Enviro 200 for Admet

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
OLYMPIAN
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Victory Mk2, Olympian

Enviro 200 for Admet

Post by OLYMPIAN »

I think I have seen somewhere on.the internet last year about Admet had a bulk order of Enviro 200 midibus

I have posted on facebook somewhere but i wouldnt retrieve it, can anyone confirm it.with me is true or I mis readed somewhere
Detroit 6VT92/ZF 4HP500...the best bendi bus power train!
citadis203
Favourite Vehicle: 4000 Railcar

Re: Enviro 200 for Admet

Post by citadis203 »

Why would we need a midi bus, everyone hates them!?
The only one in Adelaide is down at the airport
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

I don't think he means midi bus like the MAN 11.190's but a mid sized standard bus, probally similar in length to the short Scanias.

The Enviro200 at Adelaide Airport is not a midi either.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

The Inspector wrote:I don't think he means midi bus like the MAN 11.190's but a mid sized standard bus, probally similar in length to the short Scanias.

The Enviro200 at Adelaide Airport is not a midi either.
Depends on your definition of "midi". Length-wise these units will probably be bigger than the 11.190s, although they will probably end up with a length similar to the 11.220s built for Sydney at around the same time, and the Enviro200 can be built as short as 8.9 metres. Chassis-wise they are definitely in the lightweight class: midi-size wheels, smaller engine, narrower frame and track - just like the Dart from which it evolved.
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

The Enviro200 is definitely considered a midi bus, but it can be built up to as long as 11.3m. The Enviro300 is the standard length bus which can be built between 11.8m and 12.5m. The tyres have always been typical to be of a lower profile in the UK. NZ seems to follow this trait a lot too. But Australia is the complete opposite. Of course if there is not any need to be 4WDing or off-road driving in a bus, then the smaller tyres are adequate and boy the difference that the size of tyres makes to performance needs to be seen!

Back to the topic, is there anything factual yet? I'd hope just from personal experience that SA would not be looking primarily at cost. The Enviro200s are good little cheap units, but being midi buses, in my opinion they don't seem too ideal for busy city runs and certainly aren't generous for space and leg room if the main priority is to cram as many seats as possible! I'm sure in regional towns they'd be ideal for the amount of work they would get, but as would their competitors from Optare etc.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Not factual yet-someone from another state who is speculating without evidence to support their claim.
Considering we still have contracts with Scania/Custom for our main orders(I believe at least a year to go),nothing much is going to change apart from a Double Decker and a few Volvos for the 98/99 routes.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”