October 2014 Route and Timetable changes

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
witsend
Favourite Vehicle: Dunns Daewoo CS120 No. 31

Re: October 2014 Route and Timetable changes

Post by witsend »

Wow...... Just wow.... That's incredible....
Regards,

Samuel Wittwer
Posts may not be supported or endorsed by any group that I'm associated with, and normally are my own personal view.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

I feel the Government and bus companies need to have a serious look at all the timetables and routes and find ways to speed up many runs

1) Reduce the timepoints
i.e on routes like 401 there only needs to be timepoints at Ann Street, Salisbury Station and Paralowie and make room for two lanes in each direction (one being a bus lane), replace the pedestrian crossings with underpasses or overpasses.

2) Increase the b lights, have lights trigger green when a bus approaches, i.e Salisbury Highway approaching Waterloo Corner Road

3) Remove some stops

4) Ban carparking on main roads

5) Look at and fund new tramlines and trainlines. I propose tramline run along Wakefield Street, Grote Street, Sir Donald Bradman Drive, then via the former tram route to Plympton then up to Adelaide Airport

When in Sydney I could get from Central to Rosebery in 15 minutes, in Adelaide i will just be getting from Currie Street to the obahn entrance .
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
thedom
Favourite Vehicle: Jumbo (on an express service)

Post by thedom »

Timetables are all updated now for Adelaide to Copper Coast, Yorketown, Balaklava & Mid North.
Noticeable changes now include:

Yorketown service restored on Wednesdays, scrapped Tuesday and Thursday.
Peterborough service restored on Mondays, scrapped Tuesday and Thursday.

http://www.ypcoaches.com.au
witsend
Favourite Vehicle: Dunns Daewoo CS120 No. 31

Post by witsend »

And separate Balaklava Services have also been scrapped, now only exist as part of the Moonta Services.

Monday & Friday services to Moonta run via Balak, and all services no longer run to Port Hughes.

thedom posted some information up a few days ago.
Regards,

Samuel Wittwer
Posts may not be supported or endorsed by any group that I'm associated with, and normally are my own personal view.
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

I would like to see a change to the 177-179 buses. Scrapt the infrequent 579 and replace it with the 179 running as it does currently up to Maryvale Road, and from there continue to Paradise I/C via what is now currently Route 579. Then run the 178/179 both as frequent services to Paradise all day, 7 days. The 177 should be extended to start/finish at Paradise as I have seen several terminating 177 buses continue as Not in Service to Paradise anyway, so they may as well collect any passengers at those remaining few stops. There seem to be more than enough Not In Service buses running along Darley Road (presumably to/from Newton Depot).

Also I know I've mentioned it before, but the 500 should be properly reintroduced and run alternatively with the 502. This should be brought in for weekends and nights as well which would basically mean every second 502 becomes a 500. Shouldn't be that difficult to do?

Of course the sooner we get rid of these letter numbers i.e G40M, C1T, B10 etc and revert to normal 3 digit numbers the better our PT system will be!
runawaybus

Post by runawaybus »

Despite the rumours about the October changes being in regards to the Double Decker operating in J1/J2 to the Airport we have egg on our face:
http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... 12-October

Check out the changes the only one I can see is the Millswood Station reopening but what has changed in the Outer North I wouldn't have a clue.

However, I think we should safely bet its easier to big changes in January of each year rather than other times during the year- your thoughts!
Definition of Commuter Consultation or even Community Consultation: "We've made up our minds don't confuse us with the facts".
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announc ... 12-October

Why do I feel let down? Just a few minor changes
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

You'd think that the 694 would have to have time changes to connect with the Belair train. If it stopping at Millswood Station, no matter which way you look at it, it will take some more time. The train slowing to stop, stopping, passengers alighting/boarding, the train accelerating again etc.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
PD2/20

Post by PD2/20 »

Lt. Commander Data wrote:You'd think that the 694 would have to have time changes to connect with the Belair train. If it stopping at Millswood Station, no matter which way you look at it, it will take some more time. The train slowing to stop, stopping, passengers alighting/boarding, the train accelerating again etc.
An extra minute is required by the Millswood stop. This has been provided by earlier departure and later arrival at Adelaide and do not affect the timings south of Millswood. The other changes in the timetable arise because all trains will work to Belair and all short workings to/from Blackwood are removed.
Where to lady

Post by Where to lady »

runawaybus wrote:However, I think we should safely bet its easier to big changes in January of each year rather than other times during the year- your thoughts!
I've heard your hunch is correct for substantial changes in January :wink:

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”