starting issues - MAN SL200

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Tobie Neczypor

starting issues - MAN SL200

Post by Tobie Neczypor »

Hi all, i am converting a 1982 SL200 (ex SA transport). i have hit a road block. after removing the back door, passenger stop buttons and the fair box wiring...... she wont start. speedo flies to 100ks ( I wish) some idiot light come on and off and the fuse box clicks but doesn't trip fuses. my question is, are all the fuse boxes wired the same way? if so, will pulling the fuses for the removed items fix the issue? If so, does anyone have a diagram of the fuse box because most of the stickers telling me what fuses are what, fell off years ago by the look.
I would very much appreciate some info on this. If i have to re-wire the ignition I am prepared to do this, as long as I can source a wiring schematic.
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Re: starting issues - MAN SL200

Post by DiAmOnD T »

Not familiar with those specific ones, but other makes/models often have a rear safety switch on the engine door to stop the bus starting while someone is working on it. Could you have possibly disturbed this, or opened the rear hatch and not shut it properly?
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Tobie Neczypor wrote:Hi all, i am converting a 1982 SL200 (ex SA transport). i have hit a road block. after removing the back door, passenger stop buttons and the fair box wiring...... she wont start. speedo flies to 100ks ( I wish) some idiot light come on and off and the fuse box clicks but doesn't trip fuses. my question is, are all the fuse boxes wired the same way? if so, will pulling the fuses for the removed items fix the issue? If so, does anyone have a diagram of the fuse box because most of the stickers telling me what fuses are what, fell off years ago by the look.
I would very much appreciate some info on this. If i have to re-wire the ignition I am prepared to do this, as long as I can source a wiring schematic.
email me for wirrng data free
Guy Arab
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Guy_Arab wrote:
Tobie Neczypor wrote:Hi all, i am converting a 1982 SL200 (ex SA transport). i have hit a road block. after removing the back door, passenger stop buttons and the fair box wiring...... she wont start. speedo flies to 100ks ( I wish) some idiot light come on and off and the fuse box clicks but doesn't trip fuses. my question is, are all the fuse boxes wired the same way? if so, will pulling the fuses for the removed items fix the issue? If so, does anyone have a diagram of the fuse box because most of the stickers telling me what fuses are what, fell off years ago by the look.
email me for wirrng data free
Guy Arab
I sent you what you require by email
Guy Arab
Tobie Neczypor

Post by Tobie Neczypor »

DiAmOnD T wrote:Not familiar with those specific ones, but other makes/models often have a rear safety switch on the engine door to stop the bus starting while someone is working on it. Could you have possibly disturbed this, or opened the rear hatch and not shut it properly?
OK, i DID feel like a dork for a moment then, as yes, i did have to door open, and yes i remember it having the safety switch. But sadly that wasn't all. it has stoped the click in the fuse box though. cheers!
Tobie Neczypor

Post by Tobie Neczypor »

Thank you very much Guy, they are perfect!
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Adelaide had a very meticulous way of wiring. If you can come across a body wiring diagram, hold on to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guy_Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

mrobsessed wrote:Adelaide had a very meticulous way of wiring. If you can come across a body wiring diagram, hold on to it.

I have wiring data plus all repairs data of motors ( MAN ) from Germany factory not available in Australia
Guy Arab
Tobie Neczypor

Post by Tobie Neczypor »

the more I look, the more connections I find with no tracer number on them, I feel I will end up re wiring her!
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Guy_Arab wrote:
mrobsessed wrote:Adelaide had a very meticulous way of wiring. If you can come across a body wiring diagram, hold on to it.

I have wiring data plus all repairs data of motors ( MAN ) from Germany factory not available in Australia
Guy Arab
I'm thinking not so much the chassis/motor wiring as the body wiring which can be nothing like what the manufacturer intended.

Tobie Neczypor

Post by Tobie Neczypor »

With X-mas and new year to sort out, I haven't looked at the bus since asking you guys for help. I should get a chance after next weekend, and ill let you all know if it was just my stupidity in not closing the engine door. (if only it ends up that easy!) Again, thanks Guy for your diagrams, and to anyone else for the advice. I only hope I get the chance to share some knowlage, and pay it forward!
PoweredByCNG
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O 405

Post by PoweredByCNG »

Do you by any chance still have the wiring and power supply for the ticket machines?
Proud owner of ex-Transperth 1042 and ex-Transperth 1114.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”