• Advertisement

[Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Sorry about the number of posts. Got the vehicle info working now. Found out on another forum that it only shows info within 20 mins of the designated arrival time. Tried typing in Mawson Interchange and it worked for me.
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby jibb » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:18 pm

Genarally it shows services due in next 30 minutes(this will eventually extended to 60 minutes).If for example you choose a stop ie C1/C2/X1/X2 in the City it wont always have the"live"symbol for every service due in next 30 minutes(it also highlights no of minutes early or late the bus(or tram) is running).Unfortunately for some reason I am not aware of it doesn't always show this for every service?
jibb
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby jibb » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:19 pm

TA3001 wrote:Sorry about the number of posts. Got the vehicle info working now. Found out on another forum that it only shows info within 20 mins of the designated arrival time. Tried typing in Mawson Interchange and it worked for me.

Which other forum are you referring to?
jibb
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Saw the post on the Railpage forums
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby Nick » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Some Stops I found now are at 60 min howsoever not all the tiime so i guess just testing. Some limited stop services no not display live timing due to a bug in the system that they are working on fixing at the moment. Glad it working for you :D
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Adelaide Somewere
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O305G , PMCSA

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:31 pm

I've noticed that when the bus has it's destination displayed, the app shows the number of the bus. Sometimes it can indicate before departure (usually related to through running, but not always).

I'm not sure how the computer system works on the buses, but it showed what was doing a 451 from Elizabeth Interchange last night around 10-15 minutes before it was due to depart.
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby jibb » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Nick wrote:Some Stops I found now are at 60 min howsoever not all the tiime so i guess just testing. Some limited stop services no not display live timing due to a bug in the system that they are working on fixing at the moment. Glad it working for you :D

Nick-it is not only some Limited Stop services that don't always show bus number,it also happens to other services being 1 trip or through routed services-its between 20-25% of list of current departures..
Hopefully those bugs will be ironed out.It is Adelaide Metro's goal to have all services up to 60 minutes listed on "real-time" departures by June 30th 2015.
jibb
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Just had a glance at a couple of buses and the Transit Times app proved to be correct regarding the numbers.
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby thedom » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:17 pm

TA3001 wrote:I've noticed that when the bus has it's destination displayed, the app shows the number of the bus. Sometimes it can indicate before departure (usually related to through running, but not always).

I'm not sure how the computer system works on the buses, but it showed what was doing a 451 from Elizabeth Interchange last night around 10-15 minutes before it was due to depart.



I've noticed that transit times shows the shift block numbers - I've seen the vehicle number listed for a 286 leaving stop 25 Valetta Road bound for Henley beach... At the same time the same vehicle number listed for a city bound service due to depart Henley beach around 15-20mins later... It was accurate.
thedom
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Salisbury
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby route 228 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 am

Just spotted on a 224F at Elizabeth 2539 now no longer in AOA for Hickinbotham Homes now in AOA for McDonalds.
Living on the 228 bus run.

Route 228 Smithfield interchange to Victoria Square in the city of Adelaide South Australia.
User avatar
route 228
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 2:17 pm
Location: Elizabeth South Australia.
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby Diesel_MAN » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:11 pm

I noticed today that 1926 and 1927 have had the 'Eric the voice' feature turned off, whereas 1923 now has (still has?) the feature activated. It must be annoying for the drivers.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
Diesel_MAN
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:13 pm
Location: Possibly on a bus.
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 26 times
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby countrydrive » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Eurostar wrote:
countrydrive wrote:[quote="Eurostar"]On Sunday 2nd November 2014 I noticed that at Keswick there is a new pedestrian underpass being put in leading from the Wayville Railway Station under Richmond Bridge to the Edwards Park
Being built under the Keswick bridge is the bikeway. It is almost complete. They are up to the concrete pavement.
Not really useful for pedestrians wanting to get across Anzac hwy. OK if you walk from the city.


Thankyou for that info, I look forward to using that cycle path. I noticed recently that a new pedestrian crossing (with lights) is going in at David Terrace (Kilkenny) and Cross Road (Unley Park)[/quote]
Bikeway under Anzac hwy should be ready this week. Bitumen completed today. Lights are in and being connected. Last bit of fencing to be done.
countrydrive
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby The Phonj » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:00 pm

While doing a J1 service today; I noticed on many bus stops the J1/J2 timetable shown as being effective 12 October 2014; however the printed timetable is effective 10 November 2014
Get the Firefox internet browser at: http://www.firefox.com
Watch out for ghostly bus drivers!
User avatar
The Phonj
Administrator
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:09 pm
Location: Adelaide, or to the West or East of it.
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 188 times
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200, PMCSA body

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby jibb » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:03 am

thedom wrote:
TA3001 wrote:I've noticed that when the bus has it's destination displayed, the app shows the number of the bus. Sometimes it can indicate before departure (usually related to through running, but not always).

I'm not sure how the computer system works on the buses, but it showed what was doing a 451 from Elizabeth Interchange last night around 10-15 minutes before it was due to depart.



I've noticed that transit times shows the shift block numbers - I've seen the vehicle number listed for a 286 leaving stop 25 Valetta Road bound for Henley beach... At the same time the same vehicle number listed for a city bound service due to depart Henley beach around 15-20mins later... It was accurate.

With the Trip ID does this have any relevance to the depot,type of service-ie O Bahn? Or what information can one deduce from trip ID?
I understand that Block ID represents where bus on entering City changes to another route(ie 200 at the edge of the City becomes 204/208),and therefore Block ID is a different number to trip ID.
jibb
 
Posts: 3363
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 347 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:00 pm

No the trip id related to that trip in the whole systerm eg evey service that is run have a diffent id. Used for time tabling purposes only has no relation to depot etc. it part of the GTFS data format . Look it up if you wnat to grt a better understanding. As far as GTFS is considered Losdale depor can operate a o-barn trip witch of course it cant. Hope that explains it ok
User avatar
Nick
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Adelaide Somewere
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O305G , PMCSA

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby countrydrive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm

countrydrive wrote:
Eurostar wrote:[quote="countrydrive"][quote="Eurostar"]On Sunday 2nd November 2014 I noticed that at Keswick there is a new pedestrian underpass being put in leading from the Wayville Railway Station under Richmond Bridge to the Edwards Park
Being built under the Keswick bridge is the bikeway. It is almost complete. They are up to the concrete pavement.
Not really useful for pedestrians wanting to get across Anzac hwy. OK if you walk from the city.


Thankyou for that info, I look forward to using that cycle path. I noticed recently that a new pedestrian crossing (with lights) is going in at David Terrace (Kilkenny) and Cross Road (Unley Park)[/quote]
Bikeway under Anzac hwy should be ready this week. Bitumen completed today. Lights are in and being connected. Last bit of fencing to be done.[/quote]bikeway under Anzac hwy now open. Enjoy.:smile:
countrydrive
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [Nov 2014] SA Transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Finally got to go on L94UB 2558 today, after detecting it's imminent arrival with Transit Times. This bus has spent much of the year out of service for major repairs. It didn't sound anything like 2550 and 2553 though which were also out of service for a while due to major issues, and now sound pretty good.

This old girl sounded as though it had a busted diff pinion bearing (like 2560), and mechanical problems similar to what it had in 2012. The only real difference I noticed with it was that the engine mounts were stable again. I've never seen a Newton L94UB sound like this. At least it didn't suffer the same fate as some other buses in Adelaide have had though.
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Previous


  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Adelaide / SA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests