• Advertisement

Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

Re: Bus Routes - What would you do if you were in charge?

Postby Leyland B21 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 pm

I remember the days of old route 115 / 117 traversing Old Mandurah Rd. This is even before the Ennis Avenue Extension. There was nothing at all to admire or look at from the corner of Day Road Rockingham and Silver Sands unless you like limestone, Baldivis Caravan Park or Golden Bay Petrol Station. Amazing how it has developed around Baldivis, golden Bay, secret harbour etc

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Leyland B21

Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Postby Bus Suggestions » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 pm

PART 2

Eastern Services

Ellenbrook Services

334-337
Possible frequency increase, re-time to interchange with services (e.g. 334 at :00 and :30, 335 at :07 and :37, 336 at :15 and :45, 337 at :22 and :52)

Withdraw after New Lord St is built

Re-time to match all services with 334 workings (e.g. at :02 and :32)
955 and 956
Consolidate with 48 to create New High Frequency Route 955. Route will follow Current 48 to Bayswater Station then Straight along Coode St, R Rudloc Rd, L Russell St, R Morley Bus Station. Then it would follow current 955 to Ellenbrook. Every 20 mins 05:00 to 07:00, every 7/8 mins 07:00 to 09:30, with every 2nd service only running Perth-Bassendean and Vice-Versa, 15 mins 09:30 to 15:00, every 7/8 mins 15:00 to 19:00, with every 2nd service only running Perth-Bassendean and Vice-Versa, then 20 Mins 19:00 to 21:00 and half-hourly 21:00 to 23:00 on Weekdays. Every 20 mins 06:20 to 08:00, every 15 mins 08:00 to 19:00, then 20 mins 19:00 to 21:00 and half-hourly 21:00 to 23:00 on Weekends.

Guildford Rd Services

No change

No change

Consolidate with 955/6 into High Frequency 955 (see above)

Renumber to 43 to keep numbering consistent.

Other Services

*NEW* Route 348
Reinstate to cover the residential Bayswater area. Runs same route as previous incarnation, and with same frequency.

EDIT: I have uploaded this to Dropbox, inform me if the link does not work, this is my first time using Dropbox
Last edited by Bus Suggestions on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transperth: The Best Privatisation Model
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Transperth 'Oddballs'

Postby Leyland B21 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:01 pm

After all these years, I still believe in running an Armadale to Bedfordale/ Churchmans Brook Estate Service. Every 40 mins in peak. Hourly off peak. Last service to leave Armadale at 7.30pm. Mon to Fri. Every 2hrs Sat and Sun
I'll call it new route 255 for now.
Servicing Carradine Road and Canns Rd to Waterwheel Rd.

You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Leyland B21

Postby Squiddy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 pm

A few changes I would make:

- Retiring route 548 altogether and tweaking route 549 such that it continues South along Cockburn Rd (instead of turning down Rockingham Rd) to serve North Coogee (as the 548 did) before re-joining Rockingham Rd at Russel Rd, and continuing as normal from there.

- Extending route 584 a little to terminate at Lakelands shops rather than in the middle of Madora Bay would be a good option too I think

- Not so much a route change, but I will always be in support of upgrades at Canning Bridge Station that will allow the 100/101 to head onto the freeway and join Manning Road directly rather than spending ages stuck at the lights on Canning Hwy. Being able to terminate 111/4/5/6/150/158/160s at Canning Bridge rather than having them effectively duplicate train services up to Elizabeth Quay would be nice too from a cost perspective but may not appeal to passengers.
Officially the first passenger ever to board bus 2685 - 6/4/18, 2904 - 27/7/18 and 2906 - 9/8/18 !

Currently working on my bus photography site - check out https://squiddysbuses.wordpress.com/ !!! :D
Squiddy

Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8 artics!

Postby Leyland B21 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Squiddy wrote:A few changes I would make:

Being able to terminate 111/4/5/6/150/158/160s at Canning Bridge rather than having them effectively duplicate train services up to Elizabeth Quay would be nice too from a cost perspective but may not appeal to passengers.

I like the idea but it would mean Clydesdale Street would be nothing but a multiple layover. The 148 is already laying over in a suburban street not to mention the regular 100 and 101 traversing through. I think you would have a lot of unhappy residents.

Maybe delete routes 100 and 101 and have all routes mentioned extend to Curtin Uni in place of the deleted routes.

Leyland B21

Postby Merc1107 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:30 am

Squiddy wrote:111/4/5/6/150/158/160s at Canning Bridge rather than having them effectively duplicate train services up to Elizabeth Quay would be nice too from a cost perspective but may not appeal to passengers.
These runs were not withdrawn following the opening of the Mandurah line as the time savings from transferring to the rail just aren't worth the bother of enforcing (that's from the PTA), even in peak with 5min trains and a busy freeway (you can usually get a decent run up the freeway on the bus). When the trains run at 15mins, unless you have no waiting time between the bus and train, you put yourself well behind.

I'm relatively pro-freeway bus, but I do believe there could be a case for reducing the number of services entering the city or making services to/from the city dependent on peak flows. The trouble is, you end up overcomplicating things with short-workings, alternate termini, potentially-different route numbers and so on. That just confuses everyone; the big example being how the 950 has grown exponentially by combining several different 'obscure' runs* into one service with good frequency. The 940 (now 115) did the same thing in its time by rationalising the spaghetti-tangle of runs through Hamilton Hill & Coolbelup.

* I don't mean once or twice a day "obscure," I mean obscure in the sense there are numerous runs taking different routes to the same destination, with different frequencies and times/days of operation

The 158 is another peculiar sort of run. You can't split it up and run two different runs via Canning Hwy., as you're then duplicating the 111 and 910, as well as introducing more complexity. At the same time, it really only caters for peak-directional traffic, as it services ritzy areas where car usage is likely to be quite high on weekends (doesn't help Sunday service is bi-hourly!).

Bus Suggestions wrote:41...No change
42...No change
Not to the route, but I think the frequency could utilise a bump. Have travelled on a number of 42s in the daytime that carryied seated loads from the city, with just an hourly frequency. Beggars belief an area so close to the city doesn't have more reasonable service. Guildford Rd. is coordinated to 15mins, but the majority of traffic was dropped off near the terminus.
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby Squiddy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 am

Merc1107 wrote:
Squiddy wrote:111/4/5/6/150/158/160s at Canning Bridge rather than having them effectively duplicate train services up to Elizabeth Quay would be nice too from a cost perspective but may not appeal to passengers.
These runs were not withdrawn following the opening of the Mandurah line as the time savings from transferring to the rail just aren't worth the bother of enforcing (that's from the PTA), even in peak with 5min trains and a busy freeway (you can usually get a decent run up the freeway on the bus). When the trains run at 15mins, unless you have no waiting time between the bus and train, you put yourself well behind.

I'm relatively pro-freeway bus, but I do believe there could be a case for reducing the number of services entering the city or making services to/from the city dependent on peak flows. The trouble is, you end up overcomplicating things with short-workings, alternate termini, potentially-different route numbers and so on. That just confuses everyone; the big example being how the 950 has grown exponentially by combining several different 'obscure' runs* into one service with good frequency. The 940 (now 115) did the same thing in its time by rationalising the spaghetti-tangle of runs through Hamilton Hill & Coolbelup.

* I don't mean once or twice a day "obscure," I mean obscure in the sense there are numerous runs taking different routes to the same destination, with different frequencies and times/days of operation

The 158 is another peculiar sort of run. You can't split it up and run two different runs via Canning Hwy., as you're then duplicating the 111 and 910, as well as introducing more complexity. At the same time, it really only caters for peak-directional traffic, as it services ritzy areas where car usage is likely to be quite high on weekends (doesn't help Sunday service is bi-hourly!).

It's not so much time savings (I imagine they'd be about the same on average), but more from a cost perspective. According to most timetables the bus journey from Canning Bridge to EQ takes about twelve minutes (or 25 once the return journey is taken into account). 25min each over the 100+ buses that go through CB every day that adds up to a pretty significant amount of time and money spent for bus services that don't really need to exist in my opinion. Obviously Canning Bridge Station is lacking any sort of infrastructure to allow for terminating these services there but I can certainly see something happening with these routes one day. Extending these routes through CB to Curtin Uni and reducing the number of 100/101s I also think would work pretty well!
Officially the first passenger ever to board bus 2685 - 6/4/18, 2904 - 27/7/18 and 2906 - 9/8/18 !

Currently working on my bus photography site - check out https://squiddysbuses.wordpress.com/ !!! :D
Squiddy

Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B8 artics!

