What to do & see on Adelaide PT!

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
bigrobbo

Re: What to do & see on Adelaide PT!

Post by bigrobbo »

A good bus company for the hills and surrounds to use is Link SA. Services I have used to link with Metro and Non-Metro services are the 801 from TTP to Lobethal to connect with an 834/835. Also there is a service that runs on school days from Strathalbyn to Murray Bridge (am) and Murray Bridge to Strathalbyn (pm), These services do not have kids on them (as they service the schools in Strathalbyn). I have caught the Murray Bridge to Strath bus once or twice, then had a few hours in Strath before getting the last 852 back to Mt Barker.

Its a costly day using the Link SA services to and from Murray Bridge but it is well worth it.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

bigrobbo wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 am A good bus company for the hills and surrounds to use is Link SA. Services I have used to link with Metro and Non-Metro services are the 801 from TTP to Lobethal to connect with an 834/835. Also there is a service that runs on school days from Strathalbyn to Murray Bridge (am) and Murray Bridge to Strathalbyn (pm), These services do not have kids on them (as they service the schools in Strathalbyn). I have caught the Murray Bridge to Strath bus once or twice, then had a few hours in Strath before getting the last 852 back to Mt Barker.

Its a costly day using the Link SA services to and from Murray Bridge but it is well worth it.
Also a plethora of routes in the Mt Pleasant/Barossa area that travel one way as a normal route with no school kids on board, though admittedly they're harder to connect to than the routes you mention Bigrobbo. The 1120 is the non-School Bus version of the 1121 from Nuriootpa to Mt Pleasant - I think that's manageable through using the 800 service from TTP and then the 810 service to get back to Gawler from Nuriootpa or vice versa.

I highly recommend a day trip on the 800/801/802 bus services from TTP - return adult fare isn't too bad (about $13 return TTP to Gumeracha - concessions are 50% of this). Great scenic trip either on Gorge Rd or via Chain of Ponds and the Reservoirs. The big windows on the Scania K270 they use in the afternoons or on the smaller BusTech bus make for great viewing!
flaneur

Post by flaneur »

if you like walking, take the Seaford train to Hallett Cove Railway Station, checkout the new visitor information boards which I requested, thanks to City of Marion, call into the 'Your Local Coffee Shop', head down to the coast to the Boardwalk to Heron Reserve, call into the Beach House Cafe, (last toilet stop) then head south along the coast, up the hill, then onto the new path, arriving behind the desal plant, continue around the path on the interpretive trail to main road, follow the road north to the roundabout, turn left to the 683 terminus catch the bus back to Hallett Coach Beach Railway Station ( most likely will be the new Hino bus, or you can got to the Field River Reserve circular walk where they found the prehistoric Wombat, then back to the station, or transfer to the 681, 682 or even transfer to the 740 at Hallett Cove Shops
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

flaneur wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:03 pm...or even transfer to the 740 at Hallett Cove Shops
You mean the 720. The 740 (withdrawn) service used to run between Colonnades and Seaford.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

flaneur wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:03 pm if you like walking, take the Seaford train to Hallett Cove Railway Station, checkout the new visitor information boards which I requested, thanks to City of Marion, call into the 'Your Local Coffee Shop', head down to the coast to the Boardwalk to Heron Reserve, call into the Beach House Cafe, (last toilet stop) then head south along the coast, up the hill, then onto the new path, arriving behind the desal plant, continue around the path on the interpretive trail to main road, follow the road north to the roundabout, turn left to the 683 terminus catch the bus back to Hallett Coach Beach Railway Station ( most likely will be the new Hino bus, or you can got to the Field River Reserve circular walk where they found the prehistoric Wombat, then back to the station, or transfer to the 681, 682 or even transfer to the 740 at Hallett Cove Shops
Brilliant idea. Just got to be careful of the 2 hour services on the 683 and that the last service is after 6pm back to Hallett Cove Beach!!

Friend of mine has just moved to Hallett Cove South and I use the 683 quite often now. It's not always guaranteed to be a Poncho, as a few 683's then become a 681. The 683 is a great route to start after a meal break or head to a meal break or change of shift.I was on the 6:25pm 683 to Hallett Cove Beach last night and it was a standard rigid as it was going to do a service in and out of town later in the shift.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”