[Nov/Dec 2017] SA Transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
nscaler69

Re: [Nov/Dec 2017] SA Transport observations

Post by nscaler69 »

I noticed yesterday two Port Depot buses with window advertising saying you are traveling in an eco bus with a website link.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

235/9 and 271/3 are North South routes there's a new bus contract area map - https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/conten ... 17_Web.pdf
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Saw another example tonight of a driver from that eastern suburbs planet (a TT depot) being blatantly unprofessional. He didn't get off as lightly as that time one of them screamed at a passenger during the 2016 blackout, but no major incident from my obs.

It's simple, don't confront strangers in aggressive and demanding tones if you're driving a bus.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Observed on my 251 this morning that all timetables have been removed from the stops.

Is this happening anywhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

bigrobbo wrote:Observed on my 251 this morning that all timetables have been removed from the stops.

Is this happening anywhere else?

payneham rd on most stops no longer have timetables on there.i have to rely on guess work to get me places.

TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

homer9000 wrote: payneham rd on most stops no longer have timetables on there.i have to rely on guess work to get me places.
Real time departures for each stop are available at http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au .
To access this info, you do the following:

-Type the stop you're at in the search bar
- It brings up results, with a pane showing stops that have identical or similar names (example - stops (with a number above listing how many). It is not case sensitive.
- After selecting stops, the stop you're at should appear within the list below.
- Select this and it shows the upcoming departures.

Alternatively, there is a free mobile app called TripMate lite. You can search for it and download it from https://play.google.com/store/apps . This app shows real time information at your fingertips, and you don't have to go to the AdMet website to view departures from the stop you're at.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

That works for me and most others.

It does not work for the poor lass with intellectual disabilities that was freaking out on the bus yesterday morning that the timetable had been removed.

Not saying she could have the ability to look up a timetable on line. She may be able to. She may not either.

jibb

Post by jibb »

The Transport Minister has announced today that Public Transport on Christmas Day will be free to all passengers.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... -transport
jibb

Post by jibb »

Interesting that timetables for 27-29 December reductions are identical to last year.
How come Torrens Transit operates to Saturday timetables with a few extra services on some routes,yet Light-City Buses and Southlink services are basic weekday services with a few peak hour services deleted on each route.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

jibb wrote:The Transport Minister has announced today that Public Transport on Christmas Day will be free to all passengers.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... -transport
Christmas present for me!! My 28 day pass finishes Christmas Eve!!

My Christmas Day, getting to lunch and dinner, is 7 buses and 2 trains!

jibb

Post by jibb »

You wont have time for Xmas lunch or dinner with that amount of travelling?
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Lucky lunch is at Greenwith and dinner at Andrews Farm! The 415/train/451 transfers are tight but should be ok on Christmas Day.

TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

1966 has entered service presumably at Mile End, and will no doubt be doing plenty of their 'premium service only' shifts for years to come...

Not really good news...
transenthusiast

Post by transenthusiast »

TA3001 wrote:1966 has entered service presumably at Mile End, and will no doubt be doing plenty of their 'premium service only' shifts for years to come...

Not really good news...
What do you exactly mean by 'premium services only'?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

transenthusiast wrote:
What do you exactly mean by 'premium services only'?
It's just my way of referring to shifts that have meal breaks at other depots, or in other words ones that continuously get buses that aren't seen by coords as being bottom of the barrel. Equivalent to weekend style dispatch.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

jibb wrote:Interesting that timetables for 27-29 December reductions are identical to last year.
How come Torrens Transit operates to Saturday timetables with a few extra services on some routes,yet Light-City Buses and Southlink services are basic weekday services with a few peak hour services deleted on each route.
It seems that O-Bahn services will be running to a Weekend and Public Holiday timetable on the 27-29th. The AdMet info line also confirmed this. Seems strange when O-Bahn timetables have special symbols for reduced weekday timetables between Christmas and New Year normally.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

TA3001 wrote:1966 has entered service presumably at Mile End, and will no doubt be doing plenty of their 'premium service only' shifts for years to come...

Not really good news...
Seems like 97A is a “Premium Service” ImageImage

jibb

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:
jibb wrote:Interesting that timetables for 27-29 December reductions are identical to last year.
It seems that O-Bahn services will be running to a Weekend and Public Holiday timetable on the 27-29th. The AdMet info line also confirmed this. Seems strange when O-Bahn timetables have special symbols for reduced weekday timetables between Christmas and New Year normally.

That is incorrect Light-City Buses have advised me that all their services will run to normal weekday timetables (except where indicated that those services don't run on those dates,and many X O-Bahn services will not run through to the City-rather one of the interchanges)
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

There seems to be a realtime issue at the moment. There is no RTI showing up on the AdMet website, or the app on my phone. I've checked multiple stops with the same result.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

TA3001 wrote:There seems to be a realtime issue at the moment. There is no RTI showing up on the AdMet website, or the app on my phone. I've checked multiple stops with the same result.
Me too. I thought it may be Vodafone or something.

busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

The web page shown on the decal on some buses such as 1905 now has some content on it: https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Ecobus/Home
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I noticed that the digital stops have no accessibility indicator on them.

Is this an anti-terrorism precaution, or something the DPTI just happened to overlook for no good reason?
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

From memory, the real time data didn't correctly show accessible/non accessible buses, it just showed everything as being accessible. That's probably why they haven't bothered with the accessibility indicator.
jibb

Post by jibb »

bigrobbo wrote:
TA3001 wrote:There seems to be a realtime issue at the moment. There is no RTI showing up on the AdMet website, or the app on my phone. I've checked multiple stops with the same result.
Me too. I thought it may be Vodafone or something.

Adelaide Metro have a message on their homepage advising that Real Time Services will be unavailable for the remainder of today.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

It is working again as of now.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”