HELP MAN SL200

Discussions regarding bus to motorhome conversions are welcome here.
WELLS8663

HELP MAN SL200

Post by WELLS8663 »

CAN ANYONE SELL ME A COPY of MAN sl200 MANUAL - ?

Also where do I find the engine model/type on 1983 MAN sl200 bus?

IN FACT i NEED TO FIND ALL IDENTIFIERS??

Sorry to be a pain............i'm a newbie.............I have ex Adelaide MAN SL200 FR BUS - NUMBER WAS 2464.
Sidey44
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster

Re: HELP MAN SL200

Post by Sidey44 »

Also where do I find the engine model/type on 1983 MAN sl200 bus?
If you have liftable floor panels,pull up the large panel to expose the donk and at the rear of the engine there is a rectangular plate.
Thats where Ive found all ours.
As for a manual,Im looking at getting a copy soon from another spanneryman so Ill see if I can get you one aswell.
Your donkey is broken....you want your parts when!!!
purpledecker

Post by purpledecker »

Hi,
Engine number is on top of the engine at the very rear edge, ie. above and a bit to the left of the harmonic balancer. Will likely be covered in muck. D2566 200hp series with a ZF4hp500 transmission.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

purpledecker wrote:Hi,
Engine number is on top of the engine at the very rear edge, ie. above and a bit to the left of the harmonic balancer. Will likely be covered in muck. D2566 200hp series with a ZF4hp500 transmission.
I am in the middle of coping onto DVD a M.A.N. SL 200 operators Manual of 80 pages. They will be ready next month if anyone else wants a copy,
Guy Arab
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Guy_Arab wrote:
purpledecker wrote:Hi,
I am in the middle of coping onto DVD a M.A.N. SL 200 operators Manual of 80 pages. They will be ready next month if anyone else wants a copy,
Guy Arab
Further to this message DVD of MAN SL 200 bus and coach operators manual is now available if you use my personal email for your interest
Guy Arab
DanMK1

Post by DanMK1 »

Guy

I would be very much interested in a dvd copy of the manual I tried the PM however as I am sort of new here it didn't give me the option

My Bus is MK1 sl200 ex National #141 currently under motor home conversion

Cheers

Dan
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Private email sent to you
Guy Arab
royalaxe

Post by royalaxe »

hi guy Arab. im in a fix. i found the circuit breaker panel behind the drivers seat of my sl200 and have had a fiddle!. now after a time the low pressure warning buzzer and red strobe start up for no reason. HALP~! could i get a copy of the workshop manual please? email is evanshead@hotmail.com.
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

royalaxe wrote:hi guy Arab. im in a fix. i found the circuit breaker panel behind the drivers seat of my sl200 and have had a fiddle!. now after a time the low pressure warning buzzer and red strobe start up for no reason. HALP~! could i get a copy of the workshop manual please? email is evanshead@hotmail.com.
I sent private email to you Manual is available on disk
Guy Arab
Romen2

Post by Romen2 »

Hello Guy_Arab,
My name is Russell, my family and I are living in our SL200 that we have converted, it has taken five years, lots of learning curves!. I know my bus inside out but I am wondering if you still have any copies of the owners manual, I have a complete motor rebuild manual and a tech manual for the Renk auto, neither of which are on disk. Would be great to get a copy. I have even reinstalled the gearbox controller after pulling it out and cutting the cable to the box, had to solder each tiny wire back together, 36 in all from memory.
aliruss3@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you
Cheers[
DOING IT OUR WAY!
itsme230

Post by itsme230 »

Hi All
I have purchased a man SL200 ex brisbane bus. Number 971. If a manual is available i would be more than happy to pay for 1. I need to find out what all the items on the dash are as a lot have lost ID etc. Some lights are on all the time. Also, if anyone could explain the gearbox. After a fair bit of surfing on the net i believe it to be a 4 speed Voitch auto. How do these work if you are going down a steep decline and you are supposed to engage low gear? Do you just rely on the air brakes or do you need to have modifications done? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Ken
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

itsme230 wrote:Hi All
I have purchased a man SL200 ex brisbane bus. Number 971. If a manual is available i would be more than happy to pay for 1. I need to find out what all the items on the dash are as a lot have lost ID etc. Some lights are on all the time. Also, if anyone could explain the gearbox. After a fair bit of surfing on the net i believe it to be a 4 speed Voitch auto. How do these work if you are going down a steep decline and you are supposed to engage low gear? Do you just rely on the air brakes or do you need to have modifications done? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Ken
I have sent personal email for you I can help you
Guy Arab
Romen2

