• Advertisement

Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:56 am

I am sure we will see other bus companies names appear in the next few days.
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:16 am

Companies added today;-
Keolis Downer,Volvo,Dyson
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Transit Systems is now added(naturally).
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Skexis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:59 pm

jibb wrote:From todays Advertiser;-
New operators for Adelaide's bus network would be expected to scrap under performing services, deliver better services for less money and adapt to new emerging transport options.
The Transport Minister said they are seeking interested bus operators who can do things differently to overhaul the bus network.He said Adelaid'es bus network is stuck in the 20th Century and this new contract is an opportunity to bring 21 st century technology and service delivery methods to Adelaide to benefit commuters..
This step is the next step before asking companies to tender for the contract.
New operators will be asked to grow patronage and enable simplification of Adelaide's Metropolitan Bus Network,Improved integration of bus services with other public transport modes,More frequent and faster services,less under utilised services,greater collaboration with customers,stakeholders and local councils.
Bus operators would be required to deliver higher levels of customer satisfaction-at the heart of this tender will be the need to make our public transport network more customer-focused.

Got to love these politicians who roll out the sound bytes whilst having no clue about what's achievable. Do more for less while scrapping routes and increasing passenger numbers. Yeah, can't see that working out somehow.

Here's a better idea - take buses back into state ownership and let Stephan Knoll run them if he thinks it's so easy. Walk the walk instead of just talking the talk.
Skexis
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby nscaler69 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:03 am

wrote:bus operators who can do things differently to overhaul the bus network.He said Adelaid'es bus network is stuck in the 20th Century and this new contract is an opportunity to bring 21 st century technology and service delivery methods to Adelaide to benefit commuters..
This step is the next step before asking companies to tender for the contract.
New operators will be asked to grow patronage and enable simplification of Adelaide's Metropolitan Bus Network,Improved integration of bus services with other public transport modes,More frequent and faster services,less under utilised services,greater collaboration with customers,stakeholders and local councils.
Bus operators would be required to deliver higher levels of customer satisfaction-at the heart of this tender will be the need to make our public transport network more customer-focused

Next state election WE need to change the wording slightly and use it as the requisite for the political party that wins power.
Last edited by nscaler69 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
User avatar
nscaler69
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: C.L.G. Adelaide
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Skexis » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:21 pm

TWU literature seen at work today predicting erosion of terms and conditions plus pay cuts. Also they seem to think the Govt would prefer a single contractor running all of Adelaide's buses. Anyone know anything about this?
Skexis
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Skexis wrote:TWU literature seen at work today predicting erosion of terms and conditions plus pay cuts. Also they seem to think the Govt would prefer a single contractor running all of Adelaide's buses. Anyone know anything about this?

I have heard that before about the Government wanting to have a single operator running the Bus Network.
I thought the current arrangement with 2 companies running the system worked well.
As tenders closed for expressions of interest on the 14th February, we should know the result by the end of March if new contracts come into force on July 1st.!
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby hillsbus » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:55 pm

Based on an article published today the bus contracts run until 2020. So still over a year until a potential change of contractors.

Interesting discussion about the 98 and 99 Adelaide Free buses too -
https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/ ... r-a-cloud/
hillsbus
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Crispy! » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:08 am

hillsbus wrote:Based on an article published today the bus contracts run until 2020. So still over a year until a potential change of contractors.

Interesting discussion about the 98 and 99 Adelaide Free buses too -
https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/ ... r-a-cloud/


Had a little read how little do they know? "media sites" such as InDaily, Adelaide Now, know what's going on with the contracts?

The City Connector services are provided by Torrens Transit however according to fleetlists 1902 and 1903 are owned by Adelaide City Council?

Torrens Transit
Think about it I don't think senior director of Transit Systems would of done those big changes the transitioning of the takeover from LCB in October if he hasn't got the contract again I could be wrong, as for Keolis Downer Southlink not quite sure what's happening there.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
User avatar
Crispy!
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Adelaide, Routes G10,235,,238.239-Gawler Train
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL202 CNG #885

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Former driver37 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:03 am

Crispy! wrote:
hillsbus wrote:Based on an article published today the bus contracts run until 2020. So still over a year until a potential change of contractors.

Interesting discussion about the 98 and 99 Adelaide Free buses too -
https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/ ... r-a-cloud/


Had a little read how little do they know? "media sites" such as InDaily, Adelaide Now, know what's going on with the contracts?

