• Advertisement

[Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby callum1515 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:23 pm

route 228 wrote:So not all the R Artics are Doing Sub buses i spotted R803 on a normal 254X in the city this morning.


Mostly normal Southlink CB80 Artic buses being use as I've seen over the past week. It's also looks like they have hired some Kanga Coach buses.
callum1515
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Favourite Vehicle: O305G. SL200, Midi

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby Eurostar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 pm

European car slammed into back of 1009 on magill road tonight.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
Eurostar
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: Adelaide Parklands Terminal
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby mmosca447 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am

Just noticed a pothool for route 275 turning left from Anzac highway onto Marion Road. Not sure what this is as there is currently no route 275. Any help? Thanks in advance.
mmosca447
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby Diesel_MAN » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:13 pm

mmosca447 wrote:Just noticed a pothool for route 275 turning left from Anzac highway onto Marion Road. Not sure what this is as there is currently no route 275. Any help? Thanks in advance.

This is from an old timetable I found online:

"ROUTE 275
From the City via Grenfell Street, Currie Street, Glover Avenue, Henley Beach Road, South Road , Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Marion Road, Anzac Highway, Stonehouse Avenue, Morphett Road, Anzac Highway, Gordon Street, Jetty Road, to the terminus Moseley Street Zone D Glenelg returning via High Street, Partridge Street, Gordon Street and then above route to the City."

It's similar to the City to Glenelg portion of the current H20, except that it used South Road and part of Sir Donald Bradman Drive like the current 163 instead of remaining on Henley Beach Road until Stop 8.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.
Diesel_MAN
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:13 pm
Location: Possibly on a bus.
Has thanked: 133 times
Been thanked: 26 times
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby mmosca447 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Diesel_MAN wrote:
mmosca447 wrote:Just noticed a pothool for route 275 turning left from Anzac highway onto Marion Road. Not sure what this is as there is currently no route 275. Any help? Thanks in advance.

This is from an old timetable I found online:

"ROUTE 275
From the City via Grenfell Street, Currie Street, Glover Avenue, Henley Beach Road, South Road , Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Marion Road, Anzac Highway, Stonehouse Avenue, Morphett Road, Anzac Highway, Gordon Street, Jetty Road, to the terminus Moseley Street Zone D Glenelg returning via High Street, Partridge Street, Gordon Street and then above route to the City."

It's similar to the City to Glenelg portion of the current H20, except that it used South Road and part of Sir Donald Bradman Drive like the current 163 instead of remaining on Henley Beach Road until Stop 8.


Just found it interesting they’d still have a pothook there Dating back from a fairly long time ago.
mmosca447
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby Crispy! » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 pm

There are some old pothooks still around just got to find them most have been taken away it was only until in late 2010’s 2012? 2013? they got rid of the old 181 bus stop pole that was in Hillsdale St Prospect the pothook in Alabama Ave remained there for a little while longer but has been taken away now.
Nathan C

Please check guidewheels
Before Departure.
User avatar
Crispy!
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:43 am
Location: Adelaide, Routes G10,235,237,238.239-Gawler Train
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 46 times
Favourite Vehicle: SL200 / MKII's / Anything ZF.

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 pm

An unusual sighting tonight. 1785 is doing a 99A of all things. It is the first time I have ever seen one of these prolific low floor vehicles on any City Free run, except for maybe once before the NLs were replaced with CB80s.
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: Not on or at 1770.
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby Skexis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 pm

King William Road is being de-treed along the centre strip. Why does Adelaide seem to have it in for trees? Wasn't that long ago we had lane closures so as the centre strip could have plants put in and now, a short time later, they're destroying it. WTF Adelaide?
Skexis
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby PD2/20 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Skexis wrote:King William Road is being de-treed along the centre strip. Why does Adelaide seem to have it in for trees? Wasn't that long ago we had lane closures so as the centre strip could have plants put in and now, a short time later, they're destroying it. WTF Adelaide?

