Water Tank Time

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
dropbear68

Water Tank Time

Post by dropbear68 »

As said elsewhere Ive got my tank a big 200 litre honey drum which is plastic and half an inch think and has nice reo ribs around it and several bungs and a nice big centre cap that screws on, only prob is wont fit under bus, not a prob for a industrious lad like me so I dug a hole under the bus and rolled the drum under it to test fitting spot and where things will be fitted and hung etc got the water inlet fitting today so Ill fit that during the week and fit the water outlet fitting, my question here is the best way to ssuspend the drum under the bus body, I thought about about straps and also using some rolled angle iron and threaded rod, it will have an alloy bash plate under it to protect from staking etc, I really dont want the thing to drop whilst tootling down the road I imagine this would ruin my day and a full 200 litre drum of water wouldnt squash easily under the back tyres lol :lol:
jasonjason
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster

Re: Water Tank Time

Post by jasonjason »

could be a hilarious site for someone traveling behind lol
I reckon some 40x3mm flat bar bent around the drum would hold it up :)
dropbear68

Post by dropbear68 »

What do squash easily is bunnys and cats lol, your idea sounds like a goer jason
dropbear68

Post by dropbear68 »

Had a fun Bunnings day today, I aquired all the fittings needed for the water tank, the inlet and outlet, filter, what I am running is a water pipe that allows me to use outside water supply instead of tank, this is merely an inside tap with a pipe through the floor and a right angle to just under the b us side with a tap thread, so I merely conect a garden hose for the out side tap to the connection under the bus and I can save my tank water, gonna make the mounts this week and rubber pad them and we will screw it up under the bus and run the plumbing up through the floor for the sink mixer,

Grey water is next, what I need to know here guys is what is the outlet required for emptying the tank, think Im using another honey drum for this, pointless having a piddly little grey water tank
dropbear68

Post by dropbear68 »

Tank is now cleaned, all fittings fitted , brackets made, I have a question, inside i have two taps, one tap is simply attached to a pipe which goes through the floor and comes out just under the bus this has a male tap fitting, this is so I can just hook a hose from local supply to the fitting under the bus and have straight tap water
The second tap will be connected to the tank water, note theres hot water here, the tap unit I have has a simple plastic flap u push and out comes the water fine for mains pressure but I dont got mains pressure, I have a 12v pump that pumps gallon per minute, how can I work it so I have water on demand when the flap is pushed without having to flick a switch or use a floor mounted switch? my dad in law suggested fitting a momentary action switch under the flap so when u push it for water it activates the switch and in turn engages the pump. Any other ideas? I even thought about flicking the pumop and using a hand pump caravan type set up
dropbear68

Post by dropbear68 »

Dug a bloody great hole today to get the tank under the bus, had to dock the exhaust pipe and remove a couple of added on angle supports for the wheel well backing, tank fits inthere like a glove, so will prop it up with bricks tomorrow and make the straps. Very happy with the condition of the steel under neath, no rust at all

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”