Postby pasha241 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Sorry if i digging old thread but i have my suggestion for transperth bus that i would change (sorry if some of my suggestion look unrealistic)

Northern Suburb (Joondalup Line Feeder/Wanneroo Area)

15 Perth Busport - Glendalough Station
    Route 15 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday
    Route 15 will have 1 additional last sunday service that depart 1 hour later from current last service in both direction at Sunday night

352 Whitfords Station - Landsdale
    Additional Service from Whitfrods Station at 3:30, also from this service the frequency will increase every 15/20 minutes until 7:04pm in landsdale direction, while 30 minutes for whitfords dirrecton
    Additional night service, the last service from Landsdale at 7:36pm, while the last service from whitfrods at 9:04pm
    Introducing new Weekend service that have 60minutes frequency to make people at Landsdale/Madeley to connect easily to Whitfords/Cragie and vice versa

386 Perth Busport - Kingsway City Shopping Centre
    This Route will have 1 additional sunday service that depart from current last service in each direction

389 Perth Busport - Clarkson Station
    Route now will change the route at Wanneroo and Extended to Clarkson Station when the Neerabup Road extended (to make better conenction with people at Wannerro/Hocking that want to go Clarkson and when Wallangara Rd extended to Evergeen Garden at banksia grove vice versa
    Route now will travel via Normal Route from Perth until Wanneroo Rd, Dundebar Road, Continung Wanneroo Road, Left Neerabup Rd, Right Celebration Bvd, then Terminates at Clarkson Station
    This route now will not serve Dundebar Rd, Steven St and Belgrade Rd
    Passanger that live in the street that not serve by 389 can catch 467
    First service to City and last service from city will depart/arrive from Wannero Rd/Joondalup Drive Intersection
    This Route will have 1 additional sunday service that depart from current last service in each direction

391 Joondalup Station - Clarkson Station
    Route now will extend from current terminus at Banksia Grove to Clarkson Station (to make better connection at between Carramar/Banksia Grove residence and surrounding Clarkson area)
    Route now will extended via Glasshouse Dr, Left Pinjaar Rd, Right Leftheart Rd, Left Wallangara Rd, Right Evergreen Gar, Right Rustic Garden, Right Tranquil Dr, Left Flynn Dr, Right Wanneroo Rd, Left Neerabup Rd, Right Celebration Bvd, then Terminates at Clarkson Station
    No Frequency Change

402/403 Perth Busport - Stirling Station
    Route 402 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service
    Route 402 will have 1 additional service from perth at night which at 7:45
    Route 403 will have 1 additional sunday service that depart 1 hour later from last service
    This mean that if 402/403 and 404 coordinate it will have M-F off peak 15 minute, Saturday 15 minute and Sunday 30 minute

415 Stirling Station - Mirrabooka Station
    Route 415 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday

422 Stirling Station - Scarborough Beach
    Route 422 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service

428 Stirling Station - Warwick Station
    This route will have full route on Sunday
    No Frequency Change

445 Warwick Station - Whitfords Station
    This route will increase to 30 minute frequency both direction off peak

450 Warwick Station - Ellenbrook Shopping Centre
    Route now will extend from current terminus at Landsdale to Ellenbrook shopping (to make better connection between Landsdale/Madelay/Warwick and Surrounding Ellenbrook Area)
    Route now will extended from current terminus via Alexander Dr, Right Gnangara Rd, Left Main St, Terminates at Ellenbrook Shopping Centre
    This route now run by SWan Transit (run from Beenyup depot and Ellenbrook Depot)
    No Frequency Change

461 Whitfords Station - Joondalup Station
    Route 461 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday

463 Whitfords Station - Joondalup Station
    Route 463 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service

467 Whitfords Station - Joondalup Station
    This route will have little change route at Wanneroo area
    from Elliot Rd it will travel via Right Wanneroo Rd, Right Celestine St, Left Quarkum St, Right High Rd, Left Scott Rd, Right Belgrade Rd, Left Steven St, Dundebar Rd, then continued to normal route
    The reason is to replace 389 that not serve this area

471 Joondalup Station - Burn Beach
    Route 471 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service

474 Joondalup Station - Clarkson Station
    This route now will have massively increase frequency and additional service on the Weekend
    The trip that previously run by 473 will run by 474 and extend to clarkson (to make connection between Kinross/Currimbine and Surrounding clarkson area)

481 Clarkson Station - Quinns Rock
    Route 481 have 1 additional last sunday service that depart 1 hour later from current last service in both direction

482 Clarkson Station - Butler Station
    Route 481 have 1 additional last sunday service that depart 1 hour later from current last service in both direction

North Eastern Suburb (Bassendan/Beechboro/Morley/Mirrabooka/Ellenbrook)

19 Perth Busport - Yokine/Dog Swamp
    Route 19 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday

55 Elizabeth Quay - Midland Station
    Route now will extend from current terminus at Bassendean to Midland Station (to make better connection at between Ashfield/Bassendean residence and surrounding Guildford/Midland area also make new another )
    Route now will extended from current terminus at bassendean via Parker St, Left Old Perth Rd, Right Guildford Road, Straight Great Eastern Hwy, Right Helena St, Terminus at Midland Station vice versa
    No Frequency Change

60 Elizabeth Quay -Morley Bus station
    Route 60 will have 2 additional sunday night service in both direction
    The last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current last service

67/68 Elizabeth Quay - Mirrabooka Bus station
    Route 67/68 will have 30 minute frequency in peak time to perth city. and also 67 will run 30 minute on saturday
    This mean 67/68 coordinate it will have 15 minutes in opposite peak dirrection at peak hour and 15/30 min frequency between perth and mirrabooka

337 Ellenbrook - Ellenbrook Train Station
    Route 337 will have new sunday hourly Service

341 Morley Bus Station - Beechboro
    Route 341 will have additional frequency at sunday night. the last service in both direction will be 60 minute later than current last service

342 Morley Bus Station - Beechboro
    Route 342 will have new additional sunday 60 minute service to make 30 minute coordinate between beechboro and morley

344 Morley Bus Station - Warwick Station
    Route 344 will have additonal in weekday night. 9:15pm that depart from Morley will travel full route to Warwick, while the last service from warwick have 1 addtional service which will be 10.34pm
    Route 344 in Saturday that leave morley at 7:19pm and 8:20pm will be full route to warwick station, while the one that at Alexander Height shopping centre at 8:56 and 9:57pm will depart from Warwick Station
    Route 344 will have 30 minute frequency on saturday and 45 minute on sunday

345 Morley Bus Station - Bennett Springs
    Route 345 will increase frequency from 60 minute to 30 minute at Sunday

354 Perth City - Mirrabooka Bus Station
    Route 345 will increase frequency from 60 minute to 30 or 45 minute at Sunday

Alexander Rd Service (360-362)
    This Route will have 30 minute in each route for opposite peak direction in peak time

365 Mirrabooka Bus Station- KIngsway City
    Route 365 will have addional night service on saturday in both direction. The last service from Kingsway will be 2 hour later while the last service from mirrabooka will be 3 hour later than current last service from mirrabooka

371 Morley Bus Station - Warwick Station
    Route 371 will have 1 additional service in both direction. The last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current last bus frequency
    Last service on saturday in both direction will be 3 hour later than current last service
Last service on sunday in both direction will be 1 hour later than current last service[/list]

377 Mirrabooka Bus Station- Alexander Heights Shopping Centre
    Route 377 will have additional late night service from Alexander height that depart at 9:37pm from Alexander Heights

378 Mirrabooka Bus Station- Alexander Heights
    Route 378 will have new sunday service that have 60 minute frequency

955 Morley Bus Station - North Ellenbrook
    with small trip that extended from North Ellenbrook to Bullsbrook on the weekend
    This Route will have additional late night service also the last service from both side will be 2 hour later than current last service on the weekday, Also the last service on saturday will be 3 hour later than current last service, while on sunday it will be 2 hour later than current last service
    This route route will 30 minute until last service on weekday, 30 minute on saturday until 9:12pm.

New Service run from Morley Bus Station to Perth Domestic Airport (maybe 348 for number)
    This route will have 30 minute M-F off peak and peak, 30 minute on saturday, 45 minute on sunday.
    from Morley will travel via
    Left Russell St, Right Broun Ave, Left Drake St, Right Francis St, Left Coode St, Left Whatley Cr, Right Slade St, Left Guildford Rd, Right Tonkin Hwy, Exit Redcliffe, Straight Brearley Ave, Right First St, Right Boulder Ave, Left Second St, Left Dunreath Dr, Right Fauntlerory Ave, Terminus at Perth Domestic Airport
    from Perth Airport will travel via
    Fauntlerory Ave, Right Snook Rd, Straight Central Ave, Left Second St, Right Francis St, Right Boulder Ave, Right First St, Left Bradley Ave, Left Great Eastern Hwy, Right Tonkin Hwy, Exit Guilford Rd, Left Guildford Rd, Right Slade St, Left Whatley Cr, Right Coode St, Right Francis St, Left Drake St, Right Broun Ave, Left Russell St, Right Morley Bus Station
    This Route will Run by Path Transit (Morley Contract)
    This Route will enable people to connect between Morley, Bayswater and Perth Airport

Eastern Suburb (Midland Feeder, Perth Hills, Kalamunda)

36 Elizabeth Quay - Midland Station
    Route 36 that terminus at redcliffe on sunday will be extended to full route to midland station

282 Elizabeth Quay - Kalamunda Bus Station
    Route 282 will have new sunday service that run 120 minute frequency
    Route 282 will have additional late night service from both area on the weekday and saturday. The last service from Kalamunda will be 1 hour later than current last service on Weekday, The last service from Perth on weekday there will be additional service on 282 which will be leave from Perth at 7:00pm., While on saturday the last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current last service

283 Elizabeth Quay - Kalamunda Bus Station
    Route 283 will have additional late night service
    Route 283 will have two additional service after current last service in both direction on weekday. The last service of 283 will be 2 hour later than current last service on weekday, while on Saturday the last service from perth will be 2 hour than current last service

286 Elizabeth Quay - Maida Vale and 287 Elizabeth Quay - Forrestfield
This Route will be withdrawn permanently and replace by 288. Passanger that want to travel to Belmont Ave can catch 380.

