Just introducing myself to your group and a quick question

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Nomadicfrog

Just introducing myself to your group and a quick question

Post by Nomadicfrog »

Firstly my name's Glenn . I have just bought myself and the cook a GMC PD4107 that's been refitted to a motorhome .. For a old girl she is a real pleasure to drive. Good fun actually .
My min problem so far is the VIN Number . WhY I can u understand is the coach number is vin . Not according to NSW RMS . my old girl doesn't exist even though it's been registered in Australia since the 70s . Can anyone give me any guidance I'd love to put a heap more miles on her . Also replacement parts . Anything id appreciate heap
Cheers
Thanks heaps for have in your group
Glenn
rustbucket

Re: Just introducing myself to your group and a quick questi

Post by rustbucket »

Been rego'd that long it was the days before VIN's, so chassis number takes the place, that's what we have done with VP
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Quite possible it has never been registered in NSW, Ansett had them all over the country. But Murrays had a few of them on NSW TV plates here in the 1980s. TV-448 and TV-503 I know, I'd have to hunt around to find numbers of the others. Most of Murrays collection was registered in the ACT. If you have an Ansett fleet number, that would help.

What is the "bus number" you have? Is it an official GM builders plate attached to the bus? Problem is they don't have a "chassis", it is more a body with mechanical bits hanging off each end. Sometime it helps to just stamp some numbers on the frame in a visible place and tell RMS they are the chassis number. It doesn't have to be in VIN format.

There is a General Motors Coach Fans page on FB, also a few forums in the USA, where you could get more "experienced" knowledge about them.

The 4107 is a wonderful bus to drive, enjoy it.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

There is also a local Flxible Clipper etc FB page where you would probably get some help
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... red%20fans
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”