Which company to work for?

Information about employment in the Transport Industry, job advertisements etc.
Please use the relevant State icon when posting.

Moderators: Ken, MAN 16.242

Driver6M

Which company to work for?

Post by Driver6M »

Hi everyone

I am looking to change career and enter the transport industry as a bus driver. Does anyone have an opinion about which bus company and or depot would be the best to work for, ie the best salary, working hours and working environment ? I live in the NE suburbs of Melbourne. I am considering obtaining a HR non syncro license as I love a challenge and also have the option of truck driving in future (would a non syncro license be frowned upon as I'm guessing its not needed?). Any information appreciated, thank you very much.
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

Re: Which company to work for?

Post by funbus »

Hello,

Its definitely good to have your non syncro licence, as even though all those types of buses are being phased out, It shows that you must have good driving abilities to obtain it, and you are employable in any circumstances to drive any bus.

Its worth getting a bit of experience with some smaller tour bus or party bus operators just to build up experience and get paid some good money along the way.

:D
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
Driver6M

Post by Driver6M »

Hi Funbus

Thanks for your views on entering the transport industry, every bit of advise helps.
Alstom 888M

Post by Alstom 888M »

While I know that some companies will train you to get an MR license in-house, I got mine myself along with my DC and WWCC. It shows you are keen and willing to put the effort in.
All my posts on this board represents my personal views and opinions only. They may not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or values of those of my family, friends, colleagues, or employer.
Driver6M

Post by Driver6M »

Thanks Alstom. I'll get every license and check before applying. Seems like the best thing to do.

Return to “Employment in the Transport Industry”