis!
laptop15

Re: Service changes to Madora Bay, San Remo and Silver Sands

Post by laptop15 »

^^ It is great to see this government invest heaps into PT, and I hope we see a repeat in the next budget!!!. This is a great change, but as I say everywere later services!!! Especially (though not part of this review) 587 and 598 (or 597) which ever one is at the lesser frequancy.
Mandurahbus
Favourite Vehicle: Hyundai's!!!,Holden & 1214

Post by Mandurahbus »

I'm sorry but I use the 588/589 as this is my service and all I can say is this is a complete joke splitting 2 service into 4!!!! You are going to have a lot of people complaining because there won't be no direct route to town and Mandurah Forum especially Thursday/Friday mornings with the seniors.

I'm sorry P.T.A but you should scrap this proposal before you hold the community meeting!!!!!
The Mercedes Benz O305 & O305g Preservation Group is on Facebook

Robert Bus Service: Proudly serving the Mandurah area for 18years!!!!

Robert
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Add a new route 590 from Silver Sands to Mandurah via the old 588 route?
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

I was thinking that but instead of a new route why not just off peak and fri/sat night diversions?
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

On second thought I fail to see why you are complaining - you will have a quicker trip into the station, and the transfer to a new shuttle bus will be quick as you will have many points of transfer (plus its running at a really good frequency) giving you the accesss to the town centre/shops. You will have a CAT style service in the city centre giving tourists and locals a better way of exploring the beach/city centre/shops. BTW it will be 3 routes becoming 3 routes as 588/9 are the same route (just oppisit directions) it is win win for all, and dont forget not all residents have a direct trip to the city centre anyway and already have to transfer.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

What I'd actually do is run the Silver Sands service via the Foreshoe and make the Madora Bay service the direct one in any case... It may be another matter of me doing another consulting period...
900 series

Post by 900 series »

Mr OC Benz wrote:Also interesting to note that I thought Southern 135 timetable was going to be reserved for Baldivis!
Not reverved... already used as of today! http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/timetab ... 110911.pdf(And yes, it would make rather an odd fit putting the Mandurah shuttle on the Baldivis timetable... I guess they meant 136, it's not the first typo ever to happen on the Transperth website!)
insert_coin
Favourite Vehicle: 2-door HQ Monaro

Post by insert_coin »

esperanceguy wrote:Here's a crazy thought... how about a bus service to/from Rockingham which runs along the old 115/117 route all the way down the Foreshore into Mandurah Interchange via Centro S/C on Pinjarra Road, instead of all this franging around between train and bus...

Okay, sounds clumsy, but I think you get what I mean :?

NOT CRAZY at all!!!! Very sensible suggestion. Coupled with its later frequency into the evening (where the activity actually is) and linking the two major centres - it's exactly what's needed.
Climate change - a political tool to accuse "deniers".
Let the immature & gullible stumble. It's an enjoyable train wreck LOL
The climate changes every second and always will.
laptop15

Post by laptop15 »

^^ You know when I saw upgrades to Mandurah services I thought yay later services on routes and the like but alas no :(
insert_coin

Post by insert_coin »

esperanceguy wrote:
insert_coin wrote:NOT CRAZY at all!!!! Very sensible suggestion. Coupled with its later frequency into the evening (where the activity actually is) and linking the two major centres - it's exactly what's needed.
Utilise the existing 558 Rockingham-Mandurah service and re-route it down along the Foreshore and the town centre - mix it in with the other 58x/59x services doing the inner routes - which is a double bonus as it's the only bus service in Mandurah running after 9pm every night of the week.

Exactly.... :wink:

At least in the evening, when traffic is lighter, the 558 should do as you stated and provide the busiest part of Manjoodoogoorup :lol: with what seems like the most obvious link and vital evening (later) service needed between there and Rocky.

Laps....start a Facebook protest page - it's still the latest craze for venting a rage lol
insert_coin

Post by insert_coin »

btw - if only your avatar Mandurahbus really was an 0307-fronted "g" - that would've been a great photography trip over the previous 32 or so years.
Q4004
Favourite Vehicle: TP's 1149 1511 1521 1559 1565
Location: Swan Transit Beckenham/Canning Vale Contract Area (Thornlie) and Claisebrook Depot

Post by Q4004 »

To Be Honest This Service Change isnt the best. I feel sorry for passengers (Who currently live on 588, 589 and 590 route) who have to transfer to another bus to get to Mandurah Forum Shopping Centre. My Suggestion Re route the 558 Normal route to Mandurah Rd/Mandurah Tce then deviate Mandurah Tce then Peel/Allnutt Streets to Mandurah station.
Mercedes Diesel less again :(
insert_coin

Post by insert_coin »

Q4004 wrote:To Be Honest This Service Change isnt the best. I feel sorry for passengers (Who currently live on 588, 589 and 590 route) who have to transfer to another bus to get to Mandurah Forum Shopping Centre. My Suggestion Re route the 558 Normal route to Mandurah Rd/Mandurah Tce then deviate Mandurah Tce then Peel/Allnutt Streets to Mandurah station.

