Availability of printed timetables from Currie St InfoCentre

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Availability of printed timetables from Currie St InfoCe

Post by Fleet Lists »

PD2/20 wrote:
jibb wrote:When you go to first of the 100 timetables it brings up the PDF,748kb - to enable you to print it off. You obviously need to update your computer or try another "100" PDF
Currently there seems to be a general problem on the website. 'No PDF Available' is being displayed on all bus, train and tram routes.
With at least three people having the same problem, I suspect there is something wrong with the website.

I have just tried various other routes and still have the problem and I have up to date software. I have tried with both Edge and Firefox with the same negative results.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Some local South Australian should contact Admet to see what is happening.
Living in the Shire.
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

Fleet Lists wrote:Some local South Australian should contact Admet to see what is happening.
I just called the InfoLine and apparently, it's a glitch that they are aware of.They can't contact their IT support service until Monday so no PDF's on some timetables until then
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I had also submitted a website feedback on this issue which now appears to have been resolved as far as I can see.

I have just received the following reply to my feedback
Thank you for your enquiry to the Adelaide Metro website.

Adelaide Metro recommend using the internet browser Google Chrome to view the website as some other browsers may not automatically update to the most recent version.

If you are still experiencing issues, please advise what timetables you require and we will be able to email you the link to these PDF’s.
Living in the Shire.
softgrow

Post by softgrow »

The availability at Currie Street was much better on Wednesday 21/1/2018. The 97/98/99 City Connector has now appeared in plentiful supply.

These were out of stock:
  • 300 Suburban Connector
  • 411 Salisbury-Mawson Interchange via Parafield Gardens
  • 544/M44 City-Golden Grove Village
  • 721,T721, N721 City-Noarlunga Centre Interchange via Main South Road
  • 724, 734 Colonnades Shopping Centre-Marion
  • B10 B11 Magill-West Lakes, Tennyson via Grange Road
  • M44 (Does this even exist?)
jibb

Post by jibb »

At Marion on Friday the timetable racks were less than 20% full-it has been run down(not filled) since Christmas. The timetable display units by the bus zones have not had timetables changed(since December 17th). I have sent 2 messages to DPTI,but so far nothing has happened.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

softgrow wrote:These were out of stock:
  • 544/M44 City-Golden Grove Village
  • M44 (Does this even exist?)
The M44 and 544 are shown on the same timetable.
softgrow

Post by softgrow »

:D :D :D No empty racks today :D :D :D
The M44 rack has the 544/M44 timetable, so its just a convenience thing so if you want 544 look between 543 and 544, if you wan M44 look between H33 and W90
jibb

Post by jibb »

Following is a message I received from DPTI re the future of printed timetables, I received the following reply;- " Adelaide Metro's need to print large amounts of timetables is being reduced in line with the State Government's commitment to modernise public services.
In regards to timetable racks at key locations, self-service kiosks will soon be installed that will print individual journeys. Reduced timetable stocks will continue to be available for those who do not have access to digital services. Passengers wishing to access timetables will be able to ring the Adelaide Metro infoline and order their timetable/s and the either go into the Currie Street Info Centre,or have them posted out".
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Mike M wrote: So true. Adelaide Metro has a decent network map on the website but it is too big to print on the average home printer or use on a phone. If it was available in print & sold for a modest price I'm sure they would sell plenty of copies. The same goes for the late & lamented Melbourne map which sold for $2.20 when last produced in 2006.
You can get the network map printed yourself at Officeworks, but it's not cheap due to the size. The map's page size sits between A0 (841mm x 1189mm) and A1 (584mm x 831mm) paper, so you would be looking at a minimum of $20 for printing.

In saying that it would be printed on heavyweight 160gsm paper, double the thickness of your standard printer paper, on a professional grade printer, so the results should be, at the very least, quite good.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”