The Random Admet Question Thread

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Re: The Random Admet Question Thread

Post by mmosca447 »

Eurostar wrote:I noticed this bus stop sign on Ocean Boulevard, bus stop 43 on the east side, odd spot to put a bus stop , I gather its so passengers dont have to stand on narrow median strip
Yeah that must be the case. Through the last five years when i've caught buses past that stop, i've never seen anyone board or alight so it's kind of a wasted idea.
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

Stop 43 Ocean Boulevard is terribly located on both sides of the road.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

That would have to be one of the few bus stops in Adelaide that is not wheelchair accessible (or very difficult at least), excluding the Hills and outer suburbs with limited infrastructure.
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

I've organised to do a bit of gunzelling this coming Thursday and the routes i've planned are the M44, H30 and J8. I was wondering what kind of bus would be most likely on a H30 to West Lakes at around 9:00am? I know it's run by each depot but are there any buses that tend to pop up more regularly around that timeslot? Thanks in advance :)
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

What kind of bus are you wanting to catch on that run? It's down to whatever would be sitting on track when the driver starts his shift. If there's 3 on track, the driver might get to choose which one he/she wants.

There are some drivers who seem to love CB80s, and there are a few that prefer older stuff. Also, given that tomorrow is a typical weekday, it should theoretically be done as part of the regular roster, not one that applies to footy/other AO events, or school holidays.

If it's done by Port, it will definitely be low floor, but the three other depots still have high floors seeing regular use on weekdays.
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

TA3001 wrote:What kind of bus are you wanting to catch on that run? It's down to whatever would be sitting on track when the driver starts his shift. If there's 3 on track, the driver might get to choose which one he/she wants.

There are some drivers who seem to love CB80s, and there are a few that prefer older stuff. Also, given that tomorrow is a typical weekday, it should theoretically be done as part of the regular roster, not one that applies to footy/other AO events, or school holidays.

If it's done by Port, it will definitely be low floor, but the three other depots still have high floors seeing regular use on weekdays.
I was hoping to catch a high floor, so an SL202 would be good before they retire
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

I know this is a completely un bus-related question but do 3000 class railcars ever operate on the Seaford Like anymore cause it seems like it's always 4000's around there now? If no-one knows I can do some more research myself. Thanks in advance
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

mmosca447 wrote:I know this is a completely un bus-related question but do 3000 class railcars ever operate on the Seaford Like anymore cause it seems like it's always 4000's around there now? If no-one knows I can do some more research myself. Thanks in advance
I assume that all of the 3000-series trains are required on the other train lines following the retirement of the 2000 and 2100-series trains, and that there are enough EMUs to cover the Seaford line. I remember reading that some of the 3000-series trains were going to be converted into DEMUs, but I suspect that may have had something to do wth their use on the Belair line.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

The 3000/3100 railcars are already DEMUs... The plan was for most of them to be converted to electric once all the other lines were electrified, with some remaining diesel for the Belair line, as the tunnels are too low for overhead wire to be installed.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Has anyone spotted the ex. Darwin Scanias in service yet?
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

The first one only arrived 8 days ago, so they most likely haven't entered service yet.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

mmosca447 wrote:I know this is a completely un bus-related question but do 3000 class railcars ever operate on the Seaford Like anymore cause it seems like it's always 4000's around there now? If no-one knows I can do some more research myself. Thanks in advance
Usually the only time you'll see 3000s on the Seaford line is when there is maintenance on the overhead wires, this is usually done at night or occasionally on weekends if it's a larger task.

Occasionally there may be unplanned circumstances where the electricity needs to be switched off and diesels brought in to provide a partial service. I remember sometime in the last 12 months some debris had become lodged in the wiring and the line was closed for some time with a diesel shuttle between Adelaide and Brighton.
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

Just went on the AdMet website looking for a route 200 and 190 PDF timetable and it said no PDF available. Is this a problem that needs fixing or is there just no PDF timetable for those routes? Thanks in advance
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

Oh, wonder why I couldn’t access them, thanks anyway
jibb

Post by jibb »

I not only cannot get those 2 PDF's but quite a few others?
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

jibb wrote:I not only cannot get those 2 PDF's but quite a few others?
I was able to get them without any problems. Is it perhaps an issue with certain browsers?
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

I have had problems with pdf documents on the AdMet website, mainly on the mobile, they do recommend that you use the Adobe Acrobat reader. If you are using another pdf program then consider using the Adobe program. After downloading the Adobe program, I had no more problems on the mobile.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

I’m going to be riding a 682 later on this afternoon and I just wanted to know the likelihood of the bus being a Rosa cause I know they’re pretty much unique to this route (maybe a couple others)
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Does anyone know what the last CB80 rigid was built in Adelaide was?

I'm starting to wonder if the more recent 'improvements' in the last 3 years are due to them being built in Sydney?
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

The Sydney built ones have all 3 sets of tail lights on each side alight whereas the Adelaide built ones only have one tail light on each side alight (still 3 rings but only one lights up). So you'll need to do some night spotting. With Torrens it's somewhere in the early 1930s that the change occurred, maybe 1934 the first Sydney one.
callum1515
Favourite Vehicle: K320UA

Post by callum1515 »

Would anyone know if the Southlink double decker bus operates on the weekends?
UNV

Post by UNV »

callum1515 wrote:Would anyone know if the Southlink double decker bus operates on the weekends?
Yes, I saw 3401 doing a T843 in city this afternoon.
callum1515
Favourite Vehicle: K320UA

Post by callum1515 »

Any idea how I would be able to find out what time 3401 is doing routes today?
mmosca447

Post by mmosca447 »

[quote="callum1515"]Any idea how I would be able to find out what time 3401 is doing routes today

I know 3401 usually does the 10:15 T840 outbound and it would do a fair few T843's but not sure of any others.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”