288 Elizabeth Quay - Maida Vale
    Route will run at addional service and also this route will run on Peak direction for replace 286/287
    Also Route will have additional Late night service on Weekdays and Saturday. The Last service from both side will be 1 hour later than current service on weekdays. While on Satuday there will be addtional service that leave perth 9:10pm while from Forrestfield there will be addtional service that leave Forrestfield at 7:36pm
    Route 288 will also increase frequency on Sunday from 120 to 60 minute frequency
    Short Route that terminate/start at Forrestfield will be convert to Full route to Maida Vale
    Also additional service from Perth to Cloverdale that replace 38 that would mean on the frequency are; M-F Peak: 15 min, M-F off peak; 30 min (15 min if include some short 288), Weekend; 60 minute

294 Midland Station - Carousel
    Route 294 will have increase the frequency on saturday from 120 to 60 minute on satuday
    Route 294 will have new sunday service that run 90 minute but that run only from Westfield Carousel until Maida Vale
    This addional service will enable more people to connect between cannington and forrestfield

296 Elizabeth Quay - Kalamunda Bus Station
    Route 296 will have addtional service from perth at 10:15pm

297 Midland Station - Kalamunda Bus Station/279 Kalamunda Bus Station - Maddington Station
    Route 297 will merge with 279 and the result will be route 297 will run from Midland Station to Maddington Station and renumbered as 297
    Route 279 now will become normal route that run 60 min off peak no change with 297 school service however these school service in the morning will continued 297 to midland station while the afternoon will start at Midland Station

300 Midland Shuttle
    Route
    Route 300 will have new 60 frequency on Sunday

300 Midland Shuttle
    Route

Great Northern Hwy Service (308, 310, 311)
    Route 308 will be withdrawn permanetly and this route will replace by additional service of 310/311/312
Route 310/311 will have 120 minute off peak frequency, 60 minute on peak time, 120 minutes on the weekend
Route 310 will also deviates via Evelyn Road to replace 308 route
Route 310 will also have additional late service, the last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current service
Route 312 also increase frequency to every 120 minute during the weekday no additional weekday service
Route 312 also will become circular route that run from midland station to midland station (via Baskerville)
After these increasing frequency in these that would mean Service from Midland Station to Middle Swan will have; M-F Off Peak; 60 Minutes (30 if 312 run), M-F Peak; 30 Minute, Weekend; 60 Minute[/list]

SWan View Service (314, 315, 323, 324, 325, 327)
    Route 314, 315, 323, 324, 325 will increase the frequency from 120 min to 60 minute on Sunday

Great Eastern Hwy Service (320, 328)
    Route 320 will have Full 60 minute frequency on saturday until last service and on Sunday 60 minute from first service until last service in both direction
    Route 320 will also have additional service during the Week. On Weekdays addional service from midland at 9:01pm and last service from Midland will be 11:30 replace 321. While from Mundaring the addional service will be on 9:05pm. On Saturday the last service from both side will be 1 hour later than current last service. On Sunday the last service in both direction will be 1 hour later than current service

Darlington Service (321, 322)
    Route 321 at last service on weekday will be withdrawn and replace with 320
    Route 322 will have Full 60 minute frequency on saturday until last service and weekday and on Sunday 60 minute from first service until last service in both direction
    Route 322 will have new night service that depart 11:30pm and new service from midland at 10:00pm at weekdays, 10.30pm at Saturday.
    Also Route 322 last service from Darlington will be 2 hour later than current last service on weekday, on saturday will be 2 hour later than current service, on sunday will be 1 hour later than current service. While from Midland last service will be 1 hour later than current last service

Belmont Area/Vic Park Area/Curtin/Bentley/Cannington/Welshpool

South Perth Service (30, 31)
    Route 30 Will extended to Curtin Unviersity on Weekend
    Route 31 last service from both service will be 1 hour later than current service

32 Elizabeth Quay - Como
    Route 32 will have new addional service that depart from Perth at 9:05pm

33 Elizabeth Quay - Karawara
    Route 33 will run 15 minute in peak time in both ways
    Route 33 last service on Weekday and saturday will be 1 hour later than current last service. Also from Karawara route 33 will have additional service and the last service from Karawara will be 10.07 and in the night route 33 will replace route 70

34 Peth Busport - Cannington Station
    Route 34 will have big additional service
    On Weekday, Route 34 that depart from curtin in the morning will start from cannington, Last service of 34 to city will be 2 hour later than current service, frequency 30 min until 8:00pm from cannington, while from perth until 9:00pm then frequency drop to an hour and coordiante with 72 until last service between cannington and curtin in both ways, last service, while on saturday the 30 minute will be extended until 8pm from perth, 7pm from cannington, and last service from cannington will 1 hour later than current last service, on sunday, last service from both soide will be 1 hour later than current service

38 Elizabeth Quay - Cloverdale
    Route 38 Will be withdrawn and replace by new short route of 288

39 Elizabeth Quay - Redliffe
    Route 39 will increase frequency to 30 min on sunday

72 Elizabeth Quay - Cannington Station
    Route 72 will have big additional service also reduce service
    Route 72 that depart/terminate at Curtin or Wilson will renumbered with 74 (to make not confuse when 72 arrive), the effect of this, 72 will run full route from Elizabeth Quay to Cannington Station.
    Route 72 will have 30 min until 9pm from perth, route 72 that terminate at wilson will replace by 74 route or additional 75 service
    on Sunday 72 will run full route to canningtom full route until 6:30pm.

74 Elizabeth Quay - Wilson/Curtin Uni
    Route 74 will replace route 72 that terminate on Wilson/Curtin Uni, Route 72 will operate during Peak hour, after hour

Route 74 will replace route 72 that terminate on Wilson/Curtin Uni, Route 72 will operate during Peak hour, after hour

100 Canning Bridge Station - Cannington Station
    Route 100 will have additional service.
    The last service from cannington/to cannington will be 1 later than current service
    Last service from curtin/canning bridge on saturday will be 1 hour later than current service

176 Elizabeth Quay - Wilson
    Route 176 will change the place of terminate at Wilson. Route 176 that come from Wilson will depart from Leach Hwy/Bungaree Rd (to make people from 509 can connect 176), while terminate at wilson the bus stop will be (Leach hwy after Bungaree Rd)

202/203 (East Cannington Circular Service)
    Route 202/203 will have additional service
    Route 202 will have new 60 minute sunday service to make 30 min frequency on sunday
    Route 203 in every off peak service will depart 15 earlier than current time to make good coordinate between 202. and make strict 30 min frequency in east cannington area.
    Route 203 will have additional late night service to make 30 minute until last service. Last Service of 203 in the weekday will be at 9:22pm, in the weekend will be 2 hour later than current service.

New Service run from Oays Street Station to Perth International Airport (maybe 289 for number)
    This route will have 30 minute M-F peak, off peak, 60 minute on Weekend.
    from Oats Street will travel via
    Rutland Ave, Right Mercury St, Right Tuckett St, Left Oats St, Right Acton Ave, Left Keane St, Right Abernethy Rd, Left Leach Hwy, Straight Airport Drive, Terminus atat Terminal 2 Airport
    Terminal 2, International Airport, Airport Dr, Straight Leach Hwy, Right Abernethy Rd, Left Keane St, Right Acton Ave, Left Oats St, Right Rutland Ave, Terminate at Oats St Station
    This Route will Run by Path Transit (Kalamunda Contract)
    This Route will enable people to connect between Carlisle, Vic Park and Curtin area and Perth International Airport

380 Elizabeth Quay - Perth International Airport
    Route 380 will have additional in peak period. the frequency will increase to 15 min in peak direction (to replace withdrawn 286/287), some additional stop at belmont avenue and 1 additional at Abernethy Rd/Kew St

935 Kings Park - Perth Domestic Airport
    Route 935 will change the time stop from previously at Belvidere St, Belmont to Johnson St, Redliffe. Shot service of 935 will move to Redcliffe

Bull Creek/Murdoch/Thornlie/Cockburn (Canning Contract Area)

75 Elizabeth Quay - Canning Vale
    Route 75 will have big additional service that replace short 72 service
    On Weekday and weekend, last service of 75 will be 2 hour later than current service from both ways
    On Sunday route 75 will increase frequency to 60 min frequency and replace short 72 service (these give good service of Riverton/Parkwood Residence to Vic Park area)

170 Elizabeth Quay - Bull Creek Station
    Route 170 that depart/terminate from Shelley Will be withdrawn and replace by new 509 Route

179 Elizabeth Quay - Bull Creek Station
    Route 179 will change the route at Riverton.
    from Perth this route will run through normal route until high road then the route will change via 508 route until bull creek station (to replace 508 and 509)
    No Frequency change, however this route will coordinate time with 508 and 75 at riverton and also this route will have connection with new 509 at Wilson to make people from Riverton can transfer to 509 to Cannington and vice versa
    Route 179 will have new weekend 60 service to replace old 509 and more service on riverton area
    Route 179 if coordinate with 508 between Bull creek and riverton will be M-F off peak, weekend; 30/15 min, weeknight and weekend nihgt; 30 min and make 30 min frequency of riley rd between 179 and 75 on weekend
    Frequency on Vic Park area will be 20 min on the weekend (170, 177, 179)