Is the section of K Wm you are referring to at the Festival Centre? Then it is probably related to the tram works that are scheduled thtere over the next two weeks.
PD2/20
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby jibb » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 pm

It appears that many of the "retired" MAN Midis have been reinstated(having been serviced and cleaned) with most of them gone or going to Lonsdale Depot presumably for Rail Subs next year when work starts on the Oaklands Crossing upgrade and revamp.
Some Elizabeth buses have already been transferred,whilst Torrens Transit has some waiting to go.
LCB has 5 ready as well as 2 ex Southlink Midis waiting at Morphetville.
jibb
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby gunzel42 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 pm

1716 sighted at Mile End this afternoon.
gunzel42
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby Skexis » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:51 pm

2514 seems to be developing an interesting noise when changing up from, I think, 2nd to 3rd gear.
Skexis
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Skexis wrote:2514 seems to be developing an interesting noise when changing up from, I think, 2nd to 3rd gear.


What can possibly be defined as an interesting noise on a CB80? They're just washing machines on wheels in my opinion compared to the stuff they replaced.
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: Not on or at 1770.
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby TA3001 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 pm

Speaking of CB80s, another flawless example has arrived at Port, to become 1962 presumably....
User avatar
TA3001
 
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:01 pm
Location: Not on or at 1770.
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby jibb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 pm

MAN SL 202 443 is doing track runs on the O-Bahn track this afternoon.
jibb
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby jibb » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:54 pm

jibb wrote:MAN SL 202 443 is doing track runs on the O-Bahn track this afternoon.

The days of this bus running on the O-Bahn track are coming to a close. Once the new tunnel is open it will not be able to operate on the track,due to the fact that the aerial will not allow the bus to transmit or receive communications whilst in the tunnel.The rest of the O-Bahn fleet have been fitted with new aerials.
jibb
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby gunzel42 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm

TA3001 wrote:Speaking of CB80s, another flawless example has arrived at Port, to become 1962 presumably....

And an un-numbered new CB80 at Mile End this afternoon.
gunzel42
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby TT » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 pm

The CB80 at Port was already numbered with fleet 1962 this morning.
TT
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Adelaide [West Lakes]
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 0500-LE

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby coach driver 1981 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:34 pm

gunzel42 wrote:
TA3001 wrote:Speaking of CB80s, another flawless example has arrived at Port, to become 1962 presumably....

And an un-numbered new CB80 at Mile End this afternoon.

could this be the start of replacing the 1600 gas fleet?
coach driver 1981
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby jibb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:15 pm

Also another new one in Scania workshops at Wingfield.
jibb
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby jibb » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:17 pm

LCB Artics R803-R804-R805 have been transferred to Torrens Transit's Port Depot(presumably to help out with Rail Subs!)
jibb
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby TT » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Only for rail subs tomorrow (Wednesday) as there's a cruise ship in at Outer Hbr and no trains to get the pax to Adelaide. You might see a few Midis out tomorrow as well
TT
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Adelaide [West Lakes]
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 70 times
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 0500-LE

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby coach driver 1981 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:30 pm

seen video footage today of 443 on the o bahn track with heaps of smoke coming out of the exhaust near the hackney road exit not sure if it was the turbo that let go or a more terminal issue time will tell if it comes back into service or not it looked good the last couple of days being on St Agnes track shifts
coach driver 1981
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby Eagle Eye » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:21 am

jibb wrote:LCB Artics R803-R804-R805 have been transferred to Torrens Transit's Port Depot(presumably to help out with Rail Subs!)

R803 is still at Light-City Buses. Only R804 & R805 have gone to Port Depot.
Time to get bus priority and tram priority through the city and suburbs.
Time to police bus lanes which are used by arrogant car drivers.
Time to work for better timetables and better connections.
User avatar
Eagle Eye
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: In hibernation
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 127 times
Favourite Vehicle: High-floor bus

Re: [Sep/Oct 2017] SA transport observations

Postby jibb » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:05 pm

TT wrote:Only for rail subs tomorrow (Wednesday) as there's a cruise ship in at Outer Hbr and no trains to get the pax to Adelaide. You might see a few Midis out tomorrow as well

Torrens Transit had 26 buses laying over in the City this afternoon-along West Terrace,Henley Beach Road,Sir Donald Bradman Drive and Grote Street.
Artics,Rigids, and even 1790-from all 4 TT depots.Doing Shuttles to and from City and Outer Harbour.
jibb
 
Posts: 3402
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:59 pm
Location: 265
Has thanked: 358 times
Been thanked: 163 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Discussion - Adelaide / SA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests