Good quality bus timetable app?

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Re: Good quality bus timetable app?

Post by Diesel_MAN »

The app refuses to rotate, unlike MyStops. The image is cropped due to forum guidelines.

Edit: uninstalling and reinstalling it made no difference.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

What version of the app have we all got? I have version 4.4.4, and when trying it earlier today, even following the instructions given, it wasn't showing vehicle details, just what was shown in the screenshot posted by Diesel_MAN earlier. Now however, it seems to be showing nothing at all, searching for any stop doesn't show any scheduled services.
PD2/20

Post by PD2/20 »

Diesel_MAN wrote:
jibb wrote: Go into settings and try "check for updates--check now".
That was one of the first things I did - it's all up-to-date.
I was having the same problem and tried updating. I eventually had to uninstall the app from the phone settings app page. I was then able to reinstall the updated version (4.4.5) with vehicle numbers. The previous version I had was 4.4.1.
Last edited by PD2/20 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diesel_MAN

Post by Diesel_MAN »

busrider wrote:What version of the app have we all got? I have version 4.4.4, and when trying it earlier today, even following the instructions given, it wasn't showing vehicle details, just what was shown in the screenshot posted by Diesel_MAN earlier. Now however, it seems to be showing nothing at all, searching for any stop doesn't show any scheduled services.
Same here; I'm on version 4.4.4. The app itself doesn't appear to have been updated in just over a month, but given that some people are apparently seeing this new feature, I don't know if that is the issue. I've tried everything I can think of to see this apparent new feature at this point.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

My phone automatically updated it today to 4.4.5. This may be the version that includes vehicle IDs. If you have an older version, this may be what's causing the problem.
jibb

Post by jibb »

TA3001 wrote:My phone automatically updated it today to 4.4.5. This may be the version that includes vehicle IDs. If you have an older version, this may be what's causing the problem.
Sorry I should have mentioned earlier in the day that the version was 4.4.5
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

According to the app store itself (at least what I can see), 4.4.4 is the most recent version, whether I look at it on the phone or on the computer. However, the Play Store on the phone says the last update was on March 7, whereas the Play Store on the computer says it was update on April 8, i.e. today. Perhaps 4.4.5 requires a more modern device than what I've got?
jibb

Post by jibb »

busrider wrote:According to the app store itself (at least what I can see), 4.4.4 is the most recent version, whether I look at it on the phone or on the computer. However, the Play Store on the phone says the last update was on March 7, whereas the Play Store on the computer says it was update on April 8, i.e. today. Perhaps 4.4.5 requires a more modern device than what I've got?
You require Android version 5 at least.
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

I have Android version 7, so I should be fine in that regard.
Diesel_MAN

Post by Diesel_MAN »

The update has rolled out now. Downloading the update from the Play Store gave me version 4.4.5. It's working great now. It's a lot simpler than MyStops, even if full timetables can't be checked.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Diesel_MAN wrote:The update has rolled out now. Downloading the update from the Play Store gave me version 4.4.5. It's working great now. It's a lot simpler than MyStops, even if full timetables can't be checked.
Pleased to hear you have been able to download the new version. I agree its much simpler than Mystops. It also shows both arrivals(ie at a City stop where it is terminating in the City or an Interchange where it is the last stop of that trip) and departures.
Any alterations by Adelaide Metro is automatically updated to the app.
jibb

Post by jibb »

A couple of good features of this app-it automatically updates on apps. Also the map when you look it up shows you the location of the bus where it is live.
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

I got the update for 4.4.5 today, however it still hasn't been showing me any results at all, no matter what I do.
jibb

Post by jibb »

busrider wrote:I got the update for 4.4.5 today, however it still hasn't been showing me any results at all, no matter what I do.
Have you downloaded any stops? Have you gone into to settings and checked they are correct?
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

Yes, I went into settings and did the stops update, and have been trying a bunch of random stops, and still nothing shows up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times as well, that hasn't helped either.
jibb

Post by jibb »

One problem I encountered initially was I also couldn't get anything--I am on Telstra NBN at home.
Whilst I was out the other day I tried downloading info on my Vodaphone mobile, and hey presto it worked.
Don't know if you are able to try something like that.
busrider
Administrator

Post by busrider »

Sure enough, I tried it using mobile data, and it works. The issue seems to be that it only works with mobile data, and not WiFi.
jibb

Post by jibb »

An update has taken place today to version 4.4.6
Go into Google Play store and update to get this version.
Go into settings on the app,scroll to the end and you will see an "Enthusiast" switch . To enable it
This will show all available fleet numbers for buses at whatever stop/stops you have chosen..
This is a good addition and speeds up the process.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

It's good to see that the creator did implement a useful feature as a result of my own feedback. But unfortunately, it seems to be impossible to update it to the latest version.

I've downloaded it from the Play store, tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice, and it still only updates to version 4.4.5. There is no inbuilt option to update the actual app from what I can tell.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Latest update of 'WheresDaBus" version 4.4.7. Should automatically update.
You can now change location of particular stops if you want to by pressing edit button and selecting a new location.
One thing I noticed during the Royal Show very few runs showed real-time or fleet numbers.
T3331
Favourite Vehicle: 3331

Post by T3331 »

Madbus wrote:Hi, I don't usually ride buses but I like spotting them every now and then and jot them down on a pad of paper. I'd like an app (preferably with fleet numbers) so I can schedule my bus spotting times. Does anybody know a good app for this on iOS?

Thanks,
Madbus
Try an app called 'ShouldIRun' for IOS. I use this and it has very reliable times but also the fleet numbers. You can only see the fleet numbers once the bus has started its route.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”