Express body, Perkins motor & Eaton gearbox

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
ashmenz0

Express body, Perkins motor & Eaton gearbox

Post by ashmenz0 »

Hi
I have purchased a "1998 International" (according to rego papers) bus for conversion to a motorhome.

It has a Perkins Phaser 210Ti engine, 7 speed Eaton syncro gearbox and an Express Coach body.

I am trying to find out info on the power steering. Can anyone suggest what the make of the power steering may be?

Thanks

Ash
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Re: Express body, Perkins motor & Eaton gearbox

Post by CCCC »

ashmenz0 wrote:Hi
I have purchased a "1998 International" (according to rego papers) bus for conversion to a motorhome.

It has a Perkins Phaser 210Ti engine, 7 speed Eaton syncro gearbox and an Express Coach body.

I am trying to find out info on the power steering. Can anyone suggest what the make of the power steering may be?

Thanks

Ash
Probably Iveco delta chassis , don't think there has been an International bus since the late 70's early 80's , most back then were front engine jobs , great brakes and the easiest power steering.
ashmenz0

Re: Express body, Perkins motor & Eaton gearbox

Post by ashmenz0 »

Hi CCCC
It does have Iveco on the steering wheel, so that would make sense.
Does this mean the power steering would be Iveco Delta?
It has the wanders and there seems to be some play in the box i.e. the steering column turns a bit before the pitman arm moves. I want to see what's involved id adjusting it up a bit.
Ash

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”