206 Murdoch University - Cannington
    Route 206 will have additional service
    Route 206 will increase frequency to 30 min on Saturday or maybe include sunday also
    Route 206 that terminate at Thornlie at night will be extended to Cannington until last service
    Route 206 last service on sunday will be 1 hour later than current last service

212 Thornlie Station - Southern River
    Route 212 will have additional service and change route
    Route 212 now will extended from Huntingdale to Southern River. Previous 212 that terminate at huntingdale/start at huntingdale will terminate at Southern River
    212 frequency will increase to 20 min on opposite peak direction
    Last service of 212 on saturday will be 1 hour later than current last service, while on sunday last service of 212 will be 2 hour later than current service

930 Elizabeth Quay - Thornlie Station
    Route 930 will have additional service
    Additional service that depart 15 minute earlier in early service in both ways
    Last service of 930 on weekday will be 30 min later than current service from both area
    On Saturday the route will run 30 minute to perth until 9pm, while from perth until 10pm
    Last service on saturday will be 1 hour later than current service
    On Sunday the first service from both side will be 1 hour earlier than current first service
    on Sunday the last service from both side will be 1 hour later than current last service

506 Bull Creek Station - Thornlie Station
    Route 507 will change the route and have many addtiional Service
    Route 506 will travel via 508 from bull creek to apsley rd vice versa, then via Right Vahland Ave, Left Collin Rd, then travel via current 506 route until Nicholson Rd vice versa, Left Left Nicholson Rd, Right Langeford ave, Right Spencer Rd, Right Thornlie Station vice versa
    The reason for changing 506 route is to make 30 minute frequency on Apsley Road on Weekday and Saturday and not too much duplication of 507 route
    Route 506 will have 30 minute peak frequency for both side, 60 min off peak and saturday. No Sunday Service

507 Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
    Route 507 will renumbed as 9xx (maybe 937 or 920) and become high frequency route
    Route 507 will increase to 15 minute frequency on sundays

508 Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
    Route 508 will increase the frequency to 30 min on sunday
    Also Route will change the route between Bull Creek Station and Riverton vice versa. Route 508 now will travel via current 179/509 until Riverton Forum, then travel via 508 route until cannington vice versa
    On Weekday last service from cannington will be 1 hour later than current service

509 Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
    Route 509 will change the route and additional service
    Route 509 will not travel via Riverton area anymore, infact this route will follow 170 from bull creek until Leach Hwy then travel via normal 509 route vice versa
    The reason for this is because previous 509 is too much duplication and shelley/rossmoyne area need more service
    Passanger from previous 509 route that want to travel cannington can catch 508 or catch 179 to wilson then use 509. Also 179 and 509 will have connection for passanger vice versa
    Route 509 also will replace 170 that depart/terminus at shelley, these service will terminus/depart from cannington station.
    Route 509 will also operate M-F peak; 15 min, M-F off peak, weekend; 60 minute

Route 509 will not travel via Riverton area anymore, infact this route will follow 170 from bull creek until Leach Hwy then travel via normal 509 route vice versa
    The reason for this is because previous 509 is too much duplication and shelley/rossmoyne area need more service
    Passanger from previous 509 route that want to travel cannington can catch 508 or catch 179 to wilson then use 509. Also 179 and 509 will have connection for passanger vice versa
    Route 509 also will replace 170 that depart/terminus at shelley, these service will terminus/depart from cannington station.

515 Murdoch Station - Cockburn Central Station
    Route 515 will have new aditional saturday service and deviation via jandakot airport
    Route 515 now will extended their service from Jandakot to Cockburn Central Station
    from Jandakot to Cockburn Central this route will travel via Berrigan Dr, Left The Lakes Bvd, Right Prinsep Rd, Left Cutler Rd, Right Solomon Rd, Right Armadale Rd, Right Midgegoroo Ave, Right Stockton Rd, Left Cockburn Central Station
    These route will have 30 minute frequency peak time in both side, 60 min frequency on weekday and weekend

516 Murdoch Station - Southlands
    Route 516 will have new aditional service
    Route 516 will have more additional service throught the night
    These route will have 30 minute from southlands to bull creek on afternoon peak while vice versa in the morning. Also route 516 will not deviation via Jandakot airport

517 Murdoch Station - Thornlie Station
    Route 517 will have new aditional service
    Route 517 that depart/start from huntingdale will be depart/start from Thornlie Station
    Route 517 will have 30 minute frequency in opposite peak direction
    on Sunday 517 will run full route from Murdoch to Thornlie Station

518 Murdoch Station - Cockburn Central Station
    Route 51 will have new aditional service
    Route 518 that terminate at Livingstone and Piara Waters will be extended to full route in peak period, early service and night service
    On Weekday last service of 518 will be 1 hour later than current service, on saturday
list of my photo taken you can be found at https://busenthusiastic.wordpress.com/
my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTCdKn ... OUqcedvUdg
pasha241

Postby os91 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm

I would get rid of the 111 and completely replace it with 910s. The full length of the 910 would run every 5 mins during peak, and every 15 mins during the off-peak and weekends. This would match the train frequency to make transfers at Canning Bridge more convenient. It would also get rid of the short 910s terminating in Applecross; since these were renumbered from the 105, often in the afternoon a few confused people accidentally board the 910 to Applecross only to find themselves at the stop on Kintail road! I think the slightly less services during weekday off-peak (4 per hour instead of 6), could be justified because the 111 and 910 aren’t too busy during those times, and running 6 buses an hour (i.e. every 10 minutes) would not match up with the train, making transfers less convenient.
Also around that area, all the 158s could be replaced by the 148. I don’t think there would be too many buses terminating at Clydesdale Street, because the 158 isn’t very frequent. If they wanted, 148 passengers could transfer to the 114, 115, 150 or 160 to get into the city by the bus on freeway, transfer to the train, or transfer to improved 910 to get into the city through the causeway.
This could be a compromise to completely withdrawing all the freeway routes; the other routes would still exist while the 111 and 158 are removed with no need for new routes or route changes.
os91

Postby Bus Suggestions » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 pm

PART 3
Western Services

QE11 Services
Extra trips departing Point Fraser at 07:30, 16:45 and 17:15, departing QE11 and deviating via UWA at 07:29, departing Claremont at 07:03, 07:34 and 15:45
Minor Re-route: Same route to Monash Ave, then R at Smyth Rd, with Williams Rd timing point relocated to new stop at Smyth Rd/Karella St.
Weekend service reinstatement: Reinstate weekend services, running hourly between 09:30 and 19:30.
No change
Re-do driver shifts to bring any available artics to work at least 1 round trip (e.g. QE11-EQBS-Morley-EQBS-QE11) in peak.
998/999
No change.

Other Services
Reroute: Same route (From EQBS) to Stirling Hwy, then Straight, R Dalkeith Rd, L Carrington, L Loch St, R Melville St and R Gugeri St into Claremont.
Bus Suggestions

Postby the c man » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm

pasha241 wrote:Sorry if i digging old thread but i have my suggestion for transperth bus that i would change (sorry if some of my suggestion look unrealistic)

15 Perth Busport - Glendalough Station
    Route 15 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday
    Route 15 will have 1 additional last sunday service that depart 1 hour later from current last service in both direction at Sunday night

352 Whitfords Station - Landsdale
    Additional Service from Whitfrods Station at 3:30, also from this service the frequency will increase every 15/20 minutes until 7:04pm in landsdale direction, while 30 minutes for whitfords dirrecton
    Additional night service, the last service from Landsdale at 7:36pm, while the last service from whitfrods at 9:04pm
    Introducing new Weekend service that have 60minutes frequency to make people at Landsdale/Madeley to connect easily to Whitfords/Cragie and vice versa

386 Perth Busport - Kingsway City Shopping Centre

389 Perth Busport - Clarkson Station
    Route now will change the route at Wanneroo and Extended to Clarkson Station when the Neerabup Road extended (to make better conenction with people at Wannerro/Hocking that want to go Clarkson and when Wallangara Rd extended to Evergeen Garden at banksia grove vice versa
    Route now will travel via Normal Route from Perth until Wanneroo Rd, Dundebar Road, Continung Wanneroo Road, Left Neerabup Rd, Right Celebration Bvd, then Terminates at Clarkson Station
    This route now will not serve Dundebar Rd, Steven St and Belgrade Rd
    Passanger that live in the street that not serve by 389 can catch 467
    First service to City and last service from city will depart/arrive from Wannero Rd/Joondalup Drive Intersection

391 Joondalup Station - Clarkson Station
    Route now will extend from current terminus at Banksia Grove to Clarkson Station (to make better connection at between Carramar/Banksia Grove residence and surrounding Clarkson area)
    Route now will extended via Glasshouse Dr, Left Pinjaar Rd, Right Leftheart Rd, Left Wallangara Rd, Right Evergreen Gar, Right Rustic Garden, Right Tranquil Dr, Left Flynn Dr, Right Wanneroo Rd, Left Neerabup Rd, Right Celebration Bvd, then Terminates at Clarkson Station
    No Frequency Change

402/403 Perth Busport - Stirling Station
    Route 402 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service
    Route 402 will have 1 additional service from perth at night which at 7:45
    Route 403 will have 1 additional sunday service that depart 1 hour later from last service
    This mean that if 402/403 and 404 coordinate it will have M-F off peak 15 minute, Saturday 15 minute and Sunday 30 minute

