Mad March Extra Tram and Bus services

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Mad March Extra Tram and Bus services

Post by jibb »

Adelaide Metro website has details of not only the extra tram services on Friday and Saturday nights staring from Friday 22nd February, and Sunday 10th March, but additional bus services on the O-Bahn.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... -transport
otto5013
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K320UB -Custom CB80 s.2

Re: Mad March Extra Tram and Bus services

Post by otto5013 »

Just a note about the car race and alterations .

The 147 went past us thismorning as we waited at the Hindmarsh Sq stop. It was out bound at 8.15am and turned into Pultney instead of going on to East Tce.

The reason we were waiting was because the electronic board was telling us to, up until the bus passed us and then the info re:147 just disappeared.

Same as for the 142, which I caught in lieu. The board indicating that 142 was due a minute after the 147 suddenly noted it was now due in an hour. Luckily however it turned up at it's proper time. A young lady further down Grenfell asked our driver where the 147 was.

The days when the city goes vibrant can be really chaotic, pub.transport wise.
That's the way the whole thing started, silly but it's true ...
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Stop G3 in Grenfell Street has 2 very large luminous pink signs (one on the electronic sign and one on the bus shelter) advising that from 25 Feb until 11 March the 147 does not service that stop and advises intending patrons to catch it at stop D2 in Pulteney St, about 100 metres away. You didn’t see either of these signs, especially if you were actually looking at the electronic board? Amazing.
otto5013

Post by otto5013 »

Thanks TT. The first place we look is the board itself and the board said they're on their way, as I noted.

Once that's clear then any other signage, amongst the myriad of advertising etc becomes an optional extra should it be noticed. I didn't see them but I normally catch this 147 at the Currie stop.

I noted recently 2 elderly German tourists at Port Station calling across to us, which platform for getting back to the city then bolting down the ramps when we told them.
Now each ramp has neat, little overhead signs at the bottom.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Port Adelaide station is so antiquated and ancient. If anything, a set of escalators and a lift should be installed to eliminate the lengthy walk up the ramps.

It may even be ideal to rebuild it below ground level. Could be done when/if the line is ever electrified.
TT

Post by TT »

I guess it wouldn’t take too much effort for AdMet to turn off the 147 notifications for that particular board for the period they’re not servicing it. You were lucky to find the electronic board working: they are so often out of order.
otto5013

Post by otto5013 »

The new, upgraded Port station is a great improvement on what was there earlier with a modern look to match those in the leafies.

Our biggest problem is vandalism so everything has to be "hardened" with this in mind and it's done well. But any fancy extras will be smashed. One of the new electronic boards below was out of action for 8 months shortly after being installed - not smashed, just black; the result of a heavy blow I guess.

There are cameras everywhere but i'm lead to believe no one to staff them.

Biggest new surprise is the sudden loss of paper timetables and holders from so many stops. Even stop E at Arndale, where our only express service 253/4X pulls up on outward, has no timetable since awhile. Removals between the Port and Arndale as well.

I presume it's because of the regular timetable alterations and the need to have subbies running around replacing them. But head across to the leafies and they're all up to date and plentiful.

Port Rd has timetables up that are 3 and 4 years out of date ; seen near Officeworks and further west inbound.

I realise Admet has to operate on a very lean budget and all in all we're damned lucky with what we've got.
Last edited by otto5013 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TT

Post by TT »

You’ll have a new “Port Dock” station to use soon.
otto5013

Post by otto5013 »

A welcome addition to bring the Port along but seeming to be a spur line to nowhere unless you're heading for the Courts, which are a popular destination.

But there's the Dock 1 development. The station might be like the one at Grange or Station Pier tram stop in Melbourne.

Vinnies is about to relocate around the corner into Commercial to try to get a bit more exposure.
otto5013

Post by otto5013 »

At Sept 2018, stop 33g on Grand Junction, Pennington.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-03-03-17-40-10-1.png
Screenshot_2019-03-03-17-40-10-1.png (161.84 KiB) Viewed 4532 times

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”