Just starting out

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Tropdoug

Just starting out

Post by Tropdoug »

Hi everyone

My name is Doug, living in Brisbane. My partner and I are just starting to consider whether to do a bus conversion or go large caravan. One of the things we must consider is park availability for up to 9mtr Bus. We want to live permanently in it, (or at least for a number of years) but move around the country, probably spending like, 3 months in an area and then moving on. We also have one difficulty which is owning a Border collie that could not be left behind. She is well trained but still I know some parks simply will not take dogs, which I understand completely. We don't anticipate doing any national park stuff, until after our Dog has passed on.

So my question is, can anyone give us advice on whether parks do longer term stays, and how feasible is it with a dog?
Thanks
kelvin12
Favourite Vehicle: Austral, King of the Outback

Re: Just starting out

Post by kelvin12 »

More and more parks are accepting dogs these days. They used to be in the minority but now you wouldn't have trouble at all. Rules are that dogs must be on a lead when outside which is a good thing really. There are some good publications, the Camps Book, and on line Wiki Camps app all give details of pet friendly parks. Plan ahead and ring the park to check the situation. National parks are of course out of the question.

Dirk

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”