415 Stirling Station - Mirrabooka Station
    Route 415 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday

422 Stirling Station - Scarborough Beach
    Route 422 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service

428 Stirling Station - Warwick Station
    This route will have full route on Sunday
    No Frequency Change

445 Warwick Station - Whitfords Station
    This route will increase to 30 minute frequency both direction off peak

Route now will extend from current terminus at Landsdale to Ellenbrook shopping (to make better connection between Landsdale/Madelay/Warwick and Surrounding Ellenbrook Area)
    Route now will extended from current terminus via Alexander Dr, Right Gnangara Rd, Left Main St, Terminates at Ellenbrook Shopping Centre
    This route now run by SWan Transit (run from Beenyup depot and Ellenbrook Depot)
    No Frequency Change

461 Whitfords Station - Joondalup Station
    Route 461 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday

463 Whitfords Station - Joondalup Station
    Route 463 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service

467 Whitfords Station - Joondalup Station
    This route will have little change route at Wanneroo area
    from Elliot Rd it will travel via Right Wanneroo Rd, Right Celestine St, Left Quarkum St, Right High Rd, Left Scott Rd, Right Belgrade Rd, Left Steven St, Dundebar Rd, then continued to normal route
    The reason is to replace 389 that not serve this area

471 Joondalup Station - Burn Beach
    Route 471 will have new Additional Hourly Sunday service

474 Joondalup Station - Clarkson Station
    This route now will have massively increase frequency and additional service on the Weekend
    The trip that previously run by 473 will run by 474 and extend to clarkson (to make connection between Kinross/Currimbine and Surrounding clarkson area)

481 Clarkson Station - Quinns Rock

482 Clarkson Station - Butler Station

19 Perth Busport - Yokine/Dog Swamp
    Route 19 will increase to 30 minute frequencies on Sunday

Route now will extend from current terminus at Bassendean to Midland Station (to make better connection at between Ashfield/Bassendean residence and surrounding Guildford/Midland area also make new another )
    Route now will extended from current terminus at bassendean via Parker St, Left Old Perth Rd, Right Guildford Road, Straight Great Eastern Hwy, Right Helena St, Terminus at Midland Station vice versa
    No Frequency Change

60 Elizabeth Quay -Morley Bus station
    Route 60 will have 2 additional sunday night service in both direction
    The last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current last service

67/68 Elizabeth Quay - Mirrabooka Bus station
    Route 67/68 will have 30 minute frequency in peak time to perth city. and also 67 will run 30 minute on saturday
    This mean 67/68 coordinate it will have 15 minutes in opposite peak dirrection at peak hour and 15/30 min frequency between perth and mirrabooka

337 Ellenbrook - Ellenbrook Train Station
    Route 337 will have new sunday hourly Service

341 Morley Bus Station - Beechboro
    Route 341 will have additional frequency at sunday night. the last service in both direction will be 60 minute later than current last service

342 Morley Bus Station - Beechboro
    Route 342 will have new additional sunday 60 minute service to make 30 minute coordinate between beechboro and morley

Route 344 will have additonal in weekday night. 9:15pm that depart from Morley will travel full route to Warwick, while the last service from warwick have 1 addtional service which will be 10.34pm
    Route 344 in Saturday that leave morley at 7:19pm and 8:20pm will be full route to warwick station, while the one that at Alexander Height shopping centre at 8:56 and 9:57pm will depart from Warwick Station

345 Morley Bus Station - Bennett Springs
    Route 345 will increase frequency from 60 minute to 30 minute at Sunday

Alexander Rd Service (360-362)
    This Route will have 30 minute in each route for opposite peak direction in peak time

365 Mirrabooka Bus Station- KIngsway City
    Route 365 will have addional night service on saturday in both direction. The last service from Kingsway will be 2 hour later while the last service from mirrabooka will be 3 hour later than current last service from mirrabooka

371 Morley Bus Station - Warwick Station
    Route 371 will have 1 additional service in both direction. The last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current last bus frequency
    Last service on saturday in both direction will be 3 hour later than current last service
Last service on sunday in both direction will be 1 hour later than current last service[/list]

377 Mirrabooka Bus Station- Alexander Heights Shopping Centre
    Route 377 will have additional late night service from Alexander height that depart at 9:37pm from Alexander Heights

378 Mirrabooka Bus Station- Alexander Heights
    Route 378 will have new sunday service that have 60 minute frequency

955 Morley Bus Station - North Ellenbrook
    with small trip that extended from North Ellenbrook to Bullsbrook on the weekend
    This Route will have additional late night service also the last service from both side will be 2 hour later than current last service on the weekday, Also the last service on saturday will be 3 hour later than current last service, while on sunday it will be 2 hour later than current last service
    This route route will 30 minute until last service on weekday, 30 minute on saturday until 9:12pm.

New Service run from Morley Bus Station to Perth Domestic Airport (maybe 348 for number)
    This route will have 30 minute M-F off peak and peak, 30 minute on saturday, 45 minute on sunday.
    from Morley will travel via
    Left Russell St, Right Broun Ave, Left Drake St, Right Francis St, Left Coode St, Left Whatley Cr, Right Slade St, Left Guildford Rd, Right Tonkin Hwy, Exit Redcliffe, Straight Brearley Ave, Right First St, Right Boulder Ave, Left Second St, Left Dunreath Dr, Right Fauntlerory Ave, Terminus at Perth Domestic Airport
    Fauntlerory Ave, Right Snook Rd, Straight Central Ave, Left Second St, Right Francis St, Right Boulder Ave, Right First St, Left Bradley Ave, Left Great Eastern Hwy, Right Tonkin Hwy, Exit Guilford Rd, Left Guildford Rd, Right Slade St, Left Whatley Cr, Right Coode St, Right Francis St, Left Drake St, Right Broun Ave, Left Russell St, Right Morley Bus Station
    This Route will Run by Path Transit (Morley Contract)
    This Route will enable people to connect between Morley, Bayswater and Perth Airport

Eastern Suburb (Midland Feeder, Perth Hills, Kalamunda)

36 Elizabeth Quay - Midland Station
    Route 36 that terminus at redcliffe on sunday will be extended to full route to midland station

282 Elizabeth Quay - Kalamunda Bus Station
    Route 282 will have new sunday service that run 120 minute frequency
    Route 282 will have additional late night service from both area on the weekday and saturday. The last service from Kalamunda will be 1 hour later than current last service on Weekday, The last service from Perth on weekday there will be additional service on 282 which will be leave from Perth at 7:00pm., While on saturday the last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current last service

283 Elizabeth Quay - Kalamunda Bus Station
    Route 283 will have additional late night service
    Route 283 will have two additional service after current last service in both direction on weekday. The last service of 283 will be 2 hour later than current last service on weekday, while on Saturday the last service from perth will be 2 hour than current last service

286 Elizabeth Quay - Maida Vale and 287 Elizabeth Quay - Forrestfield
This Route will be withdrawn permanently and replace by 288. Passanger that want to travel to Belmont Ave can catch 380.

288 Elizabeth Quay - Maida Vale
    Route will run at addional service and also this route will run on Peak direction for replace 286/287
    Also Route will have additional Late night service on Weekdays and Saturday. The Last service from both side will be 1 hour later than current service on weekdays. While on Satuday there will be addtional service that leave perth 9:10pm while from Forrestfield there will be addtional service that leave Forrestfield at 7:36pm
    Route 288 will also increase frequency on Sunday from 120 to 60 minute frequency
    Short Route that terminate/start at Forrestfield will be convert to Full route to Maida Vale
    Also additional service from Perth to Cloverdale that replace 38 that would mean on the frequency are; M-F Peak: 15 min, M-F off peak; 30 min (15 min if include some short 288), Weekend; 60 minute

294 Midland Station - Carousel
    Route 294 will have increase the frequency on saturday from 120 to 60 minute on satuday
    Route 294 will have new sunday service that run 90 minute but that run only from Westfield Carousel until Maida Vale
    This addional service will enable more people to connect between cannington and forrestfield

296 Elizabeth Quay - Kalamunda Bus Station
    Route 296 will have addtional service from perth at 10:15pm

297 Midland Station - Kalamunda Bus Station/279 Kalamunda Bus Station - Maddington Station
    Route 297 will merge with 279 and the result will be route 297 will run from Midland Station to Maddington Station and renumbered as 297
    Route 279 now will become normal route that run 60 min off peak no change with 297 school service however these school service in the morning will continued 297 to midland station while the afternoon will start at Midland Station

300 Midland Shuttle
    Route

300 Midland Shuttle
    Route

Great Northern Hwy Service (308, 310, 311)
    Route 308 will be withdrawn permanetly and this route will replace by additional service of 310/311/312
Route 310/311 will have 120 minute off peak frequency, 60 minute on peak time, 120 minutes on the weekend
Route 310 will also deviates via Evelyn Road to replace 308 route
Route 310 will also have additional late service, the last service from both direction will be 1 hour later than current service
Route 312 also increase frequency to every 120 minute during the weekday no additional weekday service
Route 312 also will become circular route that run from midland station to midland station (via Baskerville)
After these increasing frequency in these that would mean Service from Midland Station to Middle Swan will have; M-F Off Peak; 60 Minutes (30 if 312 run), M-F Peak; 30 Minute, Weekend; 60 Minute[/list]

SWan View Service (314, 315, 323, 324, 325, 327)
    Route 314, 315, 323, 324, 325 will increase the frequency from 120 min to 60 minute on Sunday
Weekday services get rid of 327 services and replace them with 323 services. Services departing from Coles in Swan view (327) 9:06am, 10:06am, 11:06am, 12:06pm, 1:06pm and 2:06pm. And 327 services departing Midland at 9:44am, 10:44am, 11:44am, 12:44pm, 1:45pm and 2:45pm replace them with 323 services however make the 323 service go through Fairfax and Blanchard Rds.