Post by Romen2 »

Hi Ken,
we are currently travelling in our SL200, mine has the 3 speed renk auto. I am not sure about the four speed but our's has a electric brake I suppose you might call it. After applying the brakes if i let the pedal up but keep the brake light lit on the dash it will slow the bus down greatly as long as the light is kept on. The brakes are not being applied at this time so you are not riding the brakes.
I have had extensive experience .with the wiring on the box as I accidently cut and ripped out all the gearbox control wirng thinking it was to do with signange control. I have had to piece it back together and used photos of another to put wires back where they belong.
Anyway romenfree@gmail.com, if i can help I will
Cheers
Russell
DOING IT OUR WAY!
joanne o'halloran

Post by joanne o'halloran »

hi all,can anyone tell me the correct ltrs in the sump of sl 200 man i think its 240 hp,and renk 3 speed. could do with engine and trans manuals if any avalible. CHEERS J
Keyesy06
Favourite Vehicle: Man sl 200

Post by Keyesy06 »

Hey all also new to this and can't pm for a copy of the manuals, just wondering if any one knows where I can get one from.
Cheers. #148
Keyesy06

Post by Keyesy06 »

Hey all just purchased my self an sl200 and no idea what everything on the dash just wondering if someone knew where I could get one from. I have an ex national #148
Cheers
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Keyesy06 wrote:Hey all just purchased my self an sl200 and no idea what everything on the dash just wondering if someone knew where I could get one from. I have an ex national #148
Cheers
Two emails sent private to you one includes layout of your dash
Guy Arab ( Ric )
Keyesy06

Post by Keyesy06 »

Guy_Arab wrote:
Keyesy06 wrote:Hey all just purchased my self an sl200 and no idea what everything on the dash just wondering if someone knew where I could get one from. I have an ex national #148
Cheers
Two emails sent private to you one includes layout of your dash
Guy Arab ( Ric )
Hey nothing has come through on my end yet.
Keyesy06

Post by Keyesy06 »

Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

We have the email address recorded as ryan.keyes6@hotmail.com ie not a capital letter for the first letter. I have just sent a test message to that email address - it has so far not been rejected. I have asked you to acknowledge it if you receive it.
Living in the Shire.
macpro622776

Post by macpro622776 »

Fleet Lists wrote:We have the email address recorded as ryan.keyes6@hotmail.com ie not a capital letter for the first letter. I have just sent a test message to that email address - it has so far not been rejected. I have asked you to acknowledge it if you receive it.
Email and web addresses aren't case sensitive, so it shouldn't be a simple problem like that.

EDIT: It appears web addresses can be case sensitive depending on the server used - Windows servers are not case sensitive while Unix-based servers are.
Last edited by macpro622776 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keyesy06

Post by Keyesy06 »

Yes I received it
Keyesy06

Post by Keyesy06 »

I also can not operate the doors, if anyone has idea on where to start that would be great thanks. They work with the override switch but from no where else
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

macpro622776 wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote:We have the email address recorded as ryan.keyes6@hotmail.com ie not a capital letter for the first letter. I have just sent a test message to that email address - it has so far not been rejected. I have asked you to acknowledge it if you receive it.
Email and web addresses aren't case sensitive, so it shouldn't be a simple problem like that.
Thanks for that info - they certainly used to be case sensitive when I was first doing html programming some 10 years ago but not now as I tried it..
Living in the Shire.
Baiwah

Post by Baiwah »

Hi looking for a manual for a 1977 Man - don't know much about it yet. Need to change water pump urgently - thanks

Return to “Bus to motorhome discussions”