O-Bahn upgrades

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Re: O-Bahn upgrades

Post by Eurostar »

jibb wrote:New digital bus stops arriving in Currie and Grenfell Streets.
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... w-arriving
Yes please no more of this pick a colour out of a hat. It should be red for north, blue for south, yellow for east / west, green for hills and orange for obahn. Maybe purple for railway feeders
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Interesting on the still of the new D2 plinth showing routes there are 2 new routes for the O-Bahn;-579 and 580.Don't know if this is what is planned or just someone's vivid imagination?
Will be interesting to see if there are any new routes?
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

jibb wrote:Interesting on the still of the new D2 plinth showing routes there are 2 new routes for the O-Bahn;-579 and 580.Don't know if this is what is planned or just someone's vivid imagination?
Will be interesting to see if there are any new routes?
The 580 currently runs to and from Mile End Depot via Greenhill Road, so that probably is a mistake. It seems unlikely that Light-City Buses will start operating 579s from the city either, unless their contract region is being extended.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
jibb

Post by jibb »

A couple of changes to some O-Bahn services starting today;-
G40-528-548 services will now be permanently using Grenfell and Currie Streets.
O-Bahn services will no longer use stop 1 on Botanic Road.
The new Digital stops being installed in Grenfell and Currie Streets will become operative as they are installed from today.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

jibb wrote:A couple of changes to some O-Bahn services starting today;-
G40-528-548 services will now be permanently using Grenfell and Currie Streets.
The timetables still show these services using King William St and there is a detour still in place via Grenfell & Currie Streets. No permanent change (yet).

https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... ks-detours
jibb

Post by jibb »

If you look at section where you can create your own timetables for these routes you will see Grenfell and Currie Street times are shown(as well as Morphett Street for G40).City arrival times in Grenfell Street U2 is between 1-3 minutes later than King William Street stop.
PM times from the City have also been changed.
New timetables are being printed for these services.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

but for the G40 IT leaves earlier which is great for people at Bedford Group to commute to town stop 18 to the city and arrives earlier.3:30PM-3:50PM is now 3:22pm-3:46pm.I will let the two people I get it with know of these changes shortly for the one I use on all days bar Mondays and Thursdays due to different arrangements.I finish work earlier on the Monday so it's a race against the clock to get either a 200 ex stop 18 kent rd colonel light gardens to the city 10 minutes later or getting an earlier g10 to town depending on where I need to be on arrival and if applicable what onward connections need to be made,Thursday is a drive day but things can change for either at any time.bonus for me is i can get a slightly earlier bus of my choice home from town onwards to payneham.whether that be a 174,503,507,C1 OR M44 it need not matter taking into account all except the 174 are klemzig and walk home from interchange services.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Adelaide's world-class smart tunnel open for buses;-
http://www.gotosage.com/news/pages/adel ... -for-buses
jibb

Post by jibb »

The O-Bahn Tunnel will be closed for "finishing works" on the following dates:-
930pm Tuesday 9th January to 4am Wednesday 10th January
930pm Wednesday 10th January to 4am Thursday 11th January
930pm Friday 12th January to 4am Monday 15th January
930pm Friday 23rd February to 4am Monday 26th January.
During those times O-Bahn services will travel via Hackney Road,Botanic Road and East Terrace.
marc506

Post by marc506 »

jibb wrote:The O-Bahn Tunnel will be closed for "finishing works" on the following dates:-
930pm Tuesday 9th January to 4am Wednesday 10th January
930pm Wednesday 10th January to 4am Thursday 11th January
930pm Friday 12th January to 4am Monday 15th January
930pm Friday 23rd February to 4am Monday 26th January.
During those times O-Bahn services will travel via Hackney Road,Botanic Road and East Terrace.
Thought the advertiser is claiming that the tunnel "was force to close" for repairs.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

I think The Advertiser did the usual - dive in and make comments without the true facts.

However, I would be certain that the opening of the tunnel and the celebrations were rushed through at the inept SA Governments request (or more probably "demand") so that they could bask in the glory (beautifully timed before Christmas) of another major project completed. But let us not worry about new rail poles and other paraphernalia going rusty all abandoned on the part completed rail electrification of the Gawler Line - which they neatly blamed on funding withdrawals by the Feds (nothing to do SA not getting its paperwork in correctly and on time!!!)
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

I cannot see a problem with what they are doing.

Regardless of the election, they got the tunnel open sooner than later and they have some finishing bits to do.

I swear if they delayed the opening the media in this city still would have complained.

Seems everything positive in this city is complained about in the media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

I do want to see worthwhile, correctly funded projects undertaken and completed SA as they are genuinely required - not bundling things through in a great hurry, without proper funding, so as to hoodwink the voters into thinking what great team of innovators these Labor incompetents are! I shudder to think what condition the State's finances will be in, once all the current stuff is complete - I would imagine our State Debt will be perhaps the largest in the country, per capita.

Just concentrating on transport only (all the other areas have been done to death in the media and other forums), the benefits that will accrue from current tram extensions and the O-Bahn tunnel may be marginal at best and in my humble opinion, it would have made a lot more sense to use that money to complete the rail electrification project - not as sexy in the media, I guess. We have here a very desperate to get re-elected Labor Government, hence all the current projects on the go, however I really don't know why they are so worried as the opposition does not appear to be much of a force!!

You might wonder what happened to the special funding that SA was supposed to receive from the Feds for the rail project, well hear is the answer, straight from the mouth of a senior Federal Government Minister, back in February 2017:-

“It’s galling of Tom Koutsantonis and (SA Infrastructure Minister) Stephen Mullighan to attack the Federal Government for not funding projects when they haven’t even bothered to submit a proper business case to seek funding.

THEY (SA) COULDN'T EVEN GET THEIR PAPERWORK IN ORDER = Pure incompetence!
Norman
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Norman »

Tim Williams wrote:I think The Advertiser did the usual - dive in and make comments without the true facts.

However, I would be certain that the opening of the tunnel and the celebrations were rushed through at the inept SA Governments request (or more probably "demand") so that they could bask in the glory (beautifully timed before Christmas) of another major project completed. But let us not worry about new rail poles and other paraphernalia going rusty all abandoned on the part completed rail electrification of the Gawler Line - which they neatly blamed on funding withdrawals by the Feds (nothing to do SA not getting its paperwork in correctly and on time!!!)
Don't you work for The Advertiser?
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Not me - there is a "Tim Williams" who writes for the Advertiser and maybe also The Messenger. My working life has been in transport and industrials (finance and managerial).
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

How is the O Bahn running since it was extended into the city centre? What is the trip time out to Tea Tree Plaza now, any better? And what is the distance of the service from the city to Tea Tree Plaza?

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”