Great Eastern Hwy Service (320, 328)
    Route 320 will have Full 60 minute frequency on saturday until last service and on Sunday 60 minute from first service until last service in both direction
    Route 320 will also have additional service during the Week. On Weekdays addional service from midland at 9:01pm and last service from Midland will be 11:30 replace 321. While from Mundaring the addional service will be on 9:05pm. On Saturday the last service from both side will be 1 hour later than current last service. On Sunday the last service in both direction will be 1 hour later than current service

Darlington Service (321, 322)
    Route 321 at last service on weekday will be withdrawn and replace with 320
    Route 322 will have Full 60 minute frequency on saturday until last service and weekday and on Sunday 60 minute from first service until last service in both direction
    Route 322 will have new night service that depart 11:30pm and new service from midland at 10:00pm at weekdays, 10.30pm at Saturday.
    Also Route 322 last service from Darlington will be 2 hour later than current last service on weekday, on saturday will be 2 hour later than current service, on sunday will be 1 hour later than current service. While from Midland last service will be 1 hour later than current last service

South Perth Service (30, 31)
    Route 30 Will extended to Curtin Unviersity on Weekend
    Route 31 last service from both service will be 1 hour later than current service

32 Elizabeth Quay - Como
    Route 32 will have new addional service that depart from Perth at 9:05pm

33 Elizabeth Quay - Karawara
    Route 33 will run 15 minute in peak time in both ways
    Route 33 last service on Weekday and saturday will be 1 hour later than current last service. Also from Karawara route 33 will have additional service and the last service from Karawara will be 10.07 and in the night route 33 will replace route 70

34 Peth Busport - Cannington Station
    Route 34 will have big additional service
    On Weekday, Route 34 that depart from curtin in the morning will start from cannington, Last service of 34 to city will be 2 hour later than current service, frequency 30 min until 8:00pm from cannington, while from perth until 9:00pm then frequency drop to an hour and coordiante with 72 until last service between cannington and curtin in both ways, last service, while on saturday the 30 minute will be extended until 8pm from perth, 7pm from cannington, and last service from cannington will 1 hour later than current last service, on sunday, last service from both soide will be 1 hour later than current service

38 Elizabeth Quay - Cloverdale
    Route 38 Will be withdrawn and replace by new short route of 288

39 Elizabeth Quay - Redliffe
    Route 39 will increase frequency to 30 min on sunday

Route 72 that depart/terminate at Curtin or Wilson will renumbered with 74 (to make not confuse when 72 arrive), the effect of this, 72 will run full route from Elizabeth Quay to Cannington Station.
    Route 72 will have 30 min until 9pm from perth, route 72 that terminate at wilson will replace by 74 route or additional 75 service

100 Canning Bridge Station - Cannington Station
    Route 100 will have additional service.
    The last service from cannington/to cannington will be 1 later than current service
    Last service from curtin/canning bridge on saturday will be 1 hour later than current service

176 Elizabeth Quay - Wilson
    Route 176 will change the place of terminate at Wilson. Route 176 that come from Wilson will depart from Leach Hwy/Bungaree Rd (to make people from 509 can connect 176), while terminate at wilson the bus stop will be (Leach hwy after Bungaree Rd)

202/203 (East Cannington Circular Service)
    Route 202/203 will have additional service
    Route 202 will have new 60 minute sunday service to make 30 min frequency on sunday
    Route 203 in every off peak service will depart 15 earlier than current time to make good coordinate between 202. and make strict 30 min frequency in east cannington area.
    Route 203 will have additional late night service to make 30 minute until last service. Last Service of 203 in the weekday will be at 9:22pm, in the weekend will be 2 hour later than current service.

New Service run from Oays Street Station to Perth International Airport (maybe 289 for number)
    This route will have 30 minute M-F peak, off peak, 60 minute on Weekend.
    from Oats Street will travel via
    Rutland Ave, Right Mercury St, Right Tuckett St, Left Oats St, Right Acton Ave, Left Keane St, Right Abernethy Rd, Left Leach Hwy, Straight Airport Drive, Terminus atat Terminal 2 Airport
    Terminal 2, International Airport, Airport Dr, Straight Leach Hwy, Right Abernethy Rd, Left Keane St, Right Acton Ave, Left Oats St, Right Rutland Ave, Terminate at Oats St Station
    This Route will Run by Path Transit (Kalamunda Contract)
    This Route will enable people to connect between Carlisle, Vic Park and Curtin area and Perth International Airport

380 Elizabeth Quay - Perth International Airport
    Route 380 will have additional in peak period. the frequency will increase to 15 min in peak direction (to replace withdrawn 286/287), some additional stop at belmont avenue and 1 additional at Abernethy Rd/Kew St

935 Kings Park - Perth Domestic Airport
    Route 935 will change the time stop from previously at Belvidere St, Belmont to Johnson St, Redliffe. Shot service of 935 will move to Redcliffe

Bull Creek/Murdoch/Thornlie/Cockburn (Canning Contract Area)

75 Elizabeth Quay - Canning Vale
    Route 75 will have big additional service that replace short 72 service
    On Weekday and weekend, last service of 75 will be 2 hour later than current service from both ways
    On Sunday route 75 will increase frequency to 60 min frequency and replace short 72 service (these give good service of Riverton/Parkwood Residence to Vic Park area)

170 Elizabeth Quay - Bull Creek Station
    Route 170 that depart/terminate from Shelley Will be withdrawn and replace by new 509 Route

179 Elizabeth Quay - Bull Creek Station
    Route 179 will change the route at Riverton.
    from Perth this route will run through normal route until high road then the route will change via 508 route until bull creek station (to replace 508 and 509)
    No Frequency change, however this route will coordinate time with 508 and 75 at riverton and also this route will have connection with new 509 at Wilson to make people from Riverton can transfer to 509 to Cannington and vice versa
    Route 179 will have new weekend 60 service to replace old 509 and more service on riverton area
    Route 179 if coordinate with 508 between Bull creek and riverton will be M-F off peak, weekend; 30/15 min, weeknight and weekend nihgt; 30 min and make 30 min frequency of riley rd between 179 and 75 on weekend
    Frequency on Vic Park area will be 20 min on the weekend (170, 177, 179)

206 Murdoch University - Cannington
    Route 206 will have additional service
    Route 206 will increase frequency to 30 min on Saturday or maybe include sunday also
    Route 206 that terminate at Thornlie at night will be extended to Cannington until last service
    Route 206 last service on sunday will be 1 hour later than current last service

212 Thornlie Station - Southern River
    Route 212 will have additional service and change route
    Route 212 now will extended from Huntingdale to Southern River. Previous 212 that terminate at huntingdale/start at huntingdale will terminate at Southern River
    212 frequency will increase to 20 min on opposite peak direction
    Last service of 212 on saturday will be 1 hour later than current last service, while on sunday last service of 212 will be 2 hour later than current service

930 Elizabeth Quay - Thornlie Station
    Route 930 will have additional service
    Additional service that depart 15 minute earlier in early service in both ways
    Last service of 930 on weekday will be 30 min later than current service from both area
    On Saturday the route will run 30 minute to perth until 9pm, while from perth until 10pm
    Last service on saturday will be 1 hour later than current service
    On Sunday the first service from both side will be 1 hour earlier than current first service
    on Sunday the last service from both side will be 1 hour later than current last service

506 Bull Creek Station - Thornlie Station
    Route 507 will change the route and have many addtiional Service
    Route 506 will travel via 508 from bull creek to apsley rd vice versa, then via Right Vahland Ave, Left Collin Rd, then travel via current 506 route until Nicholson Rd vice versa, Left Left Nicholson Rd, Right Langeford ave, Right Spencer Rd, Right Thornlie Station vice versa
    The reason for changing 506 route is to make 30 minute frequency on Apsley Road on Weekday and Saturday and not too much duplication of 507 route
    Route 506 will have 30 minute peak frequency for both side, 60 min off peak and saturday. No Sunday Service

507 Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
    Route 507 will renumbed as 9xx (maybe 937 or 920) and become high frequency route
    Route 507 will increase to 15 minute frequency on sundays

508 Bull Creek Station - Cannington Station
    Route 508 will increase the frequency to 30 min on sunday
    Also Route will change the route between Bull Creek Station and Riverton vice versa. Route 508 now will travel via current 179/509 until Riverton Forum, then travel via 508 route until cannington vice versa
    On Weekday last service from cannington will be 1 hour later than current service

515 Murdoch Station - Cockburn Central Station
    Route 515 will have new aditional saturday service and deviation via jandakot airport
    Route 515 now will extended their service from Jandakot to Cockburn Central Station
    from Jandakot to Cockburn Central this route will travel via Berrigan Dr, Left The Lakes Bvd, Right Prinsep Rd, Left Cutler Rd, Right Solomon Rd, Right Armadale Rd, Right Midgegoroo Ave, Right Stockton Rd, Left Cockburn Central Station
    These route will have 30 minute frequency peak time in both side, 60 min frequency on weekday and weekend