The City Connector services are provided by Torrens Transit however according to fleetlists 1902 and 1903 are owned by Adelaide City Council?

Torrens Transit
Think about it I don't think senior director of Transit Systems would of done those big changes the transitioning of the takeover from LCB in October if he hasn't got the contract again I could be wrong, as for Keolis Downer Southlink not quite sure what's happening there.

Thats excatly my thought why would TT spend a bucket load of money make changes to services bring back J1 etc just to run it for 12 months? My suspicion is that the government will keep the things the way they are for another contract term
Former driver37
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:35 pm

I have been told the results of the successful tenderer/s to operate Adelaide's Bus Services from July this year will be announced on the 14th. February.
No rumours floating around as yet.
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby hillsbus » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:38 am

Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?
hillsbus
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:22 pm

hillsbus wrote:Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?

Nothing happened today.Maybe next week?
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Former driver37 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:29 am

jibb wrote:
hillsbus wrote:Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?

Nothing happened today.Maybe next week?

I heard a rumor it's going to be announced this coming Wednesday guess we just have to sit abs and wait
Former driver37
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Volvo B12B Driver » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:48 pm

hillsbus wrote:Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?

Nothing happened today.Maybe next week?[/quote]


Ive heard this week too, perhaps on Friday but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I've heard a few rumours but I won't publicly say what they are.
Volvo B12B Driver
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Ceb » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:53 pm

I wonder why it’s taking so long for a decision to come out. Anyone know what the hold up is?
Ceb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:44 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:22 pm

Volvo B12B Driver wrote:
hillsbus wrote:Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?

Nothing happened today.Maybe next week?



Ive heard this week too, perhaps on Friday but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I've heard a few rumours but I won't publicly say what they are.[/quote]
Another day goes by and still nothing. Looking more and more like next week?
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Skexis » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:23 pm

When it happens, it happens.
Skexis
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:49 am

It would appear that the amounts tendered by the different bus companies is too high,which is unacceptable to the Government.
So they have been told to go back to the drawing board and review their tenders and resubmit-could be a while now before results are known.
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Merc1107 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:51 am

Perhaps they ought to be careful what they wish for, lest they end up with all of Adelaide turning into the (failed) Light City Buses operation...
Merc1107
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:38 pm
Location: Perth
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 143 times
Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby jibb » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Merc1107 wrote:Perhaps they ought to be careful what they wish for, lest they end up with all of Adelaide turning into the (failed) Light City Buses operation...

Or just one company running the whole lot,or no company re-tendering unless the Government offers them more?
jibb
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Crispy! » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Merc1107 wrote:Perhaps they ought to be careful what they wish for, lest they end up with all of Adelaide turning into the (failed) Light City Buses operation...


Yeah we don’t want a repeat of that.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
User avatar
Crispy!
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Adelaide, Routes G10,235,,238.239-Gawler Train
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL202 CNG #885

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Eagle Eye » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:29 am

Maybe the government doesn't realise it can't get it wants for a 'cheap' price that it's after!

The last thing you want is some of the companies then deciding they don't want to run at next to no profit, or break even, or at a loss, and they pull out of the race, leaving fewer companies to choose from, and possibly 'lower quality' companies. Hence LCB... :?
User avatar
Eagle Eye
 
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Volvo B12B Driver » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:32 pm

jibb wrote:It would appear that the amounts tendered by the different bus companies is too high,which is unacceptable to the Government.
So they have been told to go back to the drawing board and review their tenders and resubmit-could be a while now before results are known.


That wouldn't surprise given the bad state of the budget in South Australia at moment.

If drags on much longer than the new contracts and operators (if that happens), probably won't happen in July. The current Liberal government in SA couldn't organize a chook raffle.
Volvo B12B Driver
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 3:51 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Postby Adlbus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 am

Eagle Eye wrote:Maybe the government doesn't realise it can't get it wants for a 'cheap' price that it's after!

The last thing you want is some of the companies then deciding they don't want to run at next to no profit, or break even, or at a loss, and they pull out of the race, leaving fewer companies to choose from, and possibly 'lower quality' companies. Hence LCB... :?


Pretty sure that is the reason Serco gave to pullout years ago. Same with LCB.....

With the current two operators there is certainly a focus on on-time running... This is better for the public
Adlbus
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Adelaide / SA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests