[July/Aug 2017] SA transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Re: [July/Aug 2017] SA transport observations

Post by jibb »

Unfortunately there will be no further updates to the Transit Times app.The person who created this app has advised me that he has moved onto another business venture.Shame as it is the only one that provides vehicle ID.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

I've asked this before, but is there a way to manually update it?
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Short of rebuilding the app yourself, no, not really.
jibb

Post by jibb »

I don't believe that there is any other app with the same features as Transit Times.
Roderick Smith

Car on Showgrounds platform

Post by Roderick Smith »

Roderick.

Pair drive car on SA rail platform.
Australian Associated Press July 20, 2017.
A 26-year-old learner driver is among two men charged by summons for allegedly driving a Hyundai Excel on Adelaide's Showgrounds railway station.
The Queenstown man and a 24-year-old from Cheltenham allegedly drove the car along a footpath and onto the railway station platform for about 15 metres on June 29.
There were no passengers about or trains operating at the time.
They are charged with multiple driving offences, have been banned from all train stations for three months and will be summonsed to appear in Adelaide Magistrates Court at a later date.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaki ... 21945a84c7
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

I know that it would result in cuts to other services, but I think that there needs to be more O'bahn services between 7 and 9PM. I went past stop F2 Greenfell St at about 8PM last night and I saw a full standing load on the artic sitting there (route M44). I have also counted 70+ passengers waiting at F2 at 7PM on a weekday a few weeks ago. From my obs, they weren't footy goers either.

In my opinion, there should be at least two services every 15 minutes up to at least 9PM, and improved frequencies at busy times on weekends. There are some weekend services/routes that could be altered to account for extra kms with current O'bahn services. The 722 is one of them, and the 861.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

LCB SL202 #443 has returned to service in the last day or two after a prolonged stint on the sidelines and it's still Busway-equipped :D
jibb

Post by jibb »

TA3001 wrote:I've asked this before, but is there a way to manually update it?
I have been in touch with another developer who has Adelaide Metro "real-time" info on their app but not Fleet ID. He is going to work on it to see if his app can provide the same info.
I'll keep you informed of the outcome.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

jibb wrote:
TA3001 wrote:I've asked this before, but is there a way to manually update it?
I have been in touch with another developer who has Adelaide Metro "real-time" info on their app but not Fleet ID. He is going to work on it to see if his app can provide the same info.
I'll keep you informed of the outcome.
Thanks. Please feel free to let me know how it's going. Once the next round of timetable changes are implemented, it will be the end of Transit Times' usefulness.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Would the TT developer be prepared to hand the app over to someone who would continue it's upkeep and is there anyone here with the knowledge to do so? Two questions that should be asked now before it's gone for good.

Edit: probaby not. See https://transitapp.com/ and go to the bottom of the page where there are a couple of links to interesting stories about what this company has achieved. Wonder if it's just Adelaide they're dropping and of so, why.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Transit Times is no longer involved in any transit operations.
thedom
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Post by thedom »

During the Station close-down on the Gawler line today.. i did observe high pressure cleaning of Mawson Lakes Station... rubbish crew working the Salisbury interchange rail corridor...

I think Eagle Eye posted in last months Ob's page asking why both lines are fully shut... perhaps like the recent Obahn interchanges etc that the major interchanges needed to be cleaned and this was an opportunity to take advantage of the weekend to do so?

A lot of government organisations have been focussing on gutter cleaning and high pressure cleaning in recent months...
route 228

Post by route 228 »

thedom wrote:During the Station close-down on the Gawler line today.. i did observe high pressure cleaning of Mawson Lakes Station... rubbish crew working the Salisbury interchange rail corridor...

I think Eagle Eye posted in last months Ob's page asking why both lines are fully shut... perhaps like the recent Obahn interchanges etc that the major interchanges needed to be cleaned and this was an opportunity to take advantage of the weekend to do so?

A lot of government organisations have been focussing on gutter cleaning and high pressure cleaning in recent months...
Elizabeth station rail tracks have also been cleaned.
Living on the 228 bus run.

Route 228 Smithfield interchange to Victoria Square in the city of Adelaide South Australia.
jibb

Post by jibb »

A new Scania is at the Wingfield premises of Scania. Possibly 1960 for Torrens Transit?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

It's probably to replace 426, which I suspect has done it's last run.
jibb

Post by jibb »

The controversial bus lane along Anzac Highway heading into the City will be scrapped at the weekend, and revert to a normal 3 lane road for all traffic from next Monday morning.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

443 is doing the 9:17am 361 from Port Adelaide to TTP. When I get on I will try and see if she is scheduled for track work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Aaarrrggghhhh - is on a silver run. I also confirm the guide wheels are still on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

bigrobbo wrote:Aaarrrggghhhh - is on a silver run. I also confirm the guide wheels are still on.
Last time I checked, that was on one of St. Agnes' silver shifts. You'll find that a few morning 361s are on silver shifts. I remember a couple of them had 545 runs after the 361s.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
jibb

Post by jibb »

First run of the day to Port Adelaide and back to TTP is an O-Bahn run,usually an Artic.
transenthusiast

Post by transenthusiast »

Saw a new Bustech this afternoon running back & forth along King William St with a livery almost identical to Admet but the front of it was green instead of red & displaying 'Not in Service'.
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

transenthusiast wrote:Saw a new Bustech this afternoon running back & forth along King William St with a livery almost identical to Admet but the front of it was green instead of red & displaying 'Not in Service'.
I may be very wrong but could it be the new electric Bustech? If that one is even a Bustech?
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Yes it is, and yes it is. Some info here: http://bustech.net.au/2017/06/
jibb

Post by jibb »

I believe that these buses will be trialled on the City-Free services.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Transit Times appears to be very erratic over the last few days with many routes and stops not working?

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”