Page 5 of 7

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:03 pm
by mmosca447
443 sighted on an M44 to Marion this afternoon on Marion Road

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm
by I Follow PAFC
TA3001 wrote:
I Follow PAFC wrote:That was a JOKE was on an Outer Harbor substitute bus today that got into the city at 9.50 and it had no low button for people in wheelchairs.


Was it that perfectly built Bustech numbered 1906? That is a disaster of a bus. Put in a complaint to the DPTI mentioning the vehicle in question along with the trip time and date, and they'll be more likely to follow it up then.


Think it was 1906. Have already post about it on the DPTI facebook page with what time it got into the city and they got back to me with we are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:10 am
by tonyp
I Follow PAFC wrote:Think it was 1906. Have already post about it on the DPTI facebook page with what time it got into the city and they got back to me with we are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

I wonder how many complaints they've had about the dozen or so seats on the low-floor where passengers can't see out the window?!

This photo from Twitter by a CJ Sheldon illustrates the problem:

Image

However there does seem to be a button for the wheelchair-user, just above the horizontal grab-rail.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:08 am
by I Follow PAFC
tonyp wrote:
I Follow PAFC wrote:Think it was 1906. Have already post about it on the DPTI facebook page with what time it got into the city and they got back to me with we are looking into this and will get back to you as soon as possible.

I wonder how many complaints they've had about the dozen or so seats on the low-floor where passengers can't see out the window?!

This photo from Twitter by a CJ Sheldon illustrates the problem:

Image

However there does seem to be a button for the wheelchair-user, just above the horizontal grab-rail.


That button was not on the bus I got yesterday.
It was a bus without advertising on it.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 pm
by coach driver 1981
1906 doesnt have advertising on it

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:29 am
by callum1515
Recently heard that 1161 is currently sitting at St Agnes depot covered up with a blue tarp. wouldn't expect it to be moved anytime soon

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:00 am
by route 228
Edinburgh Norths 2579 finally lost its Matilda AOA Now in New AOA for Bet Ned's.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:02 am
by coach driver 1981
callum1515 wrote:Recently heard that 1161 is currently sitting at St Agnes depot covered up with a blue tarp. wouldn't expect it to be moved anytime soon

i would probably say it would be a write off usually they are pretty quick to get it to Customs so they can start the rebuild

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:46 am
by callum1515
Yes and they also going to be ordering some new buses for the O-Bahn soon which could possibly be Volvo this time, this isn't confirmed yet but if it is I would hope for Volvo Volgren Optimus

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:56 pm
by TA3001
Do you know how many? What's wrong with the existing fleet apart from the unreliability, and the terrible ride quality?

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:07 pm
by mmosca447
callum1515 wrote:Yes and they also going to be ordering some new buses for the O-Bahn soon which could possibly be Volvo this time, this isn't confirmed yet but if it is I would hope for Volvo Volgren Optimus


As in the same bus as the new SouthLink Lonsdale one?, cause I kind of like the look of that one

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 pm
by callum1515
TA3001 wrote:Do you know how many? What's wrong with the existing fleet apart from the unreliability, and the terrible ride quality?



Not sure how many buses and could just be because of the unreliability of the buses they have at the moment. I know the other week bus 1111 engine malfunctioned with high temperatures and the fans near the engine blasting away.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:53 pm
by callum1515
mmosca447 wrote:
callum1515 wrote:Yes and they also going to be ordering some new buses for the O-Bahn soon which could possibly be Volvo this time, this isn't confirmed yet but if it is I would hope for Volvo Volgren Optimus


As in the same bus as the new SouthLink Lonsdale one?, cause I kind of like the look of that one


yes I hope if they do end up getting Volvo buses for the O-Bahn they will be like the new Southlink Volvo B7RLE "Volgren Optimus" 2451 at Lonsdale

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 am
by Eurostar
Would you accept a bad quality car?
Why should the State Government accept a bad quality bus?

In my opinion we should have done a order of CC Volvo B12BLE and CC Volvo B12BLEA buses when Sydney was ordering theirs or Volgren B12BLE and Volgren B12BLEA buses. I have ridden the red/blue Volgren B12BLEA articulated buses in Sydney many times and do enjoy them.

