ADEL - Salisbury

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Brenton lewis

Re: ADEL - Salisbury

Post by Brenton lewis »

neilfinlay wrote:Hi everybody, I was born in the lyell mcewin hospital in 1959 and lived on Waterloo Corner road( I lived there when it was called Two Wells road, then later changed) My father Murray Finlay was a bus driver for Salisbury Passenger Services throughout the 1960's, I would sometimes ride the bus with him(to keep out of mum's hair) and I would stand in the isle trying to go around the corners without holding on. When it was hot my dad would stop out side our house (opposite the Caltex service station) and my mum would have a glass jug of iced coffee ready(remember on those old Lewis buses airconditioning was opening the bus windows) On the subject of the REDHENS rail cars, my friends and I(in our teens) would go to Adelaide for a day out and the conductor would clip our tickets, we would always sit by the doors and hold them open with our foot and of course when we got out, we would always hop out with the train still in motion running down the platform. I never realized what a wonderful life it was until wrote these lines. I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
Hi
Neil my dad was Rod lewis manager sps do u have any pic etc try hard to find
I do remember Murray but I was only about 5 in 1974

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”