[Jan/Feb 2018] SA Transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: [Jan/Feb 2018] SA Transport observations

Post by TA3001 »

Skexis wrote: Question should be, why do they have to announce the stations anyway? Are Adelaide fare paying passengers too dumb to work out which is their stop? And "gotten"? Are you American by any chance? The rest of us certainly are not.
You're complaining about the stations being announced when this discussion is referring to the style of the announcements.

I suspect as more random incidents occur worldwide, we'll see additional announcements at even louder volumes preceded by 'Attention please passengers!', and followed by 'Thank you for listening'. It will probably prevent at least one lawsuit, so be glad that there's only the current quantity. I think the DPTI would rather annoy the hell out of at least some passengers with them than be liable for a mishap that's a result of someone missing their station.

No I'm not a yank. My nationality is of no relevance to this discussion, so I'm not sure why you have even asked in the first place.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

It's interesting that 444's build date as listed in Fleet Lists is April 1993. If that's correct, shouldn't the bus be able to continue in service until the end of March?
thedom
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Post by thedom »

Eagle Eye wrote:It's interesting that 444's build date as listed in Fleet Lists is April 1993. If that's correct, shouldn't the bus be able to continue in service until the end of March?
Are you suggesting that regardless of a replacement low floor vehicle being available to take 444's place; that the high floor should remain in service for another month instead of a low floor... or do you suggest that both be run in service for a month benefiting one contractor to have an 'extra' bus for a month at no extra cost? Or could it be the margins of one contractor can't permit the double cost in its low operating margins?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Eagle Eye wrote:It's interesting that 444's build date as listed in Fleet Lists is April 1993. If that's correct, shouldn't the bus be able to continue in service until the end of March?

428 saw about 25 years and 3 months of service, so I don't think 444 will suddenly just self destruct into small pieces and crumble onto the road surface if it's around for a bit longer.
jibb

Post by jibb »

One of LCB's drivers posted this morning that he had the privilege of doing 444's last passenger service run,before it was retired.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

2MSJ wrote:Have just spotted 444 in service again today...!
I heard that it's doing it's last run today, with an enthusiast driver behind the wheel.
citadis203
Favourite Vehicle: 4000 Railcar

Post by citadis203 »

The new bus stop signs are popping up around the place. There is one in mawson lakes which is branded obahn but only 1 route, 5 days a week uses it and the rest are all southlink. I think the idea to brand the routes under North, obahn etc is a bit silly
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

Can't get into it because it is subscriber-only.
THE Port Dock bus interchange will be moved to stop it interfering with the Outer Harbor Greenway bike path after an intervention from Transport Minister Stephen Mullighan.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger ... 26729d28f2
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

citadis203 wrote:The new bus stop signs are popping up around the place. There is one in mawson lakes which is branded obahn but only 1 route, 5 days a week uses it and the rest are all southlink. I think the idea to brand the routes under North, obahn etc is a bit silly
I reckon the best solution for Mawson Interchange would be to remove any informative signage, and replace it with the 30c pieces of paper used at Paradise and TTP, with the information screen being located on the left platform facing either towards or away from Adelaide.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”