MANs would be great too.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:52 am
by callum1515
The Scania K320UA I noticed are only 7 years old and already they are having problems on the track, warning lights appearing and a few caught fire. Looking at it now they aren't going to get the 20 years they hope to get out of these buses with whats happening now only after 7 years

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:25 pm
by TA3001
25 years is the age limit for AdMet buses. So they were technically ordered with the expectation that they'll last into the early 2030s, with only minimal maintenance required, flawless ride quality, and few complaints from passengers.

However, would you use a Sedan on an all terrain journey through the outback? I don't think so. The CNG NL202s weren't designed for the O'bahn, yet they'd probably be more reliable even without suitable axles.

Using them or even midis would be no different to using the current Scanias, because none of these were designed for track work. 443 and 542 are the only ones that provide the ride quality that was present before the Scanias were introduced.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:03 am
by Crispy!
Callum1515

2451 is a Volvo B8RLE


Perth have got some Diesel Mercedes Benz O 405NH’s( like 542) stored, perhaps the Government or Light City Buses should look at purchasing some ? or even some of their Midi ones they’ll be suitable for the track.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 am
by Bus Suggestions
Crispy! wrote:Perth have got some Diesel Mercedes Benz O 405NH’s( like 542) stored, perhaps the Government or Light City Buses should look at purchasing some ? or even some of their Midi ones they’ll be suitable for the track.

No we only have one stored at the moment. 2 are burnt and written off. The remaining are still in service, withdrawals to start from December this year onward.
EDIT: Source from http://www.perthbus.info

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 pm
by Merc1107
Bus Suggestions wrote: No we only have one stored at the moment. 2 are burnt and written off. The remaining are still in service, withdrawals to start from December this year onward.

Not sure on the source of this information, but the back fence of Canning Vale in particular attests that a number of NHs have already been replaced, and are in storage for the time being. These, and other stored NHs were used primarily for rail replacement on the Midland line a couple of weeks back.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:33 pm
by coach driver 1981
callum1515 wrote:
TA3001 wrote:Do you know how many? What's wrong with the existing fleet apart from the unreliability, and the terrible ride quality?



Not sure how many buses and could just be because of the unreliability of the buses they have at the moment. I know the other week bus 1111 engine malfunctioned with high temperatures and the fans near the engine blasting away.

yeah but what you have to remember is these buses are 7 years old with 500000 to 600000 plus ks im pretty sure your car wouldnt make that sort of Ks without engine work or a rebuild

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:40 am
by TA3001
I wonder how the SL202s and 18.280s were holding out at 6-7 years old (not excluding the O'bahn equipped ones).

There were quite a few 18.280s off the road during the last 2 years, with some being in seemingly terrible mechanical condition. I think the NL202s seem to be the most reliable type of bus getting around in Adelaide. There's only one rogue I can think of at the moment out of 100+. This being 1740, but 2218 had some issues a few years ago.

I am still yet to come across a single CNG NL202 with any sort of obvious mechanical fault, if 1677 doesn't count which sounds more like a diesel one than the other CNGs.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:34 am
by callum1515
TA3001 wrote: yeah but what you have to remember is these buses are 7 years old with 500000 to 600000 plus ks im pretty sure your car wouldnt make that sort of Ks without engine work or a rebuild


Yes that's true. Really need to do a bit more work on those buses rather than leaving them like this.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 pm
by TA3001
callum1515 wrote:
TA3001 wrote: yeah but what you have to remember is these buses are 7 years old with 500000 to 600000 plus ks im pretty sure your car wouldnt make that sort of Ks without engine work or a rebuild


Yes that's true. Really need to do a bit more work on those buses rather than leaving them like this.


The newest CB80s fall in this category too. They are awful buses to catch for multiple reasons, especially when one's eyes are sensitive to light.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:41 pm
by callum1515
Yes that is right. The only good O-Bahn buses were the Mercedes Benz O305 & O305G that were actually made specially for the O-Bahn. RIP

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm
by route 228
So not all the R Artics are Doing Sub buses i spotted R803 on a normal 254X in the city this morning.