October Bus Timetable changes

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Re: October Bus Timetable changes

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:Good points TT but I'd presume it has to be the 14th so it ties in with the start of school term time driver rosters. Keep an eye on the AdMet site in the next day or two I'd say...
Generally new timetables don't come out until about 2 weeks before-so it could be Friday(Monday being a holiday) or possibly Tuesday. I would image drivers will find out at their respective depots of the changes in the next couple of days.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

The new Saints Road Shopping Centre in Salisbury Plains is due to open around summer time, many speciality stores and Foodland. Adelaide Metro and Southlink should consider increasing 415 and 430 services. Or even extend some 401/403/411 services to the new shopping centre.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
jibb

Post by jibb »

To increase services on these routes there needs to be a corresponding cut elsewhere as there is no funding for additional kilometres(this has been the case for several years now).
jibb

Post by jibb »

An other(minor) change in October will be the run/shift biscuit-currently each operation has their depot code(TT 1--4, LCB 1--6) I'm sure this will change to 1--9 ?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Doesn't look like any details of timetable changes are being announced today-maybe Tuesday next?
jibb

Post by jibb »

jibb wrote:Doesn't look like any details of timetable changes are being announced today-maybe Tuesday next?
Today not looking promising either ?
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Maybe the changes will now be later in the month?
bigrobbo

October Bus Timetable changes

Post by bigrobbo »

5AA led their 5:30am and 6:00am news about the changes due on the 18th (that’s what I thought I heard!!)

Three points.

- reducing the number of empty buses along Currie/Grenfell Sts
- 200 more buses a week servicing the NRAH
- improved services to the LMHS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jibb

Post by jibb »

According to the front page story in todays Advertiser the starting date is the 14th.
Magill Road services will see extra services and will become Route 106 and will through Route 167/168.
J1 services from Elizabeth to the Airport will be reintroduced. Service frequencies to the Airport and Harbour Town will also be increased.
There will be additional G10 services.
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

Adelaide Metro bus service changes Sunday 14 October 2018.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... tober-2018
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

I can imagine those 500-502 through runs to West Lakes suffering many late runnings
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

What is surprising about the timetable is that the name of the J1 timetable .pdf is still in the previous context. There is literally no mention of J1 or J2. Could get confusing for those who wish to load the .pdf on their phone.

And just for the hell of it, the B10 from Adelaide to West Lakes was previously known as the 113, not the 110. I see it as equivalent to (hypothetically) renaming the current G20/G21 to 220, and 221, or even the 210 and 211. I think it is an oversight on the DPTI's behalf.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Woo hoo. The J1 is now servicing LMHS. Golden Grove now has access to this hospital.

How many track buses are surplus to needs? M44, G40, J1/J2 and now 502 is being through-routed during the week.

We may see less track buses doing “silver” work on other routes like 300, G10/G20 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jibb

Post by jibb »

I believe that additional buses will be needed for the O-Bahn,at least 7 or 8 for 110 services through linked to 500,501,502 routes plus 4 or 5 for J1,J2 services.
Currently St Agnes has about 10 they use in peaks,whilst Morphettville has a couple.
Eurostar

Post by Eurostar »

After looking at the J1 and 500 routes. Rather than Elizabeth Station, Mountbatten Square, Elizabeth Way, Oxenham Drive, Gillingham Road, Elizabeth Way then Philip Highway, I think the J1 and 500 should just start and terminate at Elizabeth Centre

TO CITY

- Elizabeth Centre, Gillingham Road, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station, Elizabeth Way then Philip Highway, etc.

FROM CITY

- Philip Highway, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station, Elizabeth Way, Oxenham Drive to Elizabeth Centre.
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

Eurostar wrote:After looking at the J1 and 500 routes. Rather than Elizabeth Station, Mountbatten Square, Elizabeth Way, Oxenham Drive, Gillingham Road, Elizabeth Way then Philip Highway, I think the J1 and 500 should just start and terminate at Elizabeth Centre

TO CITY

- Elizabeth Centre, Gillingham Road, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station, Elizabeth Way then Philip Highway, etc.

FROM CITY

- Philip Highway, Elizabeth Way, Elizabeth Station, Elizabeth Way, Oxenham Drive to Elizabeth Centre.
I don’t get why there are so many bus routes that finish off at Elizabeth Station it would make sense if they did start/ finish at Elizabeth Centre the station is walking distance across the road anyway not that hard of a walk. :roll:
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
jibb

Post by jibb »

The 540/541 routes will service the RAH(not the 500/501/502 routes).
541 is now a full time route to the City and the RAH.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Crispy! wrote:
I don’t get why there are so many bus routes that finish off at Elizabeth Station it would make sense if they did start/ finish at Elizabeth Centre the station is walking distance across the road anyway not that hard of a walk.
This would be like West Lakes services finishing on West Lakes Boulevard instead of the interchange. Remember that the 900 skips Oxenham Drive and goes straight to the interchange. So where would you suggest terminating this one? Don't forget that passengers with mobility impairments would probably not appreciate having to walk from the centre across Elizabeth Way, whilst dodging traffic, all with 30 seconds or so before the train's due, as a result of a bus running late.

It would be an accident waiting to happen. It would certainly decrease patronage on buses which is what possibly what the DPTI want, but possibly not the enthusiast types. This suggestion could see a slightly less intense backlash that would be almost comparable to the closure of the railway from Hamilton Junction to Newcastle in NSW.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Crunchy! wrote:I don’t get why there are so many bus routes that finish off at Elizabeth Station it would make sense if they did start/ finish at Elizabeth Centre the station is walking distance across the road anyway not that hard of a walk. :roll:
Umm, how would that make more sense? Is your aim to kill off all patronage from non-captive users?

I couldn't think of anything worse if you were travelling at night. What could be better than being dumped in the deserted carpark of a closed shopping centre, to have to make your own way on foot through that lonely, windswept and deserted carpark to the railway station? It sounds very safe :twisted:
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

about time the buses were through linked again.I live in Payneham so it's a 1.5 km walk to klemzig station to get the new j1 to the airport.this year my brother booked me an uber although if I had known of this I would have said don't bother but the thought of rushing from work on the g10 and getting an o'bahn home and showering/getting ready and walking to the bus again with bags in tow was too rushed this time around.maybe next year if i can convince my mother not to do the parental pick up drop off or I can give her the keys to the holden and let her drive.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Torrens Transit will go back to having a small depot at Edinburgh,same place as in 2011.
nscaler69

Post by nscaler69 »

Adelaide Metro bus service changes Sunday 14 October 2018
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... tober-2018 I like how it's termed a 'Planned Disruption'.
But that is only the half of it, many other routes are having timetable tweaks.

Interestingly the W90/91 has some new asterisk's added at timetable time points, meaning - 'Times are approximate only. Bus does not have to wait until this time to depart stop'.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

nscaler69 wrote: 'Times are approximate only. Bus does not have to wait until this time to depart stop'.
Darwin have the same in their timetables. Most drivers just keep going. What's the point in calling them "timing points" if they're more of a suggestion and the bus could easily arrive several minutes earlier or later?

Or have I completely missed the point here?
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Approximate timing points are not new here, they already appear on quite a few timetables. Have a look at current 141 and 142 outbound on current timetable. And lots of city-terminating services have approximate time points in and near the city.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

I notice Southlink have no entries on that change list. Does that mean they're doing it better than the opposition?

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”