1977 Toyota Coaster-Converted&Registered in WA moving to VIC

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Post Reply

1977 Toyota Coaster-Converted&Registered in WA moving to VIC

Post by Torirosaleen »

Hi everyone,

I hope I’m in the right place and I hope someone can help. I’m looking at buying and already converted Toyota Coaster 4x4 conversion. It’s registered in WA as a motorhome. The problem is I live in VIC and will be there for 6 months before I set off around the country.

I know that WA is probably the most laid back when it comes to vehicles so I’m worried about what they are going to need/want in VIC for it to be registered/pass roadworthy.

Can anyone tell me what the process will be please.

All help/advice is much appreciated

Tori R

Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 am

Re: 1977 Toyota Coaster-Converted&Registered in WA moving to

Post by Jeffscania »

Hi there, you will require a Roadworthy certificate in Vic, an engineers report if the vehicle has not been properly certified or had modifications relating to seating or anything structural (Check for Modified Compliance plate) a gas compliance certificate from a licensed plumber. An electrical safety certificate will most likely be requested before a RWC is issued

Post Reply

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”