• Advertisement

new bus conversion

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.

new bus conversion

Postby smokie » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:17 pm

G/day we have just brought a Scania K92 to convert and just wondering is it worth getting it put over the pits at regency park first without the seats and get it rego as a panel van and then fitting it out or fit it our first then get it done cheers
smokie

Re: new bus conversion

Postby kelvin12 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:31 am

Guess its a matter of choice p/v or fitting up then m/h rego. I suppose if you have to move it around a bit to do what work you have planned then maybe the p/v rego. But if you are doing a roof raise then you wouldn't be driving it around so the initial rego would be a waste of money.

Dirk
kelvin12

Favourite Vehicle: Austral, King of the Outback

Postby Denv12 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:45 pm

You should contact them and explain what you are trying to do.Find out what constitutes a motorhome.That way you know that you'll have to remove the seats and have certain equipment in it before its approved for registration as a motorhome.You can then take the remainder of the conversion from there.You'll need to visit the office,or ring the, at Regency Park and get detailed information on what you need.They shoul;d tell you what you have to do.At least remove most of the seats.
Denv12

Postby smokie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 am

have spoken to rego people and they said it will have to go over the pits first time with all the unwanted removed and will give me a list of things they want fixed then take it back after that and will give me panel van rego
. once fitted out it has to go back for two more trips over the pits at $156 a time plus permits and rego and loss of time from work wow they know how to make money
smokie

Postby Denv12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 pm

smokie wrote:have spoken to rego people and they said it will have to go over the pits first time with all the unwanted removed and will give me a list of things they want fixed then take it back after that and will give me panel van rego
. once fitted out it has to go back for two more trips over the pits at $156 a time plus permits and rego and loss of time from work wow they know how to make money

At least you know what you need.Its a step in the best direction.Your rego cost will be cheap for now.Once you get the conversion process underway you'll be a lot better off.Just dont give them anything to fault.
Denv12

Postby kelvin12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:18 pm

$156 is reasonable, $400 a time in NSW

Dirk
kelvin12

Postby Denv12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:18 pm

kelvin12 wrote:$156 is reasonable, $400 a time in NSW

Dirk

I forgot to ask,when you get registered as a panel van,is it still considered a commerical vehicle like other vans? Back in the 70s ford,Holden and Chrysler made their respective vans.If you bought one of the "Touring Vans" like the Falcon "Sundowner" and Holden "Sandman" and Valiant "Drifter",these werent commercial vehicles but were alowed to be registered as "touring vans.I had both the XB and XC vans.
Denv12

Postby kelvin12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Never had panel vans, had enough trouble with overley worried fathers as it was.....Lol. Don't know what the rego differences would be for p/v or m/h. I haven't got to the ready for rego stage as yet but there is an RMS site that might be able to give you some idea. Can't find the link in my bookmarks but if you google it you should find it OK. There have been some recent changes to stamp duties, (that's the killer one) and the likes so might be worth looking into it.

Dirk
kelvin12

Postby kelvin12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:31 pm

OK found the link, see how you go here... http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/registration/ ... pduty.html Bit complicated to use and follow as normal with government sites but should be in here somewhere.

Dirk
kelvin12

• Advertisement

Return to Bus to motorhome discussions