516 Murdoch Station - Southlands
    Route 516 will have new aditional service
    Route 516 will have more additional service throught the night
    These route will have 30 minute from southlands to bull creek on afternoon peak while vice versa in the morning. Also route 516 will not deviation via Jandakot airport

517 Murdoch Station - Thornlie Station
    Route 517 will have new aditional service
    Route 517 that depart/start from huntingdale will be depart/start from Thornlie Station
    Route 517 will have 30 minute frequency in opposite peak direction
    on Sunday 517 will run full route from Murdoch to Thornlie Station

518 Murdoch Station - Cockburn Central Station
    Route 51 will have new aditional service
    Route 518 that terminate at Livingstone and Piara Waters will be extended to full route in peak period, early service and night service
    On Weekday last service of 518 will be 1 hour later than current service, on saturday
the c man

Postby adster2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:57 pm

All these seem really good, do you have anything up proposed for up Joondalup way or Rockingham?
adster2

Postby Merc1107 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:12 am

os91 wrote:It would also get rid of the short 910s terminating in Applecross; since these were renumbered from the 105, often in the afternoon a few confused people accidentally board the 910 to Applecross only to find themselves at the stop on Kintail road!
The destination board makes it clear as to the ultimate termination point of the short-working 910s, as do the majority of stops these days (as they contain the estimated departure times and any deviations). It boils down to the fact passengers will hail anything that looks even remotely similar to a Transperth bus, and not take the responsibility for ensuring it will get them to where they are going.
os91 wrote:I would get rid of the 111 and completely replace it with 910s.

Off-peak, yes. During peak? No. The 111s (and other services from Riseley St and Reynolds Rd) do the bulk of the passenger moving during peak. In the AM, there will be passengers waiting at most stops on Canning Hwy for a 111. They won't catch the 910 and will go as far as turning around to make that clear - by Canning Bridge, the 910s have maybe 12 passengers, whereas the 111 & 114s will likely be seated or standing loads. In the PM, its mostly a game of set-down, again, not uncommon for services to be relatively busy leaving the city. There's usually a pickup again from Canning Bridge for passengers transferring from elsewhere.

Squiddy talked about running services between Booragoon and Curtin University. I like that idea, and other board members have discussed it in the past. In the Pre-SSR era, there was a 555 that ran weekdays with mostly hourly frequency. Maybe the lack of frequency doomed the service, but if someone saw merit in the idea with the railway existent, then perhaps it might've been retained or a Booragoon termination tacked onto a 100 or 101.
Merc1107

Postby shinjiman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:05 pm

pasha241 wrote:Sorry if i digging old thread but i have my suggestion for transperth bus that i would change (sorry if some of my suggestion look unrealistic)

No Frequency Change

No Frequency Change

For the route 450, I would like to suggest to amend the route 355 a bit to travel into Landsdale area and enable to transfer with 352/376 and 450.

The portion of the extension of route 55 suggested runs what like the old route 333 is.

For the route 344, I have another suggestion which this route no longer travel via the deviations, instead another route like 369 is suggested to run between Mirabooka Bus Station and Bennett Springs via Malaga, and travel via the deviation of route 344.

369 Mirrabooka Bus Station - Bennett Springs via Malaga
From Mirrabooka Bus Station, R Sudbury Road, L Yirrigan Drive, L Alexander Drive, R Widgee Road, L McGilvary Avenue, L Malaga Drive, ([L Victoria Road, R Crocker Drive, R Irvine Drive, L Victoria Road], R Victoria Road), R Narloo Street, L Beringarra Avenue, R Marshall Road, R Beechboro Road North, L Bennett Spring Drive until 345 Terminus.

From Bennett Springs, R Beechboro Road North, L Marshall Road, L Beringarra Avenue, L Victoria Road, ([R Crocker Drive, R Irvine Drive, L Victoria Road, R Malaga Drive], L Malaga Drive), R McGilvary Avenue, R Widgee Road, L Alexander Drive, R Yirrigan Drive, R Sudbury Road into Mirrabooka Bus Station

The route 354 will be instantiated with portion between Mirrabooka and Yokine, however it was suggested to coordinate with the departing time of route 19.

The route 74 mentioned before should be renumbered as route 71 as the old route 71 was run between Cottesloe and Curtin Uni via Busport.
shinjiman

Postby Bus Suggestions » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Merc1107 wrote:
Bus Suggestions wrote:41...No change
42...No change
Not to the route, but I think the frequency could utilise a bump. Have travelled on a number of 42s in the daytime that carryied seated loads from the city, with just an hourly frequency. Beggars belief an area so close to the city doesn't have more reasonable service. Guildford Rd. is coordinated to 15mins, but the majority of traffic was dropped off near the terminus.

And so a frequency bump I shall do!
PART 2 *AMENDMENT*

Eastern Services

Ellenbrook Services

334-337
Possible frequency increase, re-time to interchange with services (e.g. 334 at :00 and :30, 335 at :07 and :37, 336 at :15 and :45, 337 at :22 and :52)
Retain for residential service.
Re-time to match all services with 334 workings (e.g. at :02 and :32)
955 and 956
Consolidate with 48 to create New High Frequency Route 955. Route will follow Current 48 to Bayswater Station then Straight along Coode St, R Rudloc Rd, L Russell St, R Morley Bus Station. Then it would follow current 955 to Ellenbrook. Every 20 mins 05:00 to 07:00, every 7/8 mins 07:00 to 09:30, with every 2nd service only running Perth-Bassendean and Vice-Versa, 15 mins 09:30 to 15:00, every 7/8 mins 15:00 to 19:00, with every 2nd service only running Perth-Bassendean and Vice-Versa, then 20 Mins 19:00 to 21:00 and half-hourly 21:00 to 23:00 on Weekdays. Every 20 mins 06:20 to 08:00, every 15 mins 08:00 to 19:00, then 20 mins 19:00 to 21:00 and half-hourly 21:00 to 23:00 on Weekends.

Guildford Rd Services

Frequency change: From Perth weekdays – Half-hourly 06:25 to 14:25, then 15 mins 14:25 to 17:25, and half-hourly 17:25 to 22:25. To Perth weekdays – Half-hourly 05:55 to 06:55, then 15 mins 06:55 to 08:55, then half-hourly 09:55 to 21:55 to interchange with 42 services. Weekends: No change.
Frequency change: From Perth weekdays – Half-hourly 06:55 to 14:55, then 15 mins 14:55 to 17:55, and half-hourly 17:55 to 22:55. To Perth weekdays – Half-hourly 06:15 to 07:15, then 15 mins 07:15 to 09:15, then half-hourly 09:15 to 22:15 to interchange with 41 services. Weekends: No change.
Consolidate with 955/6 into High Frequency 955 (see above)
Renumber to 43 to keep numbering consistent.

Other Services

*NEW* Route 348
Reinstate to cover the residential Bayswater area. Runs same route as previous incarnation, and with same frequency.
Bus Suggestions

Postby os91 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Merc1107 wrote:The 111s (and other services from Riseley St and Reynolds Rd) do the bulk of the passenger moving during peak. In the AM, there will be passengers waiting at most stops on Canning Hwy for a 111. They won't catch the 910 and will go as far as turning around to make that clear - by Canning Bridge, the 910s have maybe 12 passengers, whereas the 111 & 114s will likely be seated or standing loads.

Of course currently people prefer to wait for the 111 because it is quicker than changing at Canning Bridge. However, if the 111 was got rid of and instead the 910 ran every 5 minutes the whole length then I don't think passengers between Freo and Canning Bridge having to take the 910 would be disadvantaged. The time they lose transferring would be made up having a shorter wait between buses and more convenient transfers with the train (currently I don't think either the 111 or the 910 are timed to connect with the Mandurah Line). The buses would also be less crowded for people wanting to go to the city; the load of people would be evenly spread over 12 910s instead of 8 very crowded 111s and 4 relatively empty 910s. The simplification of the bus network on Canning Highway might also be beneficial for people who are less familiar with the area.

Merc1107 wrote:The destination board makes it clear as to the ultimate termination point of the short-working 910s, as do the majority of stops these days (as they contain the estimated departure times and any deviations). It boils down to the fact passengers will hail anything that looks even remotely similar to a Transperth bus, and not take the responsibility for ensuring it will get them to where they are going.

At Canning Bridge, the problem is that the people who accidentally get on the short-working 910s are people getting off the train and coming up the stairs from behind where the bus is stopped. All they see is the "910" on the back of the bus, so they hurry and just get on without ever seeing the destination board at the front. For older people or infrequent users I imagine this would be very confusing, and made worse by the fact that the 910K doesn't terminate on Canning Highway but turns off it, so they have to walk for a bit to get on the right bus. Maybe a different idea is that the 910K from Perth should have Canning Bridge Station as its last stop (i.e. set down only there), so that there is no possibility of people mistakenly boarding. Or the buses could be fitted with rear destination boards... but I have a feeling that would be too expensive.
os91

Postby pasha241 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:45 pm

shinjiman wrote:

No Frequency Change

No Frequency Change

For the route 450, I would like to suggest to amend the route 355 a bit to travel into Landsdale area and enable to transfer with 352/376 and 450.

The portion of the extension of route 55 suggested runs what like the old route 333 is.

For the route 344, I have another suggestion which this route no longer travel via the deviations, instead another route like 369 is suggested to run between Mirabooka Bus Station and Bennett Springs via Malaga, and travel via the deviation of route 344.

