metroCARD announcement

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Eagle Eye

metroCARD announcement

Post by Eagle Eye »

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... at-savings

Cheaper travel, free metroCARDs and free group travel. Must be an election around the corner!
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: metroCARD announcement

Post by TA3001 »

I don't see a mention of a daily cap. This would be the most desirable 'improvement' regarding the card.

Too hard for them to implement, or do they just want every cent they can get from unsuspecting travelers?
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

What is it with you and a daily cap? Just buy a daytrip already.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

All the other cities do it, why not Adelaide? It'd be good for those who don't use public transport enough to warrant getting a 14 or 28 day pass. The Metrocard should never be more expensive than an equivalent paper ticket, yet if you're out and about all day, it can be. Buy a daytrip you say... But if I'm not carrying cash, then I can't really do that, unless I board a train or tram with a vending machine that accepts cards. I could go to an ATM or supermarket to get cash out before I get on the bus, but that's just another hassle. The Daily cap is something that should be pretty easy to implement, so I don't know why they haven't done it yet...
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

Just put a day cap of $10.20 on regular metrocards (and $5.10 on concessions) and it will be exactly same cost as buying a day trip ticket but a hell of a lot more convenient. Most if not all other Australian states have it. But then they also manage to have instant upload when you load money online on your Opal, Myki or whatever, not like Adelaide where they can only upload once a day at 9pm. Load some money on at 10pm and “suffer” all the next day. If you do it at a deli, newsagent it’s instant but not through the Adelaide Metro website. A bit prehistoric really.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Skexis wrote:What is it with you and a daily cap? Just buy a daytrip already.
It's been explained here a few times. If you read the messages in detail, you will see why I have mentioned this several times now.
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

Put $10.00 on my metro card on Friday, 21 September 2018 12:37:26 PM and still only got 32c on my card and I need it on Monday.
PD2/20

Post by PD2/20 »

I Follow PAFC wrote:Put $10.00 on my metro card on Friday, 21 September 2018 12:37:26 PM and still only got 32c on my card and I need it on Monday.
The AdMet website says
After recharging online, the value should be available at your first validation the next day (If the recharge is completed before 9pm, it will generally be available on your metrocard when you use it the next morning).

The validator will flash both green and yellow lights to indicate that the online recharge has been added to your metrocard. After recharging online, your updated balance and transaction history statement may take up to 24-48 hours to appear on your online metrocard account.
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

PD2/20 wrote:
I Follow PAFC wrote:Put $10.00 on my metro card on Friday, 21 September 2018 12:37:26 PM and still only got 32c on my card and I need it on Monday.
The AdMet website says
After recharging online, the value should be available at your first validation the next day (If the recharge is completed before 9pm, it will generally be available on your metrocard when you use it the next morning).

The validator will flash both green and yellow lights to indicate that the online recharge has been added to your metrocard. After recharging online, your updated balance and transaction history statement may take up to 24-48 hours to appear on your online metrocard account.
Thanks for that PD2/20
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Kindly ensure you carry enough cash to cover your fare in case the recharge has not worked. I'm now heartily sick of people who seem to think that they deserve a free ride simply because their card has insufficient balance.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”