help 0305 merc

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
scotty

help 0305 merc

Post by scotty »

HI all just been stupid enough to purchase my first bus ! a 1980ish 0305 mercedes bus 18 liter straight six
i am going to store about 5 tonne of old woodworking machinery in there for about six months then use said machinery to fit it out as a movable wood shop for teaching children and young adults .
i am ok with basic mechanics and restoring old machinery, but need urgent advice on what to check and do first before moving the bus after sitting for 8 years as a home for 5 people . it is stripped out i have got it going and driven it about 10 meters just to check transmission .
i have to move it this week 30 kms up steep and down steep hills to the farm i rent where my shed is

should i drop oil and replace
should i change transmission oil
any tips on checking air brakes
and air suspension
tips on working underneath and especially warnings of what not to do !!

will try and post some images

scott
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: help 0305 merc

Post by boronia »

Advisable to change all fluids and filters (engine, transmission, cooling and fuel).

Once running, check air system (brakes and suspension) for leaks. Drain water from tanks. See how long it will hold pressure.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”