369 Mirrabooka Bus Station - Bennett Springs via Malaga
From Mirrabooka Bus Station, R Sudbury Road, L Yirrigan Drive, L Alexander Drive, R Widgee Road, L McGilvary Avenue, L Malaga Drive, ([L Victoria Road, R Crocker Drive, R Irvine Drive, L Victoria Road], R Victoria Road), R Narloo Street, L Beringarra Avenue, R Marshall Road, R Beechboro Road North, L Bennett Spring Drive until 345 Terminus.

From Bennett Springs, R Beechboro Road North, L Marshall Road, L Beringarra Avenue, L Victoria Road, ([R Crocker Drive, R Irvine Drive, L Victoria Road, R Malaga Drive], L Malaga Drive), R McGilvary Avenue, R Widgee Road, L Alexander Drive, R Yirrigan Drive, R Sudbury Road into Mirrabooka Bus Station

The route 354 will be instantiated with portion between Mirrabooka and Yokine, however it was suggested to coordinate with the departing time of route 19.

The route 74 mentioned before should be renumbered as route 71 as the old route 71 was run between Cottesloe and Curtin Uni via Busport.

the 354 was actually for 384 my bad
list of my photo taken you can be found at https://busenthusiastic.wordpress.com/
my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTCdKn ... OUqcedvUdg
pasha241

Postby esperanceguy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:09 pm

In *my* humble opinion, having lived at "The Flats" in Balga (you know, those ones that used to be along Camberwell/Culloton/Tolson Sts) from 1991-93: the old 64 & 363/373 could surely have done with the kind of frequencies their descendants now have BUT the 371 from Warwick should be given the same 10-min afternoon peak frequency that it receives from Morley between 4.40 & 5.51pm; I'm not so sure there's a need for services finishing at 10pm on Saturdays, as the shops have long shut... AND given that it runs every half hour both directions on a Sunday, the 386 & 389 should be given equal parity on Sundays, running every 30 mins both directions, starting at say 7am and finishing last services from Perth 11pm & 11.30pm - hey, I'm gonna dream big too!! :lol:
I'm aware that an increased frequency of 386/389s would run interference with the 384s & 388s that also run, but what the hell, a 5-10 min service along Wanneroo Rd all day on a Sunday would surely be a good thing, yes? 8)
Perth-based Transperth fanatic from 1991-2005
esperanceguy

Favourite Vehicle: articulated buses!

Postby Bus Suggestions » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:34 pm

To your last question: So long as 2 buses don't come up at once and mess up everything :D
But if it receives 5-10 mins on Sundays, then weekday services should either have the same service or better. And I don't think a '1 bus per 30 seconds' service is viable with current funding and patronage of some services.
Bus Suggestions

Postby Merc1107 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am

os91 wrote:The time they lose transferring would be made up having a shorter wait between buses and more convenient transfers with the train (currently I don't think either the 111 or the 910 are timed to connect with the Mandurah Line).
I don't think there is much point in trying to enforce a connection with a train at Canning Bridge, the 3-5min frequency of the train is more than adequate. My point is, if people really wanted to make the connection, the frequency of buses up Canning Hwy and frequency of trains is such that its quite easy.

os91 wrote:the problem is that the people who accidentally get on the short-working 910s are people getting off the train and coming up the stairs from behind where the bus is stopped. All they see is the "910" on the back of the bus, so they hurry and just get on without ever seeing the destination board at the front.
Good point, I had forgotten about that :lol: Although, there is a side destination board adjacent the front door passengers could refer to whilst boarding.
Not sure the logic in the old 104 & 105 termination points. The argument about a "lack of room" is moot when buses will simply be running on elsewhere - whether they utilise the U-turn or continue along Canning Hwy is up to the driver.
Merc1107

Postby os91 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:57 am

Watertown shopping centre is a very busy stop for the Yellow CAT, probably the busiest Yellow CAT stop apart from Perth. I think the shopping centre could do with a TransPerth shuttle service to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station via the freeway because it could reduce congestion on the Yellow CAT and also improve travel time for people who want to continue their journey from EQBS. A 20 minute frequency should be enough and it could possibly be run by only 1 bus during the day (Google Maps suggests a 5-7 minute journey time).

To Watertown: Exit EQBS via the Mill Street exit, left at the Spring Street traffic lights onto the Freeway, exit Freeway at Market Street, left Sutherland Street, then left onto Wellington Street (Watertown stop).

To EQBS: Left Wellington Place*, right Market Street, right onto Freeway on-ramp, exit Freeway at Spring Street/Mounts Bay Road exit, enter EQBS via Mill Street entry.
*I am not sure if buses would be able to go through Wellington Place due to height restrictions, so instead from Watertown the bus could alternatively continue down Wellington Street, then turn right on Elder Street to enter the Freeway.

Some more ideas:
935: I would terminate the 935 somewhere on St Georges Terrace (or maybe at EQBS), and replace the Kings Park section with an “Orange CAT” between the Kings Park Terminus and Barrack Square/Bell tower. I think Kings Park should have a CAT service because I think the people who go there are mainly tourists (they might know that CATs are free but reluctant to take the 935 because it is a normal bus etc). The Bell Tower is also another common destination for tourists, so the “Orange CAT” should terminate there. Passengers could still transfer at a stop somewhere on the Terrace between the new CAT and other bus services.

84: Re-route via Pearson Street and Jon Sanders Drive into Glendalough Station. Weekday deviations via Hasler Road and Walter’s Drive could replace the 407
412: Re-route via Jon Sanders Drive into Glendalough Station. Weekday deviations via Hasler Road and Walter’s Drive could replace the 407
I am not sure about how/if the weekday deviations would work because I haven’t really seen how people use the 407. If it is mainly trips to and from Glendalough, then it might work, however if there are a lot of short trips along the 407 within Osbourne Park then this might make it very inconvenient for passengers and the 407 should be retained. I see a possible journey time reduction for people on the 84 and 412, especially if they are going to the city, however it could also make it less convenient for people wanting to go to Subiaco on the 84 or Stirling on the 412.

114: Truncate to Hamilton hill, increase frequency on route 531 (short services terminating where the 114 currently terminates). The 114 could be re-routed via Canning Highway instead of Marmion/Risley Street. Perhaps Canning Highway needs a limited stops route more than Marmion Street? A problem may be that it would make it harder for 114 passengers to get to Garden City.
os91

Postby Shoudy Chen » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:40 pm

If I were you, I might think of the following

A bus route that will link from Cannington Station to Garden City Bus Station via Curtin and Canning Bridge. 100/101 to be replaced by a High Frequency Route 915. Truncate the Route 114/115 at Garden City Station as There are too much buses that use the Kwinana Fwy from Canning Hwy to Elizabeth Quay and hence it can create congestion on the road. Passengers can get off at Canning Bridge Station and hop on a train to Elizabeth Quay.
Shoudy Chen

Postby Merc1107 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm

os91 wrote:114: Truncate to Hamilton hill, increase frequency on route 531 (short services terminating where the 114 currently terminates). The 114 could be re-routed via Canning Highway instead of Marmion/Risley Street. Perhaps Canning Highway needs a limited stops route more than Marmion Street? A problem may be that it would make it harder for 114 passengers to get to Garden City.

The problem with the 531 at the mid-point of the run through Munster is it takes too long to get anywhere (and is evidenced by its patronage figures from last year). You're faced either with the run through the back of Spearwood to access Freo, or the milk run through Beeliar/Success to access Cockburn. The 114 connects nicely to Rockingham Road services (as well as the convergence point of several runs at Hamilton Hill Hall), and provides the link to Garden City as you say. You'd be surprised how busy the 114 is in peak servicing Carrington & Marmion St.
Merc1107

Postby Off The Rails » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 pm

I disagree on the Cannington to Garden City route, considering that it use to be a run which was then deleted a few years ago from a lack of patronage.

Cheers! :wink:
Part of a 8 person trek to Mongolia, during July 2016.
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Off The Rails

Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Postby os91 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Merc1107 wrote:The problem with the 531 at the mid-point of the run through Munster is it takes too long to get anywhere (and is evidenced by its patronage figures from last year). You're faced either with the run through the back of Spearwood to access Freo, or the milk run through Beeliar/Success to access Cockburn.

That is a very good point! Perhaps a new route could be created running through the current 532 route between Fremantle and Hamilton Hill, and then the current 531 route between Hamilton Hill to Pheonix Shopping Centre to terminate at Phoenix Shopping Centre. Then both the 531 and 532 could be rerouted ad would have direct routes to and from Freo via Rockingham Road and Hampton Road. The 531 would have a direct route between Freo and Newton Street, so the 114 could be truncated. However, I’m not convinced that the time savings for the 531/532 would be enough to justify a whole new route, plus there would then be a lot of routes on Rockingham Road.

Just another small idea. The 501 is very close the Transperth’s definition of a “High Frequency Route” (every 15 mins 7-7 weekdays, 8-7 Sat, 9-7 Sun). The only time it falls short is Saturday and Sunday evening services, where the 15 min frequency finishes around 6:30 and 5:30 respectively. In each direction, only 1 more Saturday evening and 3 more Sunday evening services are needed to qualify the 501 as a “High Frequency Route”. I don’t know how busy the 501 weekend evening services are, but if they have a decent amount of people, then the 501 converted to another 900s route would be a good addition to the High Frequency service network with only a relatively small increase in service needed.
os91

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Perth / WA