Yeah, pretty much what we're all trying to say I gather is, in the evenings at least (but even for shoppers/commuters), run the mainline Rockingham/Silver Sands section via the Foreshore/City centre and along Pinjarra Rd via the forum to the station - all in one service.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

After having a revised look at the map and proposed changes, may I put forward these suggestions.

Route 558 Mandurah Station to Rockingham Station – Route and frequency change

Route 558 will operate a coordinated service with the 584 route everyday between Rockingham Station and Mandurah Station via Mandurah Tce and Centro Mandurah.
Route 558 will operate every 30 mins during the day Monday to Friday and every hour on weekends and every 20 mins during peak periods.
Route 558 will maintain access to Mandurah Foreshore and Centro Mandurah for residents along Mandurah Tce, Silver Sands and Meadow Springs.
Route 558 will no longer operate via Mandurah High School which will be replaced by Route 583 departing from Silver Sands.

Route 583 Mandurah Station to Silver Sands – New Route

New Route 583 will operate everyday between Silver Sands (Mandurah Terrace and Orion Road) and Mandurah Station via Mandurah High School and Allnutt Street replacing a sector of the 558 route which has been re-aligned.
Route 583 will operate every 30 mins during the day Monday to Sunday and every 20 mins during peak periods.
Route 583 will provide a faster, more direct path for Silver Sands residents to Mandurah Station.
Passengers wishing to access Centro Mandurah can catch the 558 route.

Route 584 Mandurah Station to Madora Bay – New Route

New Route 584 will be predominantly replacing existing Route 588/589 services.
New Route 584 will operate a everyday between Madora Bay (Madora Beach Road near Sabina Drive) and Mandurah Station via Peel Street and Allnutt Street.
Route 584 will operate every 30 mins during the day Monday to Friday and every hour on weekends and every 20 mins during peak periods.
Route 584 will be coordinated with the modified Route 558 service.
Route 584 will provide a faster, more direct path for Silver Sands, Madora Bay and San Remo residents to Mandurah Station and provide improved public transport access for residents along Peel Street.
Passengers wishing to access Centro Mandurah can catch the 558 service.

Route 588 Mandurah Shuttle (Clockwise) – Route and Frequency Change

The existing Route 588 service will be withdrawn and replaced by a new Route 588 Mandurah Shuttle.
New Route 588 will travel a circular route from Mandurah Station to Mandurah Station via Centro Mandurah and the Mandurah Foreshore.
New Route 588 will operate in a clockwise direction.
New Route 588 will no longer service Silver Sands with Mandurah Terrace north of Peel Street being served by new routes 583 and 584 aswell as the existing 558 service.
On weekdays, Route 588 will operate every 20 minutes during peak periods, every 15 minutes between the peak periods and every 30 minutes at night.
Route 588 will operate every 15 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays during the day.
Route 588 will appear on the new Southern 135 bus service timetable and will be operated with accessible buses.

Route 589 Mandurah Shuttle (Anti-clockwise) – Route and Frequency Change

The existing Route 589 will be withdrawn and replaced by new Route 589 Mandurah Shuttle.
New Route 589 will travel a circular route from Mandurah Station to Mandurah Station via Centro Mandurah and the Mandurah Foreshore.
New 589 will operate in an anti-clockwise direction.
New Route 589 will no longer service Silver Sands with Mandurah Terrace north of Peel Street being served by new routes 583 and 584 and the existing 558 route. Mandurah Road and Madora Bay will be served by New Route 584 and existing route 558.
On weekdays, Route 589 will operate every 20 minutes during peak periods, every 15 minutes between peak periods and every 30 minutes in the evening.
Route 589 will operate every 15 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays during the day.
Route 589 will appear on the new Southern 135 bus service timetable and will be operated with accessible buses.

Route 590 Mandurah Station to Mandurah Foreshore – Route Withdrawal

Route 590 will be withdrawn and replaced by the Mandurah Shuttle Service (New Routes 588 & 589).
Mandurahbus
Favourite Vehicle: Hyundai's!!!,Holden & 1214

Post by Mandurahbus »

The Mercedes Benz O305 & O305g Preservation Group is on Facebook

Robert Bus Service: Proudly serving the Mandurah area for 18years!!!!

Robert
Q4004
Favourite Vehicle: TP's 1149 1511 1521 1559 1565
Location: Swan Transit Beckenham/Canning Vale Contract Area (Thornlie) and Claisebrook Depot

Post by Q4004 »

I dont like these changes to be honest but things happen :'(
Mercedes Diesel less again :(

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”