• Advertisement

The Hammer Must Go Down

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.

The Hammer Must Go Down

Postby dropbear68 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm

She who must occassionally be obeyed is on my case now to finish the bus, shes been reading my caravan touring books so now Im for it, she is determined we are going to Port Arthur in Tassie for the first run, Im ok with this but I need some devine intervention by jesus himself to help square this up by xmas time, I cant see it happening but u never know, in between heart attacks Ill get into it, my job this week is to get some light wieght person up on the roof and scrape all the moss and lichen of the roof give it a sand down, then we can run some seam sealer over the joins and give her 3 coats of white killrust enamel, this has to be done now, then I can sort the window seals and give some thought to painting the rest of the oputside I have re rivetted the old girl with all new stainless rivets, least if I get her painted Ill feel better and its a major chunk done, fair bit of mechanical work to do, full engine service, check and replace unis, one front spring pack is cracked but have replacement, check replace shocks, front wheel bearings, seals and overhaul the wheel cylinders and check the linings.

Also need to do the rear axel seals, rear cylinders and linings etc, replace any ratty flexi brake hoses, replace all the vacum hoses to the boosters under neath, new 2.5 inch free flowing exhaust, diff oil change, gearbox oil change, radiator stripped rodded out and re soldered, might kit the water pump, every single hose and belt will go, im fitting a Stromberg BOV2 of an XD Ford onto it purely for relaibility I hate Solex stuff, I have a new elec fuel pump so the mechanical pump can go bush and go a nice big water/ fuel filter with cannister so can be serviced easily, got hold of an electonic ignition conversion for it, got 2 55 AMP allts to fit to the engine and change it all to positive earth and do some electric upgrades, marine air horns, upgrade the wiper motors, fit new halogen inserts and 100watt globes, spots and fogs, new marker lights on the roof the list goes on and on, see why I need jesuses help lol.
dropbear68

Re: The Hammer Must Go Down

Postby Darwin Lindsay » Sun May 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Good luck Dude, By Xmas, Which year
Darwin Lindsay

Re: The Hammer Must Go Down

Postby kelvin12 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:38 am

Jeez and I thought I still had heaps to do.

Dirk
kelvin12

Favourite Vehicle: Austral, King of the Outback

• Advertisement

Return to Bus to motorhome discussions