leyland wordmaster

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
mr.hall

leyland wordmaster

Post by mr.hall »

Hi all.

I have a leyland worldmaster which started out as a 1956 bus (VIN: 561739) and was re-bodied in 1982. I was wondering if anyone knows what mechanical stuff would have been done at the same time as the body? I know it has modern(ish) air brakes and power steering ram but I would like to know everything that would have been upgraded or refurbished at the time.

Also I need to find a workshop manual for the 680 engine.

Any mechanical info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: leyland wordmaster

Post by Fleet Lists »

Baxters Bus Lines - Girraween
Fleet Number 51
Registration m/o 7200
Chassis Type Leyland Worldmaster ERT1/1
Chassis No 561739
Body Manufacturer Custom Coaches
Body No 82-332
Body Date 25/11/82
Status Withdrawn
Seating Codes RB55D
Notes ex Delwood Coaches, Villawood m/o 7200 4/92; Rebody ex UTA 1754.
Sold to Kalamunda Bus Service, WA - later noted with an unknown charter operator as TC 4133 11/08.
Living in the Shire.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

There were no "standards" for upgrading chassis in those days, each operator made their own choices to suit their needs.

Most likely the diff has been changed for a higher ratio, possibly even the whole rear end changed.

Contact member "Guy Arab", he has a lot of old manuals available on CDs. Otherwise keep looking on eBay for your manual, they do come up fairly often in the UK
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
mr.hall

Post by mr.hall »

Thats great thanks for all the info.
I contacted someone on ebay who was selling a manual so hopefully its the one I need

checked the diff and it is a high ratio so should be alright on the open road (after I get the cracks welded